Favorite Meatloaf Recipe

My attempt failed. I think it had too much onion & peppers and they needed to be diced smaller.

I used oatmeal soaked in milk & water for an hour, in place of bread. And no egg. I don't use eggs much so didn't want buy a dozen to use one.

I'll try again sometime and use the food processor to dice the onion & pepper to smaller pieces.

2 pounds ground meat
1 pound Italian sausage
1 large yellow onion diced
3 slices brown bread crumbled
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 can tomato sauce
a good heavy squirt yellow mustard
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

mix it all together and cook in a pan until brown on top at 350 farenheit (about a good 50 minutes)

I use the House Of Blues recipe. Really good! The thing that makes it really special is that you use an electric mixer and it gives the meatloaf a "velvety" texture.

:thumbsup2 Yes, yes, YES!! No matter what other ingredients you choose, make sure you use WET BREAD instead of bread crumbs. You won't believe what a difference it makes for a tender, less dense result. (I use water instead of milk and squeeze the excess out before mixing the wet bread into the meat).

I'm going to have to try the wet bread trick. My family loves my meatloaf and requests it pretty regularly. Always served with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Ground beef
cracker crumbs
2 eggs
1 envelope lipton beefy onion soup mix
chopped onions
chopped bell peppers
ketchup
pickapepper sauce
salt
pepper
garlic powder

topping:
ketchup & pickapepper sauce mixed 50/50

I'm going to have to try the wet bread trick. My family loves my meatloaf and requests it pretty regularly. Always served with mashed potatoes and green beans.

Ground beef
cracker crumbs
2 eggs
1 envelope lipton beefy onion soup mix
chopped onions
chopped bell peppers
ketchup
pickapepper sauce
salt
pepper
garlic powder

topping:
ketchup & pickapepper sauce mixed 50/50
If you do nothing except switch out those crackers for wet bread, your family will think you made a whole different dish. It makes such a difference! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter