Favorite resort for families with great pool?

I think with a toddler, the zero depth entry pools are much easier. I think BLT, AKV, Poly have these, Boulder Ridge had a pool rehab a couple of years ago so maybe they have it. I'm not sure about the new resorts. Poly and AKV also have a nice splash zone with fountains and stuff. Stormalong Bay is the favourite pool on property, but I think it would be worrisome with a toddler.
The pool at BRV has zero entry. Main pool has a super cute play area. This is why I think CCV and BRV are solid choices. They also have decent food options right now.

BLT has a play area but it is boring.

We have four kids and have stayed with them at every age. They enjoyed AKV the most. Low key, zero entry, slides for all ages, and kid water splash pads. Plus seeing animals while walking through the halls or off our balancing scored bonus points.

a 5 day stay with 4 park days, gives you a few things to think about.

1- I would not stay at AK. Zero easy access to any parks.
2- Beach Club best pool. Walk to EPCOT and boat to HS, Downside is availability is already tight for May. (Most Wed’s have no availability)
3- Poly (only has studios) also under construction, monorail access from T & T or boat.
4- BLT not an exciting pool but beach at Contemporary too. Also walk to MK.

IMO a toddler and 10 yr old are going to like any pool. I would look at resorts based on the COVID world and what dining options, how walkable, and feel of resort that fit my family.

BC #1 for that reason, but if not available I would stay at. ...BWV (though clown slide, which is going away- is just a pool). I like have easy access to 2 parks without a bus, or getting in a car.

a 5 day stay with 4 park days, gives you a few things to think about.

1- I would not stay at AK. Zero easy access to any parks.
2- Beach Club best pool. Walk to EPCOT and boat to HS, Downside is availability is already tight for May. (Most Wed’s have no availability)
3- Poly (only has studios) also under construction, monorail access from T & T or boat.
4- BLT not an exciting pool but beach at Contemporary too. Also walk to MK.

IMO a toddler and 10 yr old are going to like any pool. I would look at resorts based on the COVID world and what dining options, how walkable, and feel of resort that fit my family.

BC #1 for that reason, but if not available I would stay at. ...BWV (though clown slide, which is going away- is just a pool). I like have easy access to 2 parks without a bus, or getting in a car.
There might be a beach at BLT, but it is fenced off to keep the gators off the beach. No swimming in the lake.

There might be a beach at BLT, but it is fenced off to keep the gators off the beach. No swimming in the lake.
I was thinking more of a young one playing in the sand over near the contemporary pool.

Favorite DVC pools in order...........Copper Creek, Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom Jambo, Yacht Club,

Personally, I think Stormalong Bay is stressful with a toddler.
Having stayed there with a toddler under 2 (who could not swim) and a 6 year old who could, but not strongly, it was a NIGHTMARE. The sandy bottom area came up to the toddler's chest and she would stumble and fall under all the time. And not be able to get up herself. Which meant the parent with her had to scootch along the shallow sandy bottom with her. The other parent took the 6 yo on the small slide on the other side of the walkway from the rest of the pool. Not fun at all for the adults.

Kids are now almost 5 and 9, both can swim fairly well, and I *still* would choose several resorts over BCV/SAB - where we hope to spend 3 nights next spring.

Poly and VGF are good - my 9yo really likes the VGF feature pool and the splash pad is very close. The zero entry area is a little easier.
RIV: great splash pad for the toddler, but my 9yo complained that the slide was too tame. fun pool games, though.
BWV isn't bad either, it has a separate shallow kiddie pool.

I haven't stayed at CCV, Poly, AKV or tried their pools, but they are on the list to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!