fast pass line and the GAP

But when a guest has a GAC that gives the GAC user alternative entrance access, at FP rides/attractions, isn't the alternative entrance usually the FP entrance??

Suzy V.

riu girl said:
But when a guest has a GAC that gives the GAC user alternative entrance access, at FP rides/attractions, isn't the alternative entrance usually the FP entrance??
Sometimes the alternative entrance could be everyone else's exit i.e. "up the down staircase, er, ramp". It's A Small World works this way.

riu girl said:

Suzy V.

Yes, but if there are still fp available, they might advise you to get one and come back later. Happened to us a few times. We got the hint, and grabbed fp on our own for all rides that offered them.

SueM in MN said:
Just go to Guest Services in any of the parks and talk to the CM there about your sons problems and needs. The diagnosis is not really that important because people with the same diagnosis can have very different needs. The GAC is not given based on diagnosis at all (for example, there is not a "list" of appropriate diagnosis for a GAC); the GAC is given based on needs.
Afew other things
- think of the GAC like an insurance card, not necessarily needed or used all the time, but there for when you need it.
- even on the same attraction, the GAC is not handled the same each time. Exactly what happens depends on how busy it is, how many other people with special needs are there at the time and staffing.
- if you/your child needs a lot of consistency in what will happen, getting Fastpasses will give the most consistency. You don't have to be present to get a fastpass, you can send one member of your party ahead with all the park passes to get fastpasses. When you report back to the ride at your fastpass return time, your wait will be 15 minutes or less.

This is the most awesome explanation of a GAC I have ever heard!!!!! AMEN AMEN AMEN is all I have to say.
You need to work in guest relations at one of the parks you have a good sense of how things work ;) You explain it better then some cast members do!!!!!
JenJen

JenJen said:
This is the most awesome explanation of a GAC I have ever heard!!!!! AMEN AMEN AMEN is all I have to say.
You need to work in guest relations at one of the parks you have a good sense of how things work ;) You explain it better then some cast members do!!!!!
JenJen
Thank you!
We've been around a long time, so that helps in understanding. I think I'll keep this explanation for when I (finally, and I hope soon) get to making a GAC FAQs thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter