Favorite Dining Reservations in Disneyland

Lamplight! The burger, salmon PLT, Caesar Brussel Sprouts, Poke Nachos!

Everyone’s got different opinions and experiences though and it can very day to day sometimes. We also enjoy splitsville, food has always come out timely and has been good! But we always go earlier in the day when it’s not really crowded, a packed house might be a different experience.
Yea, I’ve had good experiences at Splitsville as well. Even the sushi I got was surprisingly good.

My two favorites are Carthay Circle Lounge and GCH Craftsman Bar for food quality. Wine Country Trattoria is decent, Trader Sam’s is unique, Napa Rose is fantastic but $$$$. Overall I think the best table service dining is in DCA/DTD.

Putting in a vote for Craftsman Grill - very easy to get a table (even if you don't have an ADR), good food, full bar. The nachos are huge, the pizzas are very good and the burger is quite good. It's our go-to. Slightly cheaper than Blue Bayou or Carthay. Carthay is the best in-park meal but is expensive and can be hard to get a spot.

Lamplight I find is good for breakfast/brunch but not as good for dinner. Looks like they added a couple new options though and it's definitely a cool location, cooler than Carthay.

Also want to call out Ballast Point in DTD - they usually have walk-in availability too at the outdoor bar upstairs.

Carthay is the best in-park meal but is expensive and can be hard to get a spot.

Lamplight I find is good for breakfast/brunch but not as good for dinner. Looks like they added a couple new options though and it's definitely a cool location, cooler than Carthay.

Also want to call out Ballast Point in DTD - they usually have walk-in availability too at the outdoor bar upstairs.
Blasphemy, nothing is "cooler" than Carthay. :duck:

Putting in a vote for Craftsman Grill - very easy to get a table (even if you don't have an ADR), good food, full bar. The nachos are huge, the pizzas are very good and the burger is quite good. It's our go-to. Slightly cheaper than Blue Bayou or Carthay. Carthay is the best in-park meal but is expensive and can be hard to get a spot.

Good to know about ballast point. We haven’t been back since they no longer have reservations through open table.

Good to know about ballast point. We haven’t been back since they no longer have reservations through open table.
I've found it to be very easy to get in. The ordering is a little unusual to me as you order everything from your phone with the QR code on the table. It's not super intuitive for me but they do have servers who come around to help if needed and to bring your food/beverages.

I've found it to be very easy to get in. The ordering is a little unusual to me as you order everything from your phone with the QR code on the table. It's not super intuitive for me but they do have servers who come around to help if needed and to bring your food/beverages.
Interesting. It was like that last time we went during Covid restrictions. We found it very difficult to order another round of drinks. Hopefully they have improved that process! Thanks for the info!!!

Interesting. It was like that last time we went during Covid restrictions. We found it very difficult to order another round of drinks. Hopefully they have improved that process! Thanks for the info!!!
Yeah, I'm not really a big fan. It's easy to figure out what I want, less easy to order it the way I like it! I also forgot they used that system and I kept waiting for someone to come and bring me a menu :rolleyes1 . Honestly, it didn't really seem to save them much. They still had the same number of servers and the servers were constantly having to explain things. It may actually be more work for them IMO.

We had this issue too. I like the ordering system but they need a way to call your server.
Exactly! I actually like ordering from my phone at my leisure. I don't like not being able to modify, like if I want to ask for something like parmesan for the fries or leaving off/adding something to a sandwich or burger.

Man, reading this thread is making me wish I had time to book a couple sit down meals for my upcoming trip. Too close and not really anything worthwhile left! Maybe I'll get lucky with a walk up since it's just me (not counting on it, but one can hope!).

Man, reading this thread is making me wish I had time to book a couple sit down meals for my upcoming trip. Too close and not really anything worthwhile left! Maybe I'll get lucky with a walk up since it's just me (not counting on it, but one can hope!).
I think you have a good shot at getting in! Walk-ups have worked for me on many occasions. Also, be sure to keep checking close to your dates for cancellations. A lot of people do cancel last minute.

I think you have a good shot at getting in! Walk-ups have worked for me on many occasions. Also, be sure to keep checking close to your dates for cancellations. A lot of people do cancel last minute.
Thanks! I plan to keep checking every day and then try walk up at a few. Blue Bayou is the only one I would really love to try one day just for the experience, but there are certainly others I'd take advantage of if I could get a walk up spot.

Here are my thoughts in no particular order of table service in the parks and not including character meals:

1) Carthay Circle -- it's fancy and expensive, decent to great food. I don't go here often, because of price, and the meals tend to take longer.
2) Lamplight Lounge -- currently my favorite ADR, due to ambience and food options. Service isn't always stellar.
3) Cafe Orleans - Cheaper alternative to Blue Bayou, good food, top 3 for me.
4) Carnation Cafe -- One of my favorites, comfort food, fried pickles, etc. It is nice that it is on Main Street, but you would need to sit outside to get that feeling.
5) River Belle -- haven't been in a long time, had a couple bad experiences with not fresh food, though service was good. Heard good things recently though.
6) Wine Country Trattoria -- not much better than Olive Garden. Will likely not go again unless they change.
7) Blue Bayou -- What can I say about this? We've had good experiences there, and bad experiences. Always good to great service, but problems with food. Good to experience once for sure, but I don't plan to go back unless I am with group that hasn't been there.

The lounge version of Carthay -- heard good things, but never been.

Favorites:
DL: Cafe Orleans
DCA: Lamplight Lounge
GCH: Craftsman Bar, haven't been to Napa.
DLH and PPH don't really have enough options to have a favorite.
Downtown Disney: Not a big fan of most of the restaurants here, so I will choose Earl of Sandwich.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter