FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to book for the total number of valid ticket entitlements. The system appears to not be accepting your non-expiry tickets and basing your booking on your AP vouchers.

Are the kids age 7 or over so that you can book their days #8 and #9 without you being grouped with them? You can check to make sure their tickets are valid by only booking for them without you included in the booking.

You'll probably have to call Ticketing to get your FP booking for the non-expiry days straightened out.
Wow - I didn't even give all details, and that seems to be EXACTLY the problem. You are MY hero!

Last edited:
Great news!
I read that and I will repeat my question here... Not expecting a real answer until someone really tests this.
Question regarding tiered attractions and this new Fastpass+ system: Let say that I book only one attraction – tier 1 in advance (ex. Toy Story Mania from 9AM to 10AM). Then, at 10AM on the day, does the new system consider that I used up all my Fastpass+ and I can reserve another Tier 1 attraction (or the same) if there is space?

Great news!
I read that and I will repeat my question here... Not expecting a real answer until someone really tests this.
Question regarding tiered attractions and this new Fastpass+ system: Let say that I book only one attraction – tier 1 in advance (ex. Toy Story Mania from 9AM to 10AM). Then, at 10AM on the day, does the new system consider that I used up all my Fastpass+ and I can reserve another Tier 1 attraction (or the same) if there is space?
Because the new system will allow the pre-booking of only 1, 2, or 3 FPs, if you use your only pre-booked FP at TSMM, you should be able to book via the app as soon as you pass the TSMM FP tapstile - you don't have to wait for your complete window to end.

Last edited:

Because the new system will allow the pre-booking of only 1, 2, or 3 FPs, if you use your only pre-booked FP at TSMM, you should be able to book via the app as soon as you pass the FP TSMM FP tapstile - you don't have to wait for your complete window to end.

A nice change indeed, but that means that the tiered parks aren't really tiered any more as long as you know not to book 3 in advance. It basically returns those parks to a digital version of original FP, which is great! However, since they went to all the bother of making them tiered, I'd be surprised if it remains that way OR I'm overestimating the % of people who strategize that much and it could possibly be a boon for people who really only want tier 1s.

Because the new system will allow the pre-booking of only 1, 2, or 3 FPs, if you use your only pre-booked FP at TSMM, you should be able to book via the app as soon as you pass the TSMM FP tapstile - you don't have to wait for your complete window to end.
Question: what do you think will happen if you pre-book 3 FP, use the first, but then want to change your plans? Do you think you could cx the remaining 2 FP and then book one FP via the app for something else, whether it is in that park or another park?

Thx!

Question: what do you think will happen if you pre-book 3 FP, use the first, but then want to change your plans? Do you think you could cx the remaining 2 FP and then book one FP via the app for something else, whether it is in that park or another park?

Thx!
Don't know why you couldn't. I believe you can now, but have to do it at a kiosk.

Thx!
On another current thread, I researched the Canceling of 1 or 2 FPs and it can only be done via the website. There is no longer a section within the App's Modify section that allows the cancelation of only 1 or 2 FPs.

So, if a person Canceled via the website, it appears it sets you up for the 4th via the app for any park. We really need to have feedback from someone who wants to research on the 10th from within a park.

On another current thread, I researched the Canceling of 1 or 2 FPs and it can only be done via the website. There is no longer a section within the App's Modify section that allows the cancelation of only 1 or 2 FPs.

So, if a person Canceled via the website, it appears it sets you up for the 4th via the app for any park. We really need to have feedback from someone who wants to research on the 10th from within a park.
Thanks for the info! And for all of the research you do :)

I will be following closely- wish I could be there on the 10th!

Thanks for the info! And for all of the research you do :)

I will be following closely- wish I could be there on the 10th!
We need someone who will book 3 FPs, enter the park and use 1 FP. The app may allow canceling of the remaining two but not just one of the remaining two. After the remaining two are canceled either via app or website, then the research person would have to attempt an additional FP from the app.

It will be interesting to see what happens on April 10th. Perhaps we can nominate @mesaboy2 to drive over and test it out! ;)

I read through the thread and maybe I missed this. We have a split stay and are coming up on our 60 days. However we have 6 nights in a resort. We check out and go to visit family for three days and then we come back and check into a different Disney resort for another three nights. How will that work. Will I get to book the 6 night stay at 60s days out from our first arrival day and then wait until we're 60 days out from our 2nd arrival date. Hope this makes sense...

How will that work. Will I get to book the 6 night stay at 60s days out from our first arrival day and then wait until we're 60 days out from our 2nd arrival date. Hope this makes sense...
Yes. Because your stays aren't consecutive, you'll have to wait for your 2nd booking window to open for Stay #2.

@mesaboy2, the info regarding a split stay of a room only followed by a package is incorrect. My booking window opened 60 days out from my room only stay, not my package stay. I was just able to book 10 days of FPs for a package beginning 6/1, with my room only stay starting 5/31.

I have a similar situation as you. We just added a room only night just prior to our package stay due to better cost of flights. So this means our fast pass window will open up 60 days from our room only night? Even with 2 confirmation numbers? If so that would be fantastic!

I would be interested to know if yours works the same, if you happen to remember to report back.

My sister has a room only reservation and checking in on June 3rd. Her package with tickets begins June 4th. We are arriving June 4th with a package reservation. DH & I have annual passes, too, but our son and grandsons just have the package tickets. We are all friends and family. My sister's fp window opened 60 days from her RO date, tonight. I was able to copy her fastpasses for all of us tonight instead of our check in date, even though our son and grandsons' package doesn't activate until tomorrow. So I guess we were all able to use her check in date because we were all connected.

My sister has a room only reservation and checking in on June 3rd. Her package with tickets begins June 4th. We are arriving June 4th with a package reservation. DH & I have annual passes, too, but our son and grandsons just have the package tickets. We are all friends and family. My sister's fp window opened 60 days from her RO date, tonight. I was able to copy her fastpasses for all of us tonight instead of our check in date, even though our son and grandsons' package doesn't activate until tomorrow.
Wow, that's really good info! So, in a way, their packaged tickets were active prior to their package check-in date based on a linked RO MDE. Nice!!

RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the second (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs cannot be booked for park days during the RO stay until the package tickets are activated at Guest Relations.

Just wanted to say this was not the case for me. And it looks like a few people have recently posted the same as well.

I have a room only booked June 4th and then my package with 8 day tickets begins June 5th. So my FP booking window of 60 days before the package stay would be tomorrow, April 6th (tonight at midnight EST). But I was in fact able to book today, April 5th (or really at midnight last night) which is 60 days from my one-night room only stay.

Now I did not book FP for that first day of June 4th because its our arrival day and we're not going to the parks. But I did book June 5th and thereafter.

Hope this helps out future split-stayers!

ETA: MDE FP+ section was actually showing locked yesterday, and that my FP window would open April 6th, but magically at midnight of April 5th, it was unlocked.

Edited again to change dates which I had posted incorrectly at first--sorry!!

Last edited:
Just wanted to say this was not the case for me. And it looks like a few people have recently posted the same as well.

I have a room only booked June 3rd and then my package with 8 day tickets begins June 4th. So my FP booking window of 60 days before the package stay would be tomorrow, April 6th (tonight at midnight EST). But I was in fact able to book today, April 5th (or really at midnight last night) which is 60 days from my one-night room only stay.

Now I did not book FP for that first day of June 4th because its our arrival day and we're not going to the parks. But I did book June 5th and thereafter.

ETA: MDE FP+ section was actually showing locked yesterday, and that my FP window would open April 6th, but magically at midnight of April 5th, it was unlocked.

I used a couple of different Disney calculators and I'm pretty sure with a check-in of June 4, your 60 day window is today April 5th.

http://www.pscalculator.net/pscalc.php
http://wdwuntangled.com/fastpass-calculator/

I have a room only booked June 3rd and then my package with 8 day tickets begins June 4th. So my FP booking window of 60 days before the package stay would be tomorrow, April 6th (tonight at midnight EST). But I was in fact able to book today, April 5th (or really at midnight last night) which is 60 days from my one-night room only stay.

April 5th is 60 days before June 4th. (25 more days in April + 31 days in May + 4 in June.) If MDE was telling you that April 6th was your 60 day mark, it was wrong.

Erin, was your June 3rd and your June 4th arrival date open to actually book FPs on that date(s).

Disney must be tweaking the onsite booking Windows and in the past tests, the package tickets did get activated early. So, was wondering if you could have booked on the 4th, a day prior to your package arrival.

I used a couple of different Disney calculators and I'm pretty sure with a check-in of June 4, your 60 day window is today April 5th.

I had the wrong dates, I've edited my post. It's my package that begins June 5th, room only is booked for June 4th.

April 5th is 60 days before June 4th. (25 more days in April + 31 days in May + 4 in June.) If MDE was telling you that April 6th was your 60 day mark, it was wrong.

Yes, but June 4th stay is room only, package with tickets attached is June 5th.

Erin, was your June 4 arrival date open to actually book FPs on that date.

Disney must be tweaking the onsite booking Windows and in the past tests, the package tickets did get activated early. So, was wondering if you could have booked on the 4th, a day prior to your package arrival.

I don't know if I could have booked for the 4th or not, since that wasn't part of my plan to begin with, I didn't try. I should have thought to check, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter