Favorite Dining Reservations in Disneyland

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
My second visit to the Disneyland Parks in California is coming up later this spring. The first time we didn't do many sit down restaurants because the kids are young. This visit we will be a party of 6. 4 adults, DS9, and DD8.

I would love you guys' opinion on:

1. Best ADR overall at DLR. (and why)

2. Best "bang for your buck" ADR at DLR. (and why)

I look forward to your responses.

Everyone’s going to have different opinions on this one. Our kids are around your kids ages and they LOVE Goofy’s kitchen for sit down. Lots of food options for kids and the adult options aren’t bad, plus characters.

Storytellers as well, better food options for adults, not as many for kids but you can ala carte order chicken strips, sliders and fries, plus characters.

Lamplight is great food and drinks for adults but not many good kid options, we typically bring in food for the kids there.

Last edited:
Everyone’s going to have different opinions on this one. Our kids are around your kids ages and they LOVE Goofy’s kitchen for sit down. Lots of food options for kids and the adult options aren’t bad, plus characters.

Storytellers as well, better food options for adults, not as many for kids but you can ala carte order chicken strips, sliders and fries, plus characters.

Lamplight is great food and drinks for adults but not many good kid options, we typically bring in food for the kids there.
I’m going as well with my teenage daughter. 1st time at DL for us. I saw free dining plan at WDW for certain Dis+ members, are they doing that at DL as well?

I’m going as well with my teenage daughter. 1st time at DL for us. I saw free dining plan at WDW for certain Dis+ members, are they doing that at DL as well?
Disneyland doesn’t have a dining plan, they haven’t for years now.

Again, very subjective…but some most would say one of these four: Napa Rose, Lamplight Lounge, Blue Bayou, or Cathay Circle.

2. Best bang for buck from those…Lamplight on a good day. Nice ambience, lots of drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic), good food, not as expensive as the others

My second visit to the Disneyland Parks in California is coming up later this spring. The first time we didn't do many sit down restaurants because the kids are young. This visit we will be a party of 6. 4 adults, DS9, and DD8.

I would love you guys' opinion on:

1. Best ADR overall at DLR. (and why)

2. Best "bang for your buck" ADR at DLR. (and why)

I look forward to your responses.

1. Blue Bayou because it's so unique. (You'd have to check the menu to see if your kids would eat anything there.)

2. Any of the character meals, especially with kids. We love Goofy's. It's nice because you can do it on a non-park day if you don't want to give up park time. Plaza Inn breakfast with Minnie is very popular, too.

Have a great trip!

1. Blue Bayou because it's so unique. (You'd have to check the menu to see if your kids would eat anything there.)

2. Any of the character meals, especially with kids. We love Goofy's. It's nice because you can do it on a non-park day if you don't want to give up park time. Plaza Inn breakfast with Minnie is very popular, too.

Have a great trip!
You can bring in outside food to Blue Bayou. One of ours will not eat anything on their kids menu so we get either chicken tenders or fish and chips from Golden Horseshoe to go and bring it in.

I'm going to be the black sheep here and say that Lamplight Lounge was the only Dining Reservation I felt lukewarm about when I visited two years ago. It was a very fun place to be with a lot to look at, very good vibes, but we just felt that the food and service weren't as good as they were at the other restaurants we went to. I understand and respect the appeal it has to others but if we could do our DCA day over again, I bet we would have skipped Lamplight Lounge to eat at some of the Quick Service places and maybe do a World of Color dessert party instead.

We really enjoyed Cafe Orleans. This was my birthday dinner & my first ever trip to Disneyland and I felt like I needed to try the Mint Julep, Monte Cristo, and truffle fries in order to complete my dream day at Disneyland. I felt like it was a great value, we got great service, and had a great meal so if I ever end up on the west coast again, I'll definitely be returning.

We also liked Goofy's Kitchen a lot as a character meal, we felt the quality of the food was a lot better than the character meals we have at WDW. A lot of savory and sweet options that went beyond the typical eggs, bacon, and waffles.

I'm going to be the black sheep here and say that Lamplight Lounge was the only Dining Reservation I felt lukewarm about when I visited two years ago. It was a very fun place to be with a lot to look at, very good vibes, but we just felt that the food and service weren't as good as they were at the other restaurants we went to. I understand and respect the appeal it has to others but if we could do our DCA day over again, I bet we would have skipped Lamplight Lounge to eat at some of the Quick Service places and maybe do a World of Color dessert party instead.

We really enjoyed Cafe Orleans. This was my birthday dinner & my first ever trip to Disneyland and I felt like I needed to try the Mint Julep, Monte Cristo, and truffle fries in order to complete my dream day at Disneyland. I felt like it was a great value, we got great service, and had a great meal so if I ever end up on the west coast again, I'll definitely be returning.

We also liked Goofy's Kitchen a lot as a character meal, we felt the quality of the food was a lot better than the character meals we have at WDW. A lot of savory and sweet options that went beyond the typical eggs, bacon, and waffles.
Agreed about lamplight. Our last 4 times there were not great. Yes, we kept trying to give them another chance and it never got better. As a result, we did not dine there on our November trip. For our family, it’s too expensive to eat there and be disappointed each time. Makes me sad, but my teens are just as happy eating earl of sandwich and it saves us money. Lol.

Agreed about lamplight. Our last 4 times there were not great. Yes, we kept trying to give them another chance and it never got better. As a result, we did not dine there on our November trip. For our family, it’s too expensive to eat there and be disappointed each time. Makes me sad, but my teens are just as happy eating earl of sandwich and it saves us money. Lol.

Love Earl of Sandwich! Have dined at the Disney Springs location many, many times!

... most would say one of these four: Napa Rose, Lamplight Lounge, Blue Bayou, or Cathay Circle.

2. Best bang for buck from those…Lamplight on a good day. Nice ambience, lots of drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic), good food, not as expensive as the others
This. ^^

Blue Bayou is a must just to check it off your list, Lamplight is great and Carthay is my favorite, but not sure kids would like it (same with Napa Rose)

Blue Bayou is good, but ...(I know I will get zinged) I thought the Monte Cristo sandwich was not very good. I get a fabulous one close to my work, but just my humble opinion. One place that I must say is the worst of the worst is Splitzville Bowling Lane, horrible service took 45 minutes for a burger and it was awful.

We were also really disappointed with lamplight. It was a one and done. It was an expensive snack and drink, not a meal.

It was an expensive snack and drink, not a meal.

Yes, for sure. I remember looking over the menu before I made the ADR and thinking there wasn't a lot in the way of true entrees but booked it anyway because of how well it was recommended. We ordered the lobster nachos as an app and the waiter seemed surprised when we asked if we could order burgers for our entrees.

Lamplight! The burger, salmon PLT, Caesar Brussel Sprouts, Poke Nachos!

Everyone’s got different opinions and experiences though and it can very day to day sometimes. We also enjoy splitsville, food has always come out timely and has been good! But we always go earlier in the day when it’s not really crowded, a packed house might be a different experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter