• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite acting performances in a movie?

I love Michael Keaton in anything. Watched Homecoming again recently and he was great. Right amount of menacing and at the same time, you couldn’t hate his character.

Tom Hanks in Apollo 13
Gary Oldman in Darkest Hour
Clark Gable in Gone With The Wind
Katherine Hepburn in Lion In Winter

Paul Scofiled in A Man For All Seasons
Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain
Jack Lemmon in The China Syndrome
Maggie Smith in The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Ellen Burstyn in Resurrection
Katherine Hepburn in The Lion in Winter

Tom Hanks in The Terminal
David Straithairn in Sneakers.D

And of course, favorite line in any movie ever: "Big mistake. Big. Huge. I have to go shopping now."

Katherine Hepburn in Lion in Winter, Spencer Tracy in Captains Courageous and Bette Davis in every movie she ever made!!

Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in August:Osage County
Rosalind Russell in Gypsy
Eddie Murphy in Dream Girls. He was phenomenal!

Tom Hanks in Captain Phillips
Peter O'Toole in Lawrence of Arabia
Gregory Peck in To Kill A Mockingbird
Judi Dench in Philomena
Spencer Tracy in Bad Day at Black Rock
Judy Garland in A Star Is Born
Etc...

Meryl Streep and Jack Nicholson have done great work in many movies so I couldn't pick just one.

Meryl Streep in Silkwood
Leonardo DiCaprio in The Departed
Kate Winslet in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Gabourey Sidibe in Precious
Tom Hanks in Philadelphia
James Stewart in Rear Window
Frances McDormand in Fargo
Susan Hayward in I Want To Live
Haley Joel Osment in The Sixth Sense
Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive

I think Tom Hanks is brilliant in anything he does.

Most recently I was blown away by Steve Carell and the young man who played his son in Beautiful Boy (too lazy to google his name but my daughters think he’s gorgeous). That movie was incredible and it gave me a new perspective about drug addiction. It’s so moving to see what the parents and the kids go through, and how much we love our kids. I thought the acting was superb.

I think Tom Hanks is brilliant in anything he does.

Most recently I was blown away by Steve Carell and the young man who played his son in Beautiful Boy (too lazy to google his name but my daughters think he’s gorgeous). That movie was incredible and it gave me a new perspective about drug addiction. It’s so moving to see what the parents and the kids go through, and how much we love our kids. I thought the acting was superb.
Timothee Chalamet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter