Favorite Live Action Disney Movie??

"Swiss Family Robinson" (1960).
"Parent Trap" (original and 1998 versions).
The "Love Bug" movies, including the 2005 version with Lindsay Lohan.
"The Boatniks".

All of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies. There are more that I can't think of right now.

Enchanted is my favorite, I know it's kinda weird but I really love the songs of the movie.

I really loved The Straight Story. Directed by David Lynch, known for Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks, and Eraserhead, this movie a is an extreme departure from what he usually does.
In case you haven't seen it, it is based on the true story of a man who drives from Laurens, Iowa, to Mt. Zion, Wis., in 1994 while riding a lawn mower. He does this because he is no longer allowed to drive a car.
It is a wonderful story of a man struggling with old age and mortality and his own demons. Along the way he meets many people and teaches many people exactly what family means.
It stars career character actor and former stunt man Richard Farnsworth and Sissy Spacek as his mentally challenged daughter. A small gem of a film that will make a big impact on you.

I have so many favorites so I'll just list a few but it is certainly not all of them.

Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Pete's Dragon
Polyanna
Honey I Shrunk the Kids

I especially love the older live actions, like pre-1980. Summer Magic, Moonspinners, Pollyanna (anything with Haley mills really) Follow Me Boys, Pete's Dragon and many more. I really miss 'Vault Disney' that used to be late night on the disney channel and ran older movies. Of the more recent, Newsies (of course!) and all the Race to/Return From Witch Mountain movies, the 70's version, the 90's version and the most recent. And many more I'm sure....

Ignoring the partial animated movies (Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, etc) i have to give the clear nod to Hocus Pocus. Easy the best family friendly Horror movie out there.

I have a soft spot for the classic live-actions that I watched as a kid. Reading through this thread has been a lovely walk down memory lane! Favorites are Candleshoe, Summer Magic and the original Parent Trap.
Newer favorites are POTC (especially the first) and Enchanted.

So many good live action movies from Disney but my favorite is The Ugly Dachshund. It's an oldy but a goody!

Snowball Express
Boatniks
Mary Poppins
Etc.

I have a lot of live action films on VHS.. I really need to get them on DVD / Blu-Ray. I miss them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter