FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have 3 fast passes, attend two of them, can I cancel the third and get another fast pass at a kiosk?

Lots apparently changing regarding day-of FPs in the coming days, greater flexibility is expected. Currently, you can simply modify any unused FPs using MDX and without going to a kiosk.

Okay, I have been reading this thread on and off for two years,( it has helped me immensely in planning our trip this year and last,) but I think unfortunately, I just realized I have misunderstood something, which just came as a news flash to my little pea brain: We are staying on site this year. Checking in 9/3/16, but no park days til 9/4; we have 3-day park hopper. I kept thinking "the 60-day mark" will be 60 days from our first intended park day, but that is not correct, is it. Meaning, even though we are not going to the parks on 9/3, the day we check in, 60 days before 9/3 (which unfortunately we will be away without high speed internet access) is the 4th of July (actually midnite July 5) Oh, no! Am I correct; we can actually book our FP+s for all our park days 9/4-9/6 60 days before CHECK IN? Ugh. Even though we won't be using our tickets on 9/3?

Okay, I have been reading this thread on and off for two years,( it has helped me immensely in planning our trip this year and last,) but I think unfortunately, I just realized I have misunderstood something, which just came as a news flash to my little pea brain: We are staying on site this year. Checking in 9/3/16, but no park days til 9/4; we have 3-day park hopper. I kept thinking "the 60-day mark" will be 60 days from our first intended park day, but that is not correct, is it. Meaning, even though we are not going to the parks on 9/3, the day we check in, 60 days before 9/3 (which unfortunately we will be away without high speed internet access) is the 4th of July (actually midnite July 5) Oh, no! Am I correct; we can actually book our FP+s for all our park days 9/4-9/6 60 days before CHECK IN? Ugh. Even though we won't be using our tickets on 9/3?
It's 60 days prior to your check in date. If you were offsite, it would be 30 out from each park day.

Ugh, geez; thank you. Glad I realized it, but not sure how I will be booking 3 days worth of FP+s midnite with no high speed internet.. What a mess. At least I realized it sooner than later.

We are traveling to FL for a soccer tournament in July. I have not booked rooms yet, but have a unique offer code that I am considering using for our on site stay.

We arrive early and want to spend two days off site. Exactly 10 days from arrival (after the tournament and Universal) our on site stay would start. When do we get to book FPs for the off site stay?

We are traveling to FL for a soccer tournament in July. I have not booked rooms yet, but have a unique offer code that I am considering using for our on site stay.

We arrive early and want to spend two days off site. Exactly 10 days from arrival (after the tournament and Universal) our on site stay would start. When do we get to book FPs for the off site stay?

30 days in advance. And you would need to book each day separately, one at a time.

ETA: as I think about this more, when your on site window opens at 60 days, he will likely be able to book the two offsite days as well. I'm pretty sure the entire calendar (for the next 60 days) becomes active at that point, not just the dates of your on-site stay.

Last edited:

Please read the Split Stay section of mesa's first post.

When your 60-day booking window opens, that includes your offsite park days IF your tickets are separately linked to MDE - not a package.

If you purchase a package, you won't be able to book for your offsite days until you activate your ticket portion of your package when you arrive at a park.

Please read the Split Stay section of mesa's first post.

When your 60-day booking window opens, that includes your offsite park days IF your tickets are separately linked to MDE - not a package.

If you purchase a package, you won't be able to book for your offsite days until you activate your ticket portion of your package when you arrive at a park.
Ah, got it! Thank you so much! I read the post, more than once, but your validation makes it that much clearer to me!

IF I want to use FP+ and book the FPs prior to getting there during my first stay, I will need to purchase my package and stay onsite for those two days. (We will need FPs because those two days are the two days leading up to the Fourth of July.) Then I could use Orbitz or the like to purchase the on site hotel stay after the soccer tournament, link my reservation to MDE and still get the FPs for the second stay at 60 days out, right?

We are DLR regulars and sorta newbies to WDW (first stay last summer) and this trip was unexpected, so trying to get knowledgeable about all things WDW again. It's a lot to digest! I appreciate this board so much!!

IF I want to use FP+ and book the FPs prior to getting there during my first stay, I will need to purchase my package and stay onsite for those two days. (We will need FPs because those two days are the two days leading up to the Fourth of July.) Then I could use Orbitz or the like to purchase the on site hotel stay after the soccer tournament, link my reservation to MDE and still get the FPs for the second stay at 60 days out, right?
If you don't need the extras that come with a package, you can purchase your tickets separately through Undercover Tourist, AAA, etc. and link them to your MDE.

Book offsite for your first 2 days and then onsite for your 2nd stay. You'll then be able to book for all park days when you are 60 days out from check-in of Stay #2.

If you don't need the extras that come with a package, you can purchase your tickets separately through Undercover Tourist, AAA, etc. and link them to your MDE.

Book offsite for your first 2 days and then onsite for your 2nd stay. You'll then be able to book for all park days when you are 60 days out from check-in of Stay #2.
Debating how necessary park hoppers are because that's why we would use the unique offer code. It comes with free park hoppers. I will need a chunk of time to break down the prices for each option now that I have a grasp of how it affects booking FP+. Thank you again!

Debating how necessary park hoppers are because that's why we would use the unique offer code. It comes with free park hoppers. I will need a chunk of time to break down the prices for each option now that I have a grasp of how it affects booking FP+. Thank you again!
If you can receive park hoppers with the 1st Stay, that would be well worth it. Then you'll book for all park days 60 days out for Stay #1. Then 60 days out for all park days for Stay #2. If the offer is included with a stay at a Value resort, that would be the least expensive option.

ETA: FP booking for Stay #2.

Last edited:
Ugh, geez; thank you. Glad I realized it, but not sure how I will be booking 3 days worth of FP+s midnite with no high speed internet.. What a mess. At least I realized it sooner than later.

Find a local restaurant - our IHOP is open 24 with WiFi. Some McDonalds as well, altho their WiFi is slow. Try logging in via LTE before you go in, and then switch to WiFi - I try and avoid using my passwords on public WiFi, although I don't know if that helps. I use MDE in the parks using my cellular data often, since the WiFi isn't always optimal

So I had my dates off and we book fast passes Sat at midnight (going into Sunday), and on Sunday is when the new MDE is supposed to be launched. I'm wondering if the site will be down when they roll over the new features, and if it will occur at midnight or sometime Sat during the day. I'm guessing no one has the answers to this but we have a concert to go to on Sat night and I had planned on hurrying home in time for fast pass booking. It will be a bummer if I can't do this right at midnight because the MDE is being upgraded. I'm also not confident my fast passes will even take with an upgrade going on :(

So I had my dates off and we book fast passes Sat at midnight (going into Sunday), and on Sunday is when the new MDE is supposed to be launched. I'm wondering if the site will be down when they roll over the new features, and if it will occur at midnight or sometime Sat during the day. I'm guessing no one has the answers to this but we have a concert to go to on Sat night and I had planned on hurrying home in time for fast pass booking. It will be a bummer if I can't do this right at midnight because the MDE is being upgraded. I'm also not confident my fast passes will even take with an upgrade going on :(
I doubt they will update at that time.

Other posters have reported MDE has been down at times in the past few days. Disney is probably updating and running tests prior to Sunday.

My wife is pregnant so her FP+ time windows are a little off from mine and our 2 DD. There is only one ride that we will all be doing together but her time window runs out just before ours starts (keep trying to change it but not getting good options). Will they still let her ride with us even if her FP expired 20 min before?

My wife is pregnant so her FP+ time windows are a little off from mine and our 2 DD. There is only one ride that we will all be doing together but her time window runs out just before ours starts (keep trying to change it but not getting good options). Will they still let her ride with us even if her FP expired 20 min before?
why couldn't she just tap in during her time, and wait for you before jumping into the line...walk very slowly and others will race around her. I think they allow for a few minutes before and after the TIME of the FP, so if she could go towards the end of her "Post-time grace time" and you could go during the beginning of your Pre-time "grace time" it might be able to work out so she really doesn't have to wait long.

why couldn't she just tap in during her time, and wait for you before jumping into the line...walk very slowly and others will race around her. I think they allow for a few minutes before and after the TIME of the FP, so if she could go towards the end of her "Post-time grace time" and you could go during the beginning of your Pre-time "grace time" it might be able to work out so she really doesn't have to wait long.
It's been reported that you can check in 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late, so the 20 minute gap should work out fine, assuming that doesn't change. But I'd also recommend continuing to search for windows that overlap.

So I'm still confused about the new fp and I know some of it is up in the air. Q about these scenarios...

If we book 1 fast pass for morning at one park, can you book 2nd and 3rd at another park via the app?

Or, should you still book 3 for one park, and then cancel or reschedule some for another park.

Example, we are going to AK one morning and only want a FP for Everest. Going to Epcot at night so when can I book a fast pass for Test Track and Spaceship Earth?

Thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter