Favorite acting performances in a movie?

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
Since the Oscars just happened....I didn't watch, but I feel in the mood to discuss great acting roles.

What are some of your favorites?

(Although it's obvious) Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight

John Noble as Denethor in The Lord of the Rings movies (he was in both 2 and 3 in the extended editions)

Josh Brolin as the young Agent K in MIB 3 - it's always a challenge playing a younger version with a different actor, and he nails the Tommy Lee Jones impersonation perfectly. (imagine, a younger actor who looks, sounds and acts like the older version....if only that was done with the SOLO movie :rolleyes:)

Bradley Cooper in American Sniper. He should have won the Oscar!!

Second would be Al Pacino in Scent of a Woman.

I’ve always said that Sandra Bullock’s Oscar should be taken away from her and given to the woman who played Michael Oher’s mother. Nothing against Sandy at all, but c’mon, let’s right that wrong.

Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting
Denzel Washington in, well anything but my favorite movie of his is Fallen.
Gene Hackman in Unforgiven
Tom Hanks in Forest Gump and Apollo 13

Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone.

matthew mcconaughey in A Time To Kill. (Don’t like all of his movies but he was great in this one).

Robin Williams in Good Will Hunting and in Dead Poet’s Society.

Al Pacino in about anything but one that I really loved was his character in Scarecrow.

Recently, Sam Rockwell in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. Well deserved Oscar win.

Pretty much Sam Rockwell in anything! He is just so good. I feel the same way about Gary Oldman.

I'm going way back here but Dwight Frye in the 1931 Dracula as Renfield. My dd and I were talking about this not too long ago and we just loved his portrayal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter