FastPass+ Basic Info, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities--Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, my original list did not include the Electrical Parade, but it does show up now (maybe it was there previously but I missed it, but either way I didn't add it to my initial list that was posted here).

FYI, I wouldn't necessarily put Wishes! and Electrical Parade as "Chump" choices. There is a hidden, un-advertised 'bonus' of choosing 2 non-Ride FP+ choices...

FYI, my original list did not include the Electrical Parade, but it does show up now (maybe it was there previously but I missed it, but either way I didn't add it to my initial list that was posted here).

FYI, I wouldn't necessarily put Wishes! and Electrical Parade as "Chump" choices. There is a hidden, un-advertised 'bonus' of choosing 2 non-Ride FP+ choices...

You are enjoying this aren't you! :rotfl:

You know more cheat codes!

I infer that this is how you get the 4th FP, but I don't think the ranking system should factor in weird little Easter egg cheat codes that could come and go. If enough of these pop up over time though and they are consistent and predictable, I could add a section or note that mentions them. :goodvibes

Based on another couple of posts, I added CADCT to the list for now--I had already done so with MSEP.

I would agree that Pooh should be an 'A'. That line is pretty long most of the time and there is no way I'd sit in it! We either need to hit just right (rare) or have a FP. FP is all about wait and minimizing it. Now, with a limit of only 3 or 4, I probably wouldn't pick it, but I do think it needs to be moved up a category. The only other one I'm questioning might be Buzz. Of course, probably not worth pre-scheduling with such big limitations, but there are many times that line is horribly long. Maybe a B+...?

Great list otherwise!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I would agree that Pooh should be an 'A'. That line is pretty long most of the time and there is no way I'd sit in it! We either need to hit just right (rare) or have a FP. FP is all about wait and minimizing it. Now, with a limit of only 3 or 4, I probably wouldn't pick it, but I do think it needs to be moved up a limit. The only other one I'm questioning might be Buzz. Of course, probably not worth pre-scheduling with such big limitations, but there are many times that line is horribly long. Maybe a B+...?

Great list otherwise!!

I struggled with Pooh briefly (that sounds bad ;)), but I thought back to all my answers over the years about what to do first in MK, and it always pretty much is the Mountains and Pan, with ETWB a new addition. I agree Pooh is the highest B (and I'd rank JC second) but it just isn't quite in the same company as the As in my mind. Buzz is an omnimover with a steadily-moving line and a solid B in that regard. There's probably some value in adding additional ranks like B+, but I want to keep the list simple.

Thanks for the input though! :goodvibes

I struggled with Pooh briefly (that sounds bad ;)), but I thought back to all my answers over the years about what to do first in MK, and it always pretty much is the Mountains and Pan, with ETWB a new addition. I agree Pooh is the highest B (and I'd rank JC second) but it just isn't quite in the same company as the As in my mind. Buzz is an omnimover with a steadily-moving line and a solid B in that regard. There's probably some value in adding additional ranks like B+, but I want to keep the list simple.

I think that makes a lot of sense. My daughter is 12 now and we haven't done Pooh in several trips. We do PP every time. So I think some people age out of the Pooh ride, but nobody seems to age out of PP.

Ah, but that's just it! Those doing Pooh probably aren't running for the mountains. Many of those people have littler kids and are doing Pan, Pooh, Dumbo, etc. for people like me with a large family and age differences, we go to Pan, hit Splash & BTMRR, then grab a FP for Pooh and go check into SM/Buzz. Pooh rivals Pan in lines quite frequently. This isn't about headliners, but lines. Or so I thought...

Ah, but that's just it! Those doing Pooh probably aren't running for the mountains. Many of those people have littler kids and are doing Pan, Pooh, Dumbo, etc. for people like me with a large family and age differences, we go to Pan, hit Splash & BTMRR, then grab a FP for Pooh and go check into SM/Buzz. Pooh rivals Pan in lines quite frequently. This isn't about headliners, but lines. Or so I thought...

There is definitely a distinction in the MK priority list between families with young children (Pooh, PP, ETwB, Dumbo top their list) and families with older kids or without kids (the Mountains top their list).

Then they will quickly be considering B attractions. This list is not perfect, it's based on my opinion. And you make good points that I respect. This may be blasphemy, but I don't consider Pan a headliner either. Anyone who refers to this list and cares enough will see early on from the ensuing discussion that Pooh is a high B (in my opinion) and will hopefully take that into consideration. That still achieves the goal while not complicating the list. ;)

I infer that this is how you get the 4th FP, but I don't think the ranking system should factor in weird little Easter egg cheat codes that could come and go. If enough of these pop up over time though and they are consistent and predictable, I could add a section or note that mentions them. :goodvibes

Based on another couple of posts, I added CADCT to the list for now--I had already done so with MSEP.

I don't think that's the ONLY way to get it to pop up, but I was able to consistantly repeat the process and have the 4th FP+ pop up by choosing Wishes and Electrical Parade.

I don't think that's the ONLY way to get it to pop up, but I was able to consistantly repeat the process and have the 4th FP+ pop up by choosing Wishes and Electrical Parade.

Cool, I'll note that and see what patterns develop over time. There's certainly a potential to add this type of info to the OP, but I'm sure you'll agree that too much is in flux right now. I've pretty much bowed out of all the FP+ test/implementation threads because of that.

Cool, I'll note that and see what patterns develop over time. There's certainly a potential to add this type of info to the OP, but I'm sure you'll agree that too much is in flux right now. I've pretty much bowed out of all the FP+ test/implementation threads because of that.

Oh, absolutely. Things seem to be changing daily, and I'm sure that will be the case for a while.

Oh, absolutely. Things seem to be changing daily, and I'm sure that will be the case for a while.

It's frustrating for many, including myself. I'm there in about six weeks, but don't apparently qualify for it. No biggie, but I'll be curious to see how this stuff will impact my park days.

Great list, thanks a lot! :thumbsup2

I have a couple of questions:

Are you sure that Living with the Land is a C? (while Crush is a B) I have seen quite long lines there... but I have never stood in one, so it's possibl ethey move quite fast.

And, I don't think Beauty and the Beast in DHS is a C: it has happened to me twice (in May 2012 and 2013) to be turned away because the theatre was full.:(

Great list, thanks a lot! :thumbsup2

I have a couple of questions:

Are you sure that Living with the Land is a C? (while Crush is a B) I have seen quite long lines there... but I have never stood in one, so it's possibl ethey move quite fast.

And, I don't think Beauty and the Beast in DHS is a C: it has happened to me twice (in May 2012 and 2013) to be turned away because the theatre was full.:(

I thought about making LWtL a B, but I think the wait is no more than 15-20 minutes the vast majority of the time. That pushed it to a C in my opinion. Still one of my favorites at Epcot though.

Same kind of logic for BatB. It is pretty rare for the theater to be full if you show up 15-20 minutes before. Also a good show my family enjoys.

Bottom line, I think if the FP is going to save you only that much time most days of the year, then it's a chump. Not the attraction itself mind you, just the FP for it.

Based on what we know so far on FP+, can I pick 3 of the "A" attractions for my MK day, or does FP+ force me to pick "lesser" attractions?

Based on what we know so far on FP+, can I pick 3 of the "A" attractions for my MK day, or does FP+ force me to pick "lesser" attractions?

You can pick whatever you want. But not more than one of the same ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter