Feb Half term

Afcmarshall

Earning My Ears
looking for help with what it's like in Feb half term will it be very busy and will we spend a lot of time waiting for rides? Also is it best to wait for a flash sale or is the current offer the best there's likely to be?

if your half term dates fall after 15th february, then yes, it will be busy in 2014, as unusually thats French (Parisien area) school holiday time, until the beginning of March.

Its unusual for UK feb half term to get a flash sale, and as its also French school holidays, I don't imagine there will be any trouble filling the hotels at that time of year.

What price are you seeing for your dates under the current offer?

Thanks for your reply I haven't really looked at specific packages yet but was looking to go for 2/3 nights from the 17th. Would I be better to wait for may half term 26th May or will this be just as busy? Also is parking free at the hotels and can you leave the car before you've checked in?

We are going from 16th - 21st Feb and are expecting it to be very busy with the UK & French schools being off! We're just hoping that the cold weather might put a few people of going.. wishful thinking, I think! :rotfl2:

Thanks for your reply I haven't really looked at specific packages yet but was looking to go for 2/3 nights from the 17th. Would I be better to wait for may half term 26th May or will this be just as busy? Also is parking free at the hotels and can you leave the car before you've checked in?

May half term will be quieter, as long as you're away from DLP by 29th May (Ascension Day, major public holiday in France and a very busy time at DLP).

You can check in as early as you like when you first arrive at DLP on your check-in day (I've checked in before 8am). You can park your car for free at your hotel, collect your park tickets, any meal vouchers etc you've paid for in advance, park programme etc. If your room is ready you'll get your room key too, if its not you can just head off to the parks for the day and come back to your hotel after 3pm (or at the end of the park day, whichever you prefer) to collect your activated room key. If you don't want to leave your luggage in your car, you can also use the free luggage store at each hotel, from as early as you like, on your check-in day.

Thanks again for your replies not sure what to do booking it as a Christmas surprise for my wife and twins but don't want to spend the whole week waiting to get on rides but also don't want to wait till May. Have you ever stayed near Disney the day before you check in?

Yes i often stay offsite but nearby DLP the night before check~in at our onsite hotel.

HappyPanda said:
We are going from 16th - 21st Feb and are expecting it to be very busy with the UK & French schools being off! We're just hoping that the cold weather might put a few people of going.. wishful thinking, I think! :rotfl2:

I doubt it.....I know group of 25 that are going Feb half and most of them are on the Dis, bar one of the party :) Massive group meet up of the thermal undies and furry boot brigade Haha!!!!

Afcmarshall said:
Thanks again for your replies not sure what to do booking it as a Christmas surprise for my wife and twins but don't want to spend the whole week waiting to get on rides but also don't want to wait till May. Have you ever stayed near Disney the day before you check in?

We do - we drive down and make stops on the way (last one was Vimy) and get a full day in the park the next day :)

It will be busy although not as bad as October half term is! Feb half term is cheaper than May, especially as you get free child places. The current offer does include dining which is probably a good thing if this is your first visit. Alternatively you could book with expedia and get annual passes, although for 2 nights 3 days this is probably not such a good deal. I would expect another offer to include Feb half term later in Dec or Jan, but it would be unlikely to include free dining.
Have a look on disneyholidays.co.uk as this brings up all choices and you don't pay credit card fees. :thumbsup2

I doubt it.....I know group of 25 that are going Feb half and most of them are on the Dis, bar one of the party :) Massive group meet up of the thermal undies and furry boot brigade Haha!!!!

its going to be chaos, total chaos, and that just with this lot lol

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm stocking up on thermals already! I'm thinking thermals layered on top of thermals should get me through!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I'm stocking up on thermals already! I'm thinking thermals layered on top of thermals should get me through!

where are you getting thermals from? I rememebr reading sport direct is good for them... we are off in 3 weeks so I should better get some for us as it could be cold then.. and if not will keep for Jan 2015 as wont to go during sale :rotfl:

netimka said:
where are you getting thermals from? I rememebr reading sport direct is good for them... we are off in 3 weeks so I should better get some for us as it could be cold then.. and if not will keep for Jan 2015 as wont to go during sale :rotfl:

You can buy them in Primark, Asda, Ssinsbury's.....and poundland have some but don't know how good they are!

Ate thermals really necessary?

It depends on the weather as it's so unpredictable - I went in February 2011 and we had lovely pre-spring weather. However, it could also be sub-zero and snowing! So I'm buying and taking thermals, just in case. There's nothing worse than standing in an outside queue line feeling freezing cold!

We went February 2012 for 3 nights and the temperature never got above -2 at anytime across our 4 days/3nights with it sat most the time at -4 -5 (the international rugby in Paris was cancelled due to them being unable to thaw the frozen pitch), The wind made it bitterly cold ( wind chill was below -10) it was a pretty miserable trip as it was just so so cold and was near impossible to keep the youngsters warm. So I'd say yes thermals are necessary, take them and hope they aren't needed but plan for the cold!

ghockley1981 said:
Ate thermals really necessary?

On second thoughts Glenn, it's at night when it gets really cold.....we'll all be too drunk to care in one of the bars! ;)

Just reading about how cold it might be is geting me all excited for Feb, love DLRP when it's really cold! Is that wierd?! :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter