Fast & Furious ride vs Getting slapped in the face

Would you rather ride Fast & Furious or get slapped by a large topless Russian man?

• Fast & Furious

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Give me that palm!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Is this a serious question, slap obviously

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't stand Fallon so much that I didn't even ride it on my last trip - it would have been new to me. I just don't care. Now, if the cards had played out differently and it had become a Conan O'Brien ride, I'd be all over it!
You missed absolutely nothing, so don't worry about it. The queue is kind of neat since it has real props from the history of the Tonight Show but you can just walk in, view them and then leave.

The preshow is funny, depending on the team member doing it (at least, it's funny once), it's downhill after that. Where were the focus groups when they were in the planning stages on this thing?

That said, I really like Kong. It has a lot of cool props, sets a distinct tone, it's well done, & you can follow the storyline even if you haven't seen the movie.

The storyline for F&F just leaves so much to be desired. It's a tossup whether I prefer this or Fallon.

Well now I'm curious about this ride, LOL. Never been on it, but I am going to try it next month. Can it be as bad as people say???

Well now I'm curious about this ride, LOL. Never been on it, but I am going to try it next month. Can it be as bad as people say???

The premise is you board a party bus which is basically just an open air tram / safari vehicle. Then, you ride around with screens on all sides of you while a cheesy movie plays. Nothing about it screams fast cars or adventure. I think that's a big part of the let down. People go into this expecting street racing. Something similar to the end of Test Track or the old Disney car stunt show, but they don't get anything like that at all. What's worse is the queue is great, and it sets you up to expect something fast and furious, so when you get on the ride and find slow and corny instead, it's even more of a let down.

Kong isn't much better as far as the thrills go, but it makes sense, so it works. You are on a safari vehicle going through the jungle when of course things go wrong, and you have to be rescued. It's still a safari ride, but there are some real sets and animatronics, the story makes sense and is exciting and fun, and it has a great ending. With Kong you know what to expect, and you get what you are expecting, so there's no let down.

The premise is you board a party bus which is basically just an open air tram / safari vehicle. Then, you ride around with screens on all sides of you while a cheesy movie plays. Nothing about it screams fast cars or adventure. I think that's a big part of the let down. People go into this expecting street racing. Something similar to the end of Test Track or the old Disney car stunt show, but they don't get anything like that at all. What's worse is the queue is great, and it sets you up to expect something fast and furious, so when you get on the ride and find slow and corny instead, it's even more of a let down.

Kong isn't much better as far as the thrills go, but it makes sense, so it works. You are on a safari vehicle going through the jungle when of course things go wrong, and you have to be rescued. It's still a safari ride, but there are some real sets and animatronics, the story makes sense and is exciting and fun, and it has a great ending. With Kong you know what to expect, and you get what you are expecting, so there's no let down.
Thanks for explaining that. I think I will pass on it after all. I only have a few days at Universal and it sounds like a waste of time to me.

Thanks for explaining that. I think I will pass on it after all. I only have a few days at Universal and it sounds like a waste of time to me.
It really is.

I was just talking to a friend this week who went to Universal this summer for only one day. She was telling me about the trip and how it went when she mentioned how awful this was and how she hated that they wasted time on it when they could have been enjoying something better. She was like, "Party bus!, Really!!!"

All joking aside, the ride is poor but as long as your expectations are extremely low it could still be almost enjoyable. I would recommend skipping but as long as you don't end up spending more than a couple minutes in line it's not a big deal.

If anyone in the group are big fans of Fast and the Furious, you might try the behind the scenes garage tour instead. It's one of the secret free tours Universal offers, and since the queue is the best part of the ride anyway, that would probably be a better use of your time. There's just no guarantee the tour will be available. All secret tours for all attractions are hit or miss depending on availability at the time you ask.

You won't miss a thing. We rode it in 2019 and really felt like it was a waste of time. Last year DD and I decided to do a challenge by hitting up all the attractions in each park and also giving those rides we didn't like (this one and Simpsons mainly) a second try.

Yeah, we hated it still lol.

If you had limited time, this one I'd definitely skip out of probably everything in the park.

Yes

Especially for a major theme park.

At least in the heat of summer seeing the cars at the entrance is a great way to get some air conditioning.

It is definitely the ride you can skip if you are limited for time. It’s ok to do once. And it is something almost anyone of any age can ride so it does have that going for it. Especially if you have any “gear heads” in the group that will enjoy the cars.

You won't miss a thing. We rode it in 2019 and really felt like it was a waste of time. Last year DD and I decided to do a challenge by hitting up all the attractions in each park and also giving those rides we didn't like (this one and Simpsons mainly) a second try.

Yeah, we hated it still lol.

If you had limited time, this one I'd definitely skip out of probably everything in the park.
What about the Simpsons ride?

This ride is pretty underwhelming. Like Kong, this was repurposed from a segment ont he Backlot Tour at Universal Hollywood. As part of the tour, it's fine, but it is basically just a tram cart surrounded by projections. At least with Kong: Skull Island they added a ton of stuff to it, including the animatronic Kong head. F&F just doesn't hold up. I did find the queue part entertaining, but man, that ride.... It's pretty rough.
That giant Kong head at the end of the ride makes the entire ride, that animatronic doesn't get enough credit. It would be awesome if it sneezed on you like the dog at the end of honey I shrunk the audience at Epcot. I keep waiting but it doesn't happen.

What about the Simpsons ride?

We really wanted to like the Simpsons ride! We mostly go through that area for the ambiance though, so fun. DD also always wants a Krusty burger once a trip, just because.

I love the Simpsons land, Kang and Kodo's is legit funny if you stick around long enough to listen. The Simpsons ride makes me feel like hurling so I don't ride it but the story itself is fine.
Yes! We love the Simpsons area, but that ride is just too whatever it is that makes DH and me feel awful afterward. Even my teen doesn't like the way it makes her feel. We all feel miserable every time we've tried it, even waiting years in between. (My philosophy is it might have been too hot that day or maybe I was just too tired and it gave me a headache so I like to give things at least one more try).

Same thing with Rockin' Rollercoaster at WDW, even though a different type of ride. I just can't do it. Three strikes and I'm out. Simpsons though, I don't think I can make it to three lol.

We really wanted to like the Simpsons ride! We mostly go through that area for the ambiance though, so fun. DD also always wants a Krusty burger once a trip, just because.

Yes! We love the Simpsons area, but that ride is just too whatever it is that makes DH and me feel awful afterward. Even my teen doesn't like the way it makes her feel. We all feel miserable every time we've tried it, even waiting years in between. (My philosophy is it might have been too hot that day or maybe I was just too tired and it gave me a headache so I like to give things at least one more try).

Same thing with Rockin' Rollercoaster at WDW, even though a different type of ride. I just can't do it. Three strikes and I'm out. Simpsons though, I don't think I can make it to three lol.
I get it, I love the Simpsons ride and the rest of Springfield but I also know it bothers a lot of people. We always get a Krusty burger and a Duff beer, oh yeah!

I'm hoping they're focusing on EU and once that's complete they can make such changes. Maybe, as I've seen others suggest, replace Jimmy Fallon with a Kowalski's bakery, etc. and/or some New York based Fantastic Beasts stuff?
I am a fan of the Jimmy Fallon ride. It is nowhere near a favorite, but I do enjoy it. I would absolutely sacrifice the Jimmy Fallon ride for a Kowalski's Bakery and the magical speakeasy.
If your time is limited, I would skip it unless you are traveling with someone who is a massive fan of the franchise. It is the only ride I will tell people to skip, because it isn't worth it.

I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies in full (seen loads of clips and I know the main storylines though) and had been warned about how it was the "Worst Ride in Theme Park History! TM" and so had avoided going on it in previous trips. But this occasion we had some time to kill before a lunch reservation, the queue was short and we were going in with low expectations so...

Meh. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either.

Cheesy as heck, rather wooden acting (considering the calibre of stars involved) and you have to suspend your disbelief at the "action" at times, but the technology behind it isn't bad and the cast members in the pre-show are funny. My wife actually said she kind of liked it, but then she admits she loves so-bad-they're-good types of B movies.

My major complaint would be that they tore down Disaster ("And we are moving on!") and Beetlejuice for this.

I haven't seen any of the Fast and Furious movies in full (seen loads of clips and I know the main storylines though) and had been warned about how it was the "Worst Ride in Theme Park History! TM" and so had avoided going on it in previous trips. But this occasion we had some time to kill before a lunch reservation, the queue was short and we were going in with low expectations so...

Meh. It wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either.

Cheesy as heck, rather wooden acting (considering the calibre of stars involved) and you have to suspend your disbelief at the "action" at times, but the technology behind it isn't bad and the cast members in the pre-show are funny. My wife actually said she kind of liked it, but then she admits she loves so-bad-they're-good types of B movies.

My major complaint would be that they tore down Disaster ("And we are moving on!") and Beetlejuice for this.
I think the biggest thing is that expectations don't meet reality. You set the bar low, so it was ok. The average park goer, especially if they are fans of the movies, has a preconceived idea about fast cars and excitement. They are probably also thinking about all the other amazing rides they have already been on and are expecting something similar just with a F&F theming. I mean look at how awesome the coasters and rides like Transformers / Spiderman / FJ / and Gringotts are. Even slow moving MIB is great with all the practical 3D effects and the interactive format. To then, get a slow moving corny B movie instead is a huge let down. If you are expecting a corney B movie, that's different.

The other side of this are the people who skip some other genuinely great attraction to do this instead because they are fans of F&F. Not only are they disappointment, but now they have missed out on something else they would have enjoyed.

If you understand what you are getting and have time, by all means ride this, but if you only have 1 or 2 days and can't fit everything in, don't waste time on this. That's the only point I think most people are making. I'm all for trying things once if you have time. Sometimes you will discover something you enjoy that most other people don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter