FastPass restrictions for split stays

Maybe there is a difference if you’re doing a split stay at the same resort versus switching resorts. I don’t know. I’m just throwing things out here.

I have a split stay--3 nights at Pop on cash, followed by a 4 night stay at the BWV using points. My FP window opened yesterday, and I needed to book 8 days of fast passes. All eight days of my trip showed up as being eligible to book fast passes. I started booking days in the second half of my stay first to get some of the high demand attractions. When I tried to book the 8th day (which wound up being day 7 of my trip) I got the message that I had reached my allotment of fast passes and could not book any more. I played around a bit and tried to see if I booked up the later days first, could I book a day earlier in the trip. No matter what I tried, I could only book 7 days of fast passes. I didn't bother calling Disney about this because I'm not overly concerned about the 8th day. I'm assuming I will be able to book that 8th day of FP's when the 60 day window opens for the second reservation.

I have a split stay--3 nights at Pop on cash, followed by a 4 night stay at the BWV using points. My FP window opened yesterday, and I needed to book 8 days of fast passes. All eight days of my trip showed up as being eligible to book fast passes. I started booking days in the second half of my stay first to get some of the high demand attractions. When I tried to book the 8th day (which wound up being day 7 of my trip) I got the message that I had reached my allotment of fast passes and could not book any more. I played around a bit and tried to see if I booked up the later days first, could I book a day earlier in the trip. No matter what I tried, I could only book 7 days of fast passes. I didn't bother calling Disney about this because I'm not overly concerned about the 8th day. I'm assuming I will be able to book that 8th day of FP's when the 60 day window opens for the second reservation.

I think you can only book 7 days of FP’s regardless of length of stay. I could be incorrect, but I thought that was always the rule. You might be able to book day 8 tomorrow.

I think you can only book 7 days of FP’s regardless of length of stay. I could be incorrect, but I thought that was always the rule. You might be able to book day 8 tomorrow.
It’s supposed to be up to length of stay or up to 14 days max. Without a resort reservation it is 7 days for an AP or length of ticket.

It’s supposed to be up to length of stay or up to 14 days max. Without a resort reservation it is 7 days for an AP or length of ticket.

Thanks. I have learned from this thread as well as many others that I am a complete novice when it comes to booking FP's. :crazy2:

I have a split stay...When I tried to book the 8th day (which wound up being day 7 of my trip) I got the message that I had reached my allotment of fast passes and could not book any more...
Curious...do you have an AP or an 8 day ticket?

If you have a resort reservation, you can book your full stay up to 14 days, as another poster said. I have booked 8-10 days worth of fast passes many times since FP+ came out.

I actually did check today out of curiosity, and I still can not book that 8th day of fast passes. I'm guessing that I will be able to book them on Monday (which is the 60 days window for the second reservation). If I can't book them on Monday, I will be calling DVC or Disney about it.

Curious...do you have an AP or an 8 day ticket?

I have an annual pass (or actually, an AP voucher).

I have a split stay--3 nights at Pop on cash, followed by a 4 night stay at the BWV using points. My FP window opened yesterday, and I needed to book 8 days of fast passes. All eight days of my trip showed up as being eligible to book fast passes. I started booking days in the second half of my stay first to get some of the high demand attractions. When I tried to book the 8th day (which wound up being day 7 of my trip) I got the message that I had reached my allotment of fast passes and could not book any more...
Any update? Did your 8th day appear...or did you call?

Any update? Did your 8th day appear...or did you call?

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot I had to go in today and book more Fast Passes, but yes, I was able to book my 8th day.

So at least for my split stay, on the day the 60 day window for my first reservation, I could book up to 7 days worth of fast passes across the dates I had a room for, and could book the last day I needed when the second window opened.

I used chat twice and got 2 different answers. I've seen others post as well and it's been both answers. There have been reports of people actually trying to make FP's for the split stay and not being able to for the full stay at 60. Whatever the final answer ends up being, right now it's a gong show. Thankfully we don't do split stays other than adding nights for early arrival which are last minute additions and this doesn't come into play.

That's what it looked like to me-two different answers when I read post #72, then #73. I have a split stay in September, 4 nights at the Polynesian Villas, then 4 at BCV, both booked thru MS. I didn't even think about any new FP+ rules when I booked them, it's just that I've done several split stays and wanted to do another. Hope this mess gets straightened out before my window opens.

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot I had to go in today and book more Fast Passes, but yes, I was able to book my 8th day.

So at least for my split stay, on the day the 60 day window for my first reservation, I could book up to 7 days worth of fast passes across the dates I had a room for, and could book the last day I needed when the second window opened.

It seems to me a sort of bug related to the fact you have an AP. Without an onsite stay, with an AP one can only book 7 days worth of FPs within the next 30 days. It seems someone messed up with the code, allowing to book across the split stay but the 7 days limit still applied. What you experienced doesn't make any sense under either old or new rules. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

That's what it looked like to me-two different answers when I read post #72, then #73. I have a split stay in September, 4 nights at the Polynesian Villas, then 4 at BCV, both booked thru MS. I didn't even think about any new FP+ rules when I booked them, it's just that I've done several split stays and wanted to do another. Hope this mess gets straightened out before my window opens.
We also do split stays often, we enjoy two different resorts. You lucked out on BCV, so hard for September, F & W, almost impossible if you are not a BCV owner, good for you!:thumbsup2 Really enjoy BCV and Poly, two great resorts, Tokeleau is my favorite, so convenient to TTC. We were accustomed also to be able to make FP in MDE seamlessly. Not the case with ADR's, that always required a phone call to MS and they would "bridge" the reservation. Guess we will hear from others in the coming days. :goodvibes

This has just became much more important for me. I'll be at BWV from 9/8 to 9/12, but that is the end of a multi split stay, starting on 8/31. And they just announced Galaxy Edge will be open during my stay. Hopefully everything will be fixed bh then so I'll be able to book my FP+ for the DHS 70 days in advance.

This has just became much more important for me. I'll be at BWV from 9/8 to 9/12, but that is the end of a multi split stay, starting on 8/31. And they just announced Galaxy Edge will be open during my stay. Hopefully everything will be fixed bh then so I'll be able to book my FP+ for the DHS 70 days in advance.
Well initially there won't be any FP for SW:GE. Guessing they are doing it partly because of reaching capacity in the land consistently and much easier to deny entry to all once reached then to figure out who actually has a FP (like they had to with Avatar).

Well initially there won't be any FP for SW:GE. Guessing they are doing it partly because of reaching capacity in the land consistently and much easier to deny entry to all once reached then to figure out who actually has a FP (like they had to with Avatar).

Yes just read it as well. Mmmm maybe I might just skip it entierly, I don't know if I'm motivated enough to queue 2 hours before park opening for it.

Yes just read it as well. Mmmm maybe I might just skip it entierly, I don't know if I'm motivated enough to queue 2 hours before park opening for it.
I was thinking that too. Even with EMH what time will people start lining up. I'd think maybe more than 2 hours before open. And when will the off-site guests line up? Maybe they will sell EMM or DAH but not likely for a couple months I'm guessing.

I was thinking that too. Even with EMH what time will people start lining up. I'd think maybe more than 2 hours before open. And when will the off-site guests line up? Maybe they will sell EMM or DAH but not likely for a couple months I'm guessing.

I think they will do EMH every day. Hotel guests will be able to queue for it 2+ hours outside the park, off site guests will have to wait official opening time and will enter the park with the attraction already at 5 hours.
It'll be bonkers.

I think they will do EMH every day. Hotel guests will be able to queue for it 2+ hours outside the park, off site guests will have to wait official opening time and will enter the park with the attraction already at 5 hours.
It'll be bonkers.
I'll probably show up an hour before park open during my November trip. If the wait is only 2-3 hours at that point I'll probably do it since without FP or paid events (unless they offer them) it's likely to be the best opportunity. An hour before park open on a non-EMH day for FOP got me first ride on FOP after it being open for a couple months. So I'm hopping that 2-3 hours is doable.

I'll probably show up an hour before park open during my November trip. If the wait is only 2-3 hours at that point I'll probably do it since without FP or paid events (unless they offer them) it's likely to be the best opportunity. An hour before park open on a non-EMH day for FOP got me first ride on FOP after it being open for a couple months. So I'm hopping that 2-3 hours is doable.

I’m not that dedicated to stand in line that long. I will see it all eventually. :) I will be there in January, so hopefully it will have died down some. If not, I will catch it the next time I go after that.

Exciting news about the opening. I won't be standing in long that long; will wait. Will the 3 other parks crowds on August 29th, opening day be very light:confused:, lol!?:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter