Favorite resort for families with great pool?

allykat44

Earning My Ears
We’re planning our first trip to Disney World in May and are planning to eentcDVC points. I have a 2 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. We’re planning to stay 5 days and spend one day at each park.

What resort would you recommend considering we have a toddler? And which has the best kids pool area?

Polynesian might be a good choice for a 5 day stay with 2 small kids if you want a studio. (No full kitchen and laundry in the room)
Frankly, any of them are fine for families and have great kids pool areas.

We stayed at Kidani last year and my 2 year old loved the pool splash/play area. He loved the animals as well.

I would not choose AKV right now. Jambo House is not slated to reopen any time soon. Food options are very limited at Kidani.

If you are not planning to get a 1BR and cook, I would recommend CCV or VGF right now. Access to more food options, and great splash areas.

If you want to use the best pool on property then Beach Club! My kids spend more time at Stormalong Bay than the parks!
You can also walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from there too.
We love walking around the Boardwalk everyday when we stay there too.

I do love the pools at the Poly. It's got a GREAT splash pad for the little ones, and a great feature pool with a fun "volcano" waterslide. The smaller Oasis pool tends to be quiet, and calm with zero entry which is always a plus.

My 4-year-old LOVES the quiet pool - she's frankly a bit of a coward and doesn't like being splashed. My 2-year-old on the other hand is much more gung-ho, and loves charging into the splash pad. She fears nothing and nobody. My wife loves the volcano slide. I love the dole whip!

The only downside is that the Poly is under construction, and the hotel side of the resort remains closed. Most of the shops and restaurants are open, though a few ('Ohana, Trader Sam's) are not. The Monorail stop to Magic Kingdom is closed down, but it's a short walk to the TTC to catch a monorail or ferry, plus they have smaller launches from the resort.

I personally wouldn't let that stop me - I am a (brand new!) DVC owner at the Poly, and have rented there several times in the past, and would love a quiet and less crowded Polynesian getaway.

Our favorite resort to stay at when our children were little was the Polynesian, but I'm not sure what the construction schedule is there. I would lean toward a monorail resort because of it's easy access to the Magic Kingdom and ease of transportation with loading an umbrella stroller. The Grand Floridian has an awesome Splash area and family pool, plus it has access to all of the monorail hotels' restaurants. The Wilderness Lodge is a wonderful retreat from the busy parks, and you're not really that far from the Magic Kingdom; the boat ride is very calming and a ride itself! So many choices (and there really isn't a resort that our family hasn't loved)!:)
Have fun planning your trip!

AK-K has the best play area for toddlers. A fairly good slide for the 10 YO.

We’re planning our first trip to Disney World in May and are planning to eentcDVC points. I have a 2 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. We’re planning to stay 5 days and spend one day at each park.

What resort would you recommend considering we have a toddler? And which has the best kids pool area?
Hand down for me. I stay at the BC/YC a lot and between the sand beach for the toddlers to and larger lazy river area for the older children it wonderful for the children. Plus you will be able to walk to HS, Epcot or take the skyliner and you have the boardwalk area for other activities. Wonderful area. AK is nice for the children because of the animals but there is more to do at the Boardwalk area.

My kids are older now but we have 4 and I used to stay with 2 younger in sand playing and in that part of pool and husband took 2 older girls on slide and on lazy river; yacht and beach club is my favorite; kids loved walking over to get ice cream and pizza at boardwalk; just love that area with the family!

...and that is why I find SAB stressful. You will have to split up significantly to supervise both kids.

SSR might be a good choice. There are three themed pools and one leisure pool (no real theming). It's not hard to walk or drive to each of the pools from where you stay in the resort. Plus the resort will probably be fully renovated by May. And you are a short walk away from Disney Springs. You'll be taking a bus to each of the parks though.

SSR might be a good choice. There are three themed pools and one leisure pool (no real theming). It's not hard to walk or drive to each of the pools from where you stay in the resort. Plus the resort will probably be fully renovated by May. And you are a short walk away from Disney Springs. You'll be taking a bus to each of the parks though.
SSR has super cute splash pads.

I think with a toddler, the zero depth entry pools are much easier. I think BLT, AKV, Poly have these, Boulder Ridge had a pool rehab a couple of years ago so maybe they have it. I'm not sure about the new resorts. Poly and AKV also have a nice splash zone with fountains and stuff. Stormalong Bay is the favourite pool on property, but I think it would be worrisome with a toddler.

I pick the one where you have to stay there to play there. A pool is just a pool until you add sand. SAB

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter