Favorite Annual Pass Uses

rachaelg

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm pretty sure we're convinced that annual passes are the way to go for our situation next year (two adults with two WDW trips planned). I'm quite sure I understand all the financial benefits of the annual passes, but I would love to hear from you about HOW you use your pass for little extra things that you wouldn't be able to do without it. Do you pop into a park for a special meal? Is there one ride that you'll use your pass to ride and then leave? Tell me the fun things that your pass allows you to do!

One time my husband and sons drove from NJ to DisneyWorld in one day. They left early morning and got to MK at around 10:45pm. When they were entering, the CM said, 'you might want to wait until tomorrow, the park closes in 15 minutes'. They went through the turnstiles and -ran- to Peter Pan before it closed. :wizard:

I “justified” the DL/WDW Premiere Pass and would visit both parks by alternately the location and month....I used cheap flights on SW from the Midwest basically the heart of the country as we call it in Kansas City. Much more fun than any other form of therapy . Plus I became the free tour guide for trip planning for family&friends.
The price tag for that level Premiere pass Made my decision to move to Florida very easy except for missing Disneyland.

I love being able to on a whim plan a trip. I live in GA so it's easy to come down for a weekend trip (I usually use my airline miles to book a quick flight, but driving isn't bad for a long weekend). I've gotten some amazing AP room deals so it's really hard to say no to just jumping down for a last minute trip. It's kind of my "things have been going rought lately, I need a break" getaway.

Trips on a whim are my favorite part of having an AP too. Nothing like the rush of a flash airfare sale followed by being able to snag an AP discounted resort room for a couple of days you can manage to take off last minute.

Few years ago we lived in Celebration. DH would come home from work (I was working from home), and after a quick dinner we would drive over to Epcot, have coffee, watch fireworks, chat with people visiting from all over the world, and drive home. Sometimes I would grab a dining reservation and we would do dinner then coffee and fireworks (and chat with people visiting from all over the world).

Good times. :love:

I like the free magnets during the year. I also like the ability to go to Epcot (or whichever park the magnet is located), get our free magnet, and then book it to our originally planned park.

I'm local, so I've done things like pick up an FP during my lunch break at work and go to the park after work. It's great for meeting up with local friends at the last minute and to join friends and family from out of town when they come for vacation. I've also ran into the parks 5 minutes to close to watch the fireworks show. I've even just tapped in and walked out 30 seconds later (so I can get the AP F+W gift quickly).

Honestly my favorite thing of having a pass is the impromptu trips. My best friend also has a pass, and there are times we’ll plan to fly down when we find cheap tickets and a good room discount.
Exacty! I am always on the lookout for a cheap flight to try and squeeze in another Disney visit.

Photopass has been the best perk of having an AP.
The other benefit we like is going to the parks however many days we want to without figuring out of we would waste a day of our tickets by going for a short time.

Photopass. I hit a park or 2 every weekend and usually have my grandson with me and we take LOTS of photopass pictures.

the ability to pop into a park for dinner. Some times I just really want fish & chips from the UK pavilion (Yorkshire County Fish Shop ) or Mac & Cheese from Friar Nook's when they had the hamburger mac & cheese. Not having to wait for one of our big trips to try a restaurant I want to it a big plus.

Merch discounts. I have a huge Mickey ear collection and that few bucks off each pair adds up over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter