Fearlessly Fleeting February 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I’d love to fly.
Licorice
I’d also like to sing.
Unfortunately I’ve mostly been watching CNN today, so a bunch of newsy people I guess.
I’m early, but every once in a while I like to break out my crazy pants and show up right on time.

I haven’t been feeling well today and was stressing about it, but I think it was from stress eating yesterday and not having anything for breakfast, I forced myself To get a good lunch and things have turned around. I’m ready to go so it’ll be a quiet evening and hopefully good sleep, then off to the airport in the morning. Woohoo!

I’d love to fly.
Licorice
I’d also like to sing.
Unfortunately I’ve mostly been watching CNN today, so a bunch of newsy people I guess.
I’m early, but every once in a while I like to break out my crazy pants and show up right on time.

I haven’t been feeling well today and was stressing about it, but I think it was from stress eating yesterday and not having anything for breakfast, I forced myself To get a good lunch and things have turned around. I’m ready to go so it’ll be a quiet evening and hopefully good sleep, then off to the airport in the morning. Woohoo!
Have a wonderful vacation in Disney World! Please post photos if you get a chance.

Going to get my nails done today-picking out a color is always hard for me! Then pack up so we get an early start tomorrow morning. Looking forward to getting away and visiting with my sister for a few days.
It’s a beautiful sunny day-look what I saw on my walk this morning!

F1731C04-1175-4449-BAF1-98FCF09E1B64.jpeg

Day one of vacation has been a lot of fun. I have the perfect room in POP’s 50’s building one,and I absolutely love the Skyliner. Today was Hollywood Studios. I overslept and missed the 7am and 7:10am drops of LL$ for RotR, but thought oh well, not riding it isn’t going to ruin my trip. I did get myself out of the room in time to take advantage of early resort guest hours and lined up for Micky’s Runaway Railroad, which was super cute. It was still before 9am when I got out of that ride so I headed back to Banatu thinking I could still get in line for Smugglers Run before the regular guests got there. But the wait time for RotR was only 30 mins, so I did that first and really enjoyed it. Smugglers Run has a singles line so I walked right in. Then I headed back towards the front and did Frozen Singalong, which is always so cute. After that I chilled for awhile until my lunch reservation at Brown Derby. It was so nice to have someone cook specially for me, the Chef even came out to double check, he said he looked it up and it’s in just about everything. Yep! Next up was the Beauty and the Beast show.

Then it was back to the resort for a good long nap then over to EPCOT to cap off the evening with the movie in France and the American Adventure, two of my favorites.

Yesterday DD and I went to church in person for the first time in two years. Our Pastor is retiring and moving to Maine. This was her retirement service. She meant a lot to me. I followed her from another church when we became disillusioned by the church. She had been our Associate Pastor and Music Director/Choir Director there. I sang in her choir for years. She coached me and expanded my range helping me to hit high notes that I never thought possible. She gave inspirational sermons and was a very kind and humble person. Saying “Goodbye,” to her was hard.

Being in church was surreal…in some ways good and in some ways uncomfortable. I was double masked knowing that so many wouldn’t be in spite of the masking requirements. Because of this I couldn’t sing or even read the prayers without running out of air. Having asthma doesn’t help.

Anyway, it was an emotional day and I was basically worthless for the remainder of the day.

I look forward to singing in church again when everything is back to normal…whenever that is.

Catching up from the weekend.

1. My super power: To be able to turn back time
Skittles
3. I wish I were carfty
4.This morning I was watching the local news but last night I watched Pivoting
5. I am always early. I hate to be late. DH though doesn't want to be a minute early and really would rather be late. There is always tension when we need to be somewhere together.

I got to go out to dinner with some friends on Saturday. It was so nice to be able to catch up and really to just get away from the stuff going on here. Earlier in the week I wasn't sure I was going to be able to go because of how much pain I was in. Thankfully by Friday I was getting better and was only in a little bit of pain Saturday. Yesterday, was the first day of not taking Advil. So yay! for feeling better.

Yesterday DD and I went to church in person for the first time in two years. Our Pastor is retiring and moving to Maine. This was her retirement service. She meant a lot to me. I followed her from another church when we became disillusioned by the church. She had been our Associate Pastor and Music Director/Choir Director there. I sang in her choir for years. She coached me and expanded my range helping me to hit high notes that I never thought possible. She gave inspirational sermons and was a very kind and humble person. Saying “Goodbye,” to her was hard.

Being in church was surreal…in some ways good and in some ways uncomfortable. I was double masked knowing that so many wouldn’t be in spite of the masking requirements. Because of this I couldn’t sing or even read the prayers without running out of air. Having asthma doesn’t help.

Anyway, it was an emotional day and I was basically worthless for the remainder of the day.

I look forward to singing in church again when everything is back to normal…whenever that is.
It’s so hard when you have a strong relationship with your pastor and they retire or move on.
I have not attended church in person since the pandemic and I think part of the reason is I don’t feel a connection to the minister that replaced our long time pastor. Maybe I need to try out other options.

Sadly MK has been a bust today. I did early entry this morning but it isn’t well laid out here and it looks like you have to be at the front of the pack to make it work at all. As it was I only got Petter Pan in before park opening. Then I did Small World and had thought Haunted Mansion after that, but there was already quite a wait. A parade was starting so I headed towards Pirates, thinking it would be a good choice during the parade, but it was down. I back tracked to Country Bears but the holding area was full of people and the line stretched out the door and down the walkway. I’ve never seen that before. I cut back thru thinking I’d do Tiki Birds, but it was closed. I decided to sit close to Pirates for a while to see if it reopened, but it didn’t. On my way to Skippers for lunch I walked thru Swiss Family. I’m sitting in the restaurant now and Pirates is still down, as is Splash. I was thinking I would do People Mover after lunch then head over to EPCOT, but the posted wait time is 60 minutes… for People Mover?

I have another day at MK and was thinking I would try Genie+ to see if that helps, but with rides down I don’t know.

I will head over to EPCOT after I eat and do the left side working my way back. After that I think I’ll hang out by the pool for the evening.

5400 steps so far and I’ll get over 10,000 making my way thru EPCOT. At least this vacation has got me moving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter