FastPass restrictions for split stays

What if some members of the group have a split stay and others do not. This is our current situation for Thanksgiving. Some members of our party have all their nights together but two people are doing a split stay. All reservations are DVC reservations on points. Everyone is linked in MDE. Would the group with the single stay be able to book FPs for those with the split stay for the entire trip?

We may be in that situation exactly. Our DS and family in studio at BLT. Us and DD family in 2 bedroom at SSR. Didn't have enough BLT points, but hoping at move at least a few days to BLT at 7 months. I didn't even think of that as a issue.

If DVC has an exemption when it comes to ADRs I would be guessing the same for split stay FPs. Seems like IT doesn’t have it all together yet but when the smoke clears I say DVC will be exempt from the split stay rule. Doesn’t ADR exemption set precedent in matters like this? Not legally speaking just a similar situation.

Last edited:
If you cancel your the first half of your DVC split stay between 60 and 30 days out your FPs (should) go away.

Im asking because i dont know....where would i find this piece of information? This is news to me. Is any of this dependent on room only or package?

Thanks

Last edited:
Isn't it ironic that this board had a sticky thread for years on how to use disposable rooms to take advantage of the FP booking window?

And now, as is usually the case with these types of crackdowns, people who legitimately book split stays will probably be more negatively impacted than the people who were actually breaking the rules to skirt the FP booking windows.
For real? I thought it was supposed to be a big no-no on this forum to discuss how to circumvent Disney rules. Hmmmm.

For real? I thought it was supposed to be a big no-no on this forum to discuss how to circumvent Disney rules. Hmmmm.
Yep apparently the mods on that part of the site say it is okay because as long as your FastPass isn't cancelled by doing something then it is implied to be allowed by Disney. I've expressed numerous times that isn't true (find a loophole is finding a flaw in the rules/system and abusing it); also many of the things they have discussed before Disney has started closing those loopholes. It is clear you get FastPasses at 60 days out from Check In for the length of stay when you stay on property. They have methods and strategies they go over how to circumvent those rules. One of which is now explicitly not allowed by Disney but up until last week was allowed on DIS. It was directly against the FastPass policy in my view.

Last edited:
At the moment we have no idea what the Disney rules are. More to the point we are desperately trying to find out and Disney isn’t telling. So those of us locked into split DVC stays laud those who are testing the new system to find out what is allowed, what is a loophole, and what is forbidden.

Just out of curiosity, if your rent points with a split DVC stay would thst be treated any differently than a regular member in regards to fastpasses?

Just out of curiosity, if your rent points with a split DVC stay would thst be treated any differently than a regular member in regards to fastpasses?
In regards to FPs...no.

However, renters do not qualify for any DVC member benefits such as dining and merchandise discounts. You can’t enter the member lounge in Epcot and you cannot visit the TOTWL.

MDE has no way of discerning whether your reservation was made by the member because you are a family member or a friend or a renter. It sees a DVC reservation made with points, which it can see because DVC reservation codes are different from CRO codes.

Indeed. I've seen people get dinged by mods here for lesser things, but for some reason that sticky post about using throwaway reservations was allowed to persist for a number of years. It was very clearly about circumventing the 60/30 day fastpass windows.

In regards to FPs...no.

However, renters do not qualify for any DVC member benefits such as dining and merchandise discounts. You can’t enter the member lounge in Epcot and you cannot visit the TOTWL.

MDE has no way of discerning whether your reservation was made by the member because you are a family member or a friend or a renter. It sees a DVC reservation made with points, which it can see because DVC reservation codes are different from CRO codes.
Thank you, that all makes sense!

Does anyone have a link to the new fp+ restrictions? Tried searching online but I didn’t find anything.

TIA

Does anyone have a link to the new fp+ restrictions? Tried searching online but I didn’t find anything.

TIA
Essentially the rules are very simply (just many flaws/loopholes that weren’t technically allowed were closed and some not). You can make fastpass reservations 30 days out for a particular calendar day at 7 am. However if you are staying at a Disney Resort Hotel, you can make reservations 60 days out for the length of that reservations stay.

Disney is clearer, now a follow up email, when you cancel a room reservation that they will cancel Fastpasses made because that reservation opened the window up you used. But seems the mods on DIS will say not to worry because if they don’t cancel Disney actually allows the loopholes; however, in the past Disney started to ban individuals from Fastpass because of flaws that still exist.

As for DVC split stays people have experienced different things so we need more time for responses of what will be allowed. As of right now I’ve been told every time I call MS we will be treated as a single continuous stay.

For what it’s worth I have a triple split DVC stay, renting points. It was treated as three separate booking windows, in case anyone is curious how this works with renting points.

Of course we don’t really know how it’s supposed to work yet because right now the FP system is so screwy some people have been able to book FP at 70 plus days out.

For what it’s worth I have a triple split DVC stay, renting points. It was treated as three separate booking windows, in case anyone is curious how this works with renting points.

Of course we don’t really know how it’s supposed to work yet because right now the FP system is so screwy some people have been able to book FP at 70 plus days out.

Nothing is surprising me these days. I messaged DVC member services and spoke with 2 different people. I asked specifically about renting points and split stays...and I was told policy was you can book across both stays. This was 2 nights ago.

Anyone who is having trouble booking across a split stay should call. I just wrote to member services for a third time...each time I’m told as long as your reservations are linked you can make fastpasses across a split stay.

Attachments

• 62B22473-B3B7-4242-822A-21091BF039F6.png
    62B22473-B3B7-4242-822A-21091BF039F6.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 20
I used chat twice and got 2 different answers. I've seen others post as well and it's been both answers. There have been reports of people actually trying to make FP's for the split stay and not being able to for the full stay at 60. Whatever the final answer ends up being, right now it's a gong show. Thankfully we don't do split stays other than adding nights for early arrival which are last minute additions and this doesn't come into play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter