• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FAQ for Disneyland Brides

hi! My fiance and I have been bouncing the idea of a DL wedding for a while. We've decided to definitely have our wedding at DL. Now we just have to contact them. I've gotten the generic email that theyve sent out when you request info, and now i'm ready to go meet with them. Were going to DL in Sept. for the half marathon and I thought it would work well if we were able to meet with them then. Did you all go visit the site and meet with them personally when you decided? What did you go over? Our date will be about 18 months out at that point and I really want to make sure we get the date we wanted since i hear that it can be pretty competitive for dates. I just wanted to hear what others went through so i can be more prepared.

Does anyone know if they allow ceremonies in parts of the park that are not listed in the planning guide? we are hoping for, and please don't judge, at the Haunted Mansion. it just is a sentimental place for us. does anyone know if that location is allowed?:confused3

I don't think you'll run into much judgment around here for wanting to be married at the Haunted Mansion around here. I would say your best bet is to call and ask, but I think as far as I have heard it's not very likely. I think when I asked the question about locations to my planner and I mentioned the theme parks she specifically said the castle area was it, and I think the minimum to have any event in a park there was $100,00. I wouldn't take my word as the final say on any of it though, when in doubt, I say ask.

hi! My fiance and I have been bouncing the idea of a DL wedding for a while. We've decided to definitely have our wedding at DL. Now we just have to contact them. I've gotten the generic email that theyve sent out when you request info, and now i'm ready to go meet with them. Were going to DL in Sept. for the half marathon and I thought it would work well if we were able to meet with them then. Did you all go visit the site and meet with them personally when you decided? What did you go over? Our date will be about 18 months out at that point and I really want to make sure we get the date we wanted since i hear that it can be pretty competitive for dates. I just wanted to hear what others went through so i can be more prepared.

I would call them and make an appointment. We met with them at about 12 months out, but that was when we decided to have our wedding. I have read other people say they were able to schedule dates at Disneyland 18 months out, since right now they only have one ceremony location available at the hotels.

We inquired about this back in 2002-2003 when we planned our wedding. The answer that they told us then was no. However as previously mentioned, the do ahve the in-park option in front of the castle. We did inquire becuase we knew that on occassion special dinners are held inside the mansion, but they told us a big no. Doesn't hurt to ask though.

I noticed that there was a thread where people had kindly posted their budgets for reference. It seems, however, that those are all WDW budgets. Is there any such thread for Disneyland? Thanks!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that I've officially gotten my date and booked it. Were at RCG and Pavillion March 12, 2011. :banana:

Now i just have to decide where to begin. Were a year and a half away so it's really far out, but I want to try and start planning now because i know my constant school will be in the way. Any suggestions? I already know that we want a beauty and the beast theme, or medieval/sleeping beauty feel. Thats about it.

Congratulations, Sam! The only advice I can think of is to do a lot of research. You have your theme picked out so search all you can on all the elements of your wedding in your theme. Bookmark all the web pages that you like. Don't be too quick to buy. I made this mistake and now have favors sitting in the closet because they didn't end up complimenting the look I eventually wanted. The planning packet that you get from Disney will be the guideline for the planning session. Don't mark "not interested" unless you're sure you don't want the element in question. In our planning session we needed to ask about different decor that we saw on planning journals on this board. It was not offered to us as a choice so the more you know what's available the better for you. Good luck!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to say that I've officially gotten my date and booked it. Were at RCG and Pavillion March 12, 2011. :banana:

Now i just have to decide where to begin. Were a year and a half away so it's really far out, but I want to try and start planning now because i know my constant school will be in the way. Any suggestions? I already know that we want a beauty and the beast theme, or medieval/sleeping beauty feel. Thats about it.

My advice would be to definitely look into outside vendors. You'll get more bang for your buck if you do, when I look at the amount of stuff we got from our florist and what Disneyland has given other weddings for near the same price I am so glad we went that way. We hired someone to do chair covers at $4.50 a pop as opposed to 8. We brought our own wine and champagne and just paid the corkage fees.

Our planner was also really god about working with our vendors, so overall I don't feel like it was that much more work to hire them and deal with them individually.

Disneyland doesn't have all the restrictions WDW has on outside vendors unless you are having your wedding in one of the parks, which most people aren't. DL doesn't even have all these services within their infrastructure, so for most things they hire outside vendors and act as middlemen. In doing my research for our wedding I met some of the vendors that work for DL, and some of them could specifically not be hired to do a DL wedding because of that, but you could hire them for a wedding anywhere else.

My advice would be to definitely look into outside vendors. You'll get more bang for your buck if you do, when I look at the amount of stuff we got from our florist and what Disneyland has given other weddings for near the same price I am so glad we went that way. We hired someone to do chair covers at $4.50 a pop as opposed to 8. We brought our own wine and champagne and just paid the corkage fees.

Our planner was also really god about working with our vendors, so overall I don't feel like it was that much more work to hire them and deal with them individually.

Disneyland doesn't have all the restrictions WDW has on outside vendors unless you are having your wedding in one of the parks, which most people aren't. DL doesn't even have all these services within their infrastructure, so for most things they hire outside vendors and act as middlemen. In doing my research for our wedding I met some of the vendors that work for DL, and some of them could specifically not be hired to do a DL wedding because of that, but you could hire them for a wedding anywhere else.

Thanks for the advice! This seems to be the trend that ive been hearing. I'm glad you told me about the florist because i was still not sure weather I should go through disney for that or not. It looks like it will be a no. I've been engaged for 2 1/2 years already so I have done a lot of research. Now that we've picked a date, I actually get to start putting all my knowledge to use.

Hi everyone,

First time on the Weddings/Honeymoon board, so I was wondering if it's really true that it costs $100,000 to have your wedding in front of the castle in the park? Also, someone asked the question before, but I didn't see the answer: is there a place where Disneyland brides have posted their budgets for reference?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

First time on the Weddings/Honeymoon board, so I was wondering if it's really true that it costs $100,000 to have your wedding in front of the castle in the park? Also, someone asked the question before, but I didn't see the answer: is there a place where Disneyland brides have posted their budgets for reference?

Thanks in advance!

That sounds like it might be about right. I got a lot of info from http://www.mouseweddings.comwhen we started planning. Their minimums might be a little out of date, but they set in park at $75k minimum.

You should join the Disneyland brides group on Yahoo groups, there is a section once you become a member where people upload their BEO's and other documents as well as lots of photos.

That sounds like it might be about right. I got a lot of info from http://www.mouseweddings.comwhen we started planning. Their minimums might be a little out of date, but they set in park at $75k minimum.

You should join the Disneyland brides group on Yahoo groups, there is a section once you become a member where people upload their BEO's and other documents as well as lots of photos.

Forgive my ignorance, never planned or been to a wedding before in my life (honestly!)... what's a BEO? THANKS! =)

It's basically your estimated budget for the event based on the elements that you would like to include in your wedding that DL provides. Examples would include your site rental fee, floral, catering, DJ (if go through FTW), characters, non-standard linens or chairs, etc.

Hey there any Disneyland Brides. I am getting married offsite (I wish at Disneyland) and I have about 10 extra centerpieces left. I paid $15 for them but I will make a deal with whoever is interested. I am located about 10 minutes from Disneyland. Please pm me for more information.

Just wanted to add a update not sure if its been mentioned on here. I was looking at wedding locations in California and had thought Disneyland was out of the picture due to budget but I still had to email ~ magic happens THEY HAVE ESCAPE PACKAGES now!!!

If anybody wants I will post the brochure the wedding planner sent to me :)

Have a magical evening ladies

Please post the information! In the past they did have an "intimate" package but discountinued it back in 2002/2003.

Below is what I got from the coordinator - Sue Romano Disney Land Fairytale Weddings. I've sent her an email back requesting more information on this so I'll let you all know :)

<ESCAPE Wedding Collection.pdf>> <<Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Brochure-2010.pdf>>

Congratulations on your upcoming celebration and thank you for your interest in our Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. It’s my pleasure to help you plan this magical celebration for you and your guests.

Attached is our detailed Wishes Collection and Escape Collection that will give you an idea of what we offer and our pricing options. Generally, we book a year from the date of the event and in some cases, we may get approval to book further out.

Let me know what additional information I may provide to help, take care and talk to you soon.

All the best,

Sue Romano

Sr. Sales & Service Manager

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Quinceanera's

Escape Wedding Collection

I just can not wait to see what else you come up with !!!!!!!!!!!

BrideToBe82 looks so much pretty and also lovely......................

Have a sweet time together.

Im having a Disney Hen do, any ideas on what we could all do?

So far im thinking ears and disney party bags x

Below is what I got from the coordinator - Sue Romano Disney Land Fairytale Weddings. I've sent her an email back requesting more information on this so I'll let you all know :)

<ESCAPE Wedding Collection.pdf>> <<Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding Brochure-2010.pdf>>

Congratulations on your upcoming celebration and thank you for your interest in our Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California. It’s my pleasure to help you plan this magical celebration for you and your guests.

Attached is our detailed Wishes Collection and Escape Collection that will give you an idea of what we offer and our pricing options. Generally, we book a year from the date of the event and in some cases, we may get approval to book further out.

Let me know what additional information I may provide to help, take care and talk to you soon.

All the best,

Sue Romano

Sr. Sales & Service Manager

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings & Quinceanera's

Escape Wedding Collection

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter