Fearlessly Fleeting February 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Summer2018

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the February 2022 W.I.S.H. (We are inspired To Stay Healthy) thread, Fearlessly Fleeting February! It's a short month, going by fast, and will be over before we know it, so let's make the most of it!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY
TOPIC TUESDAY
WOO HOO WEDNESDAY
THANKFUL THURSDAY
FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
SOCIAL SATURDAY
SELF-CARE SUNDAY

This month's hosts are:

1/31 - 2/6 - Pollyanna Mom
2/7 - 2/13 - Happy Grape
2/14 - 2/20 - sjrec

2/21 - 2/27 - Summer2018

You're Welcome:lovestruc

I'm Linda, an empty-nester from the Pacific Northwest. Right now my motivation is lacking, but I'll just keep plodding along doing what I do and I'm sure it'll come back. Need to book travel stuff to see DS2's senior recital in NYC. That should be some motivation!! Travel!!! woot woot

Topic Tuesday Energy!

The-things-you-do-either-give-you-energy-or-drain-you.-Choose-wisely.jpg

What things you do when you are trying to improve your energy?

From meeting people who leave you feel better, to relaxation, exercise, food, holiday planning - if you want to up your energy levels, what are your go to things/tools?
Are there activities/food/people that drain your energy and you would rather avoid or limit?

I

Last edited:
I try to surround myself with people who emanate sunshine, and if I can’t avoid negative people, I try to be the sunshine myself emanating positivity. Eating healthy and exercising is not only necessary for losing weight, they give me energy and help me to feel better overall. Having faith and praying enables me to survive in the darkest of times.

Intro:
I'm Summer, 57.
I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH 62 & DD 24.
Working as...Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school.
Favorite place...Seashore.
Hobbies...Art, swimming, reading, singing.
2022 Goals...Finally lose the baby weight using NOOM; walk daily; learn how to be more flexible and handle stress better; keep my eye on the prize; and BELIEVE IN MYSELF!

What things you do when you are trying to improve your energy?

Making sleep a priority has helped me a lot with energy. (Click here if you want to take a chronotype quiz or find a book to read.) I've accepted the fact that I'm an early-to-bed/early-to-rise person, and have built my routines around that.

Actually, routines themselves are another one. I usually walk on the treadmill around 7:00 or 7:30pm, not because that's when I have the most energy, but because it's something I can do automatically, when I don't have the energy to start a project. It ends up giving me a little boost to get through the rest of the evening.

Getting outside is another one for me. Sunshine is so restorative!

Are there activities/food/people that drain your energy and you would rather avoid or limit?

I'm an introvert, so socializing, even when I enjoy it, is "energy expensive" for me. I need time to myself before and after to recharge. (The DIS is great in that regard because even though it's "social" in nature it's at a much slower pace than talking in person, so it doesn't drain me.)

Last edited:
Hi, I am Stephanie from Northeast Ohio. I have been married for 17 years and have 2 kids (DS is 15 and DD is 14). Right now DD is sucking the life out of me. She has been sick since the end of December. She was really sick then with a bad cold and somewhere along the way we are pretty sure what is going on now is her anxiety. This isn't the first time this has happened. Right now I think it is school. She is putting a lot of pressure on herself to get good grades and to find a college. She is only a freshman so I am not sure why she is so focused on looking at colleges right now. She even put a Power Point together. We will get there with her. It will just take time. I have set up for her to see her therapist every other week instead of once a month until we get her back on track.

DS is moving along. So far this quarter he is doing great. Maybe he will be able to get his temps soon. We haven't let him yet (he can get them at 15.5 years old which was back in October) because he has not been turning in homework.

This month I plan to get back on track. I gained a lot of the weight back that I lost last year. I plan to get at least 30 minutes in a day on the treadmill. It is too snowy and cold to walk outside right now.

Intro
I'm Nicole, 51, hoping to lose a little weight, but mostly just stay active and healthy. I participate in the Monthly Exercise threads and the Walk to Disney thread here on the WISH board as well.
I live in Massachusetts (south of Boston) with my DH and two spoiled cats, and I have a 21-year-old away at college in Maine.
I've previously been a mutual fund accountant, SAHM, Usborne Book consultant, and substitute teacher. Right now, I'm a housewife taking a couple of "senior college" classes and slowly decluttering my house.

My energy lifters are getting outside and taking road trips. Port Townsend is my favorite destination because I get the ferry boat ride, an hour and a half country drive and lots of out of doors places to chose for walks when I get there. On top of that I get a nice in-person visit with my Niece, and it is a mood lifter to be around other human.

I did get out for a walk in the park after work yesterday, it is so nice to have the sunset get later and later each day. I walked in the upper forested part of the park and the trees smelled so good... and I did get over 5000 steps yesterday. I was proud of myself for getting out because I'd felt crappy all day, I've got an other congestion thing going on. Ugh. Sadly I'm going to have to cancel my massage appointment this afternoon because I just can't in good conscious take the risk of exposing her to whatever this is.

Hi I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in the great PNW, in Seattle.

I have my long awaited trip to WDW end of the month, so I am focused on getting ready for it. So far that has meant a lot of shopping, but I also want to drop a few pounds and get conditioning in my legs/feet. I've been so many times that I'm not go-go-go when I'm there any more, but I still want to get the most out of the trip by having nice long days wandering around, soaking it all in.

Intro: Shannon from RI busy mom of 3 (DS9, DS6, DD3) trying to make the most of my last year in my 30s. Business Analyst at a bank working a hybrid schedule. Married for 13 years to DH.
Goals this month are weight maintenance, improving muscle tone, cooking more at home, stress reduction and finding ME again. I have spent so much time over the last couple years focusing on the wants and needs of others I need to find what makes me happy and fulfilled again outside of that space. I have been seeing what happens when you live 100% for others and it ain't pretty so making an effort to not do that myself.

For WhooHoo Wednesday, I am sharing list from a book I have of small things that we can do easy and be proud off! If you have big, or weight loss whoos please share them with us so we can celebrate them with you! But don't forget to be proud for all the small things you do

• Go grocery shopping and come home with a cart full of healthy, delicious foods.
• Take a walk, hit the gym, or dance around your living room till you work up a sweat.
• Watch a short video on deep breathing and learn how to manage your breath.
• Clean one small space in your living quarters, just enough to see an improvement.
• Do one thing on your to-do list (you don’t need to knock out the whole list to feel proud).
• Look at the mirror and gaze only at your best features.
• Explore volunteering or think about how to help a friend.
• Make your bed or wash the car.
• Get a head start on doing your taxes by organizing your paperwork.
• Call, text, or email a friend or family member you haven’t seen or heard from in a long time.
• Water your plants.
• Clean out the cat’s litter box.
• Bathe the dog.
• Get a book or sign up for a course on learning how to meditate.

I am woohooing that I have not gained all of my weight back. I did gain 6 pounds though. Now to work on getting that back down. I have been eating better this week.

My small woohoo is that we dropped off our taxes last night with the person that does them. They should be ready, I am guessing by next week. They are usually pretty quick.

Another small woohoo is that I took my lunch yesterday. I was going to skip it again and make up time from my doctors appointment on Monday so I didn't have to take PTO. I thought a bit about it and decided to take the PTO to cover Monday and that taking a lunch was much better. I never use all of my PTO each year (80 hours can be rolled over so I don't lose it) anyways. I just needed to slow down a bit and needed the time. I read about 1.5 chapters in my book. It was so nice to escape for a bit.

I am really looking forward for gentle swim and spa area in my gym. Lovely adult only salt water, very warm pool with dim blue light. After 2 years dealing iwth long covid booms and busts of energy, triggered by exercise I need to stop exercising for some time and let my body heal/energy stabilize. I am ready to let go trying to be as I was before, and to listen to my body, rest, learn to walk slow (man I can't even walk with normal human pace, I am so used to rushing around and doing things all the time!

My whoohoo is that I feel more at peace with where I am right now

The hardest part is really trying to moderate my energy when I have a lot, as I get the crashed the days after and they last for long - over a week sometimes.

Woohoo... when I left the house this morning a little after 7am to make my Starbuck's run, the sky was not dark. What an improvement.

Woohoo... I ended up keeping my massage appointment yesterday. I started to perk up a bit after eating breakfast and thought to give it another hour before deciding. When I pulled my daily tarot card I was thinking it might help me decide the right thing to do and in the meaning of the card it literally said to do something nice for yourself like "get a massage". And it was so good and so needed, she spent a lot of time working on the left hip/thigh and it feels so much better. It is the first time I've felt my mood lift while getting worked on and I was mighty happy by the time I left.

And woohoo... vacation is 16 days away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter