• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FAQ for Disneyland Brides

I'm hesitant to use the Disney florist for my reception decor, as i'm on an extremely tight budget... is there any way for me to buy my own decor and get it set up somehow? would i have to hire an outside florist? an outside consultant? i've found some great bargain sites for decor ideas i love, but how do i set them up?

i'm finding Disneyland restrictions to be frustrating... grrrr

I'm hesitant to use the Disney florist for my reception decor, as i'm on an extremely tight budget... is there any way for me to buy my own decor and get it set up somehow? would i have to hire an outside florist? an outside consultant? i've found some great bargain sites for decor ideas i love, but how do i set them up?

i'm finding Disneyland restrictions to be frustrating... grrrr

Disneyland doesn't really have the infrastructure that Disney World does, so there really is no Disney Floral, they subcontract it out to outside florists, and take a cut for themselves. You get a lot more for your money hiring your own florist, a professional florist is used to all the hoops Disney makes you go through like cleanup fees and the such, and they will build in all the set-up and clean-up fees into their price.

We're hiring Bobbe Vagel at http://www.bvfloralconcepts.com and while he doesn't really fall into the super budget category, I feel like you get a lot for your money with him. For the amount of money it would cost to put up fabric and twinkle lights from the Disney Folk, he is doing personal floral, and reception and ceremony floral.

The only way to get things set up on your own is to have some friends and family do it, or hire someone to do it.

Disney only provided our personal floral. DH and I made our centerpieces, and family members made some the gazebo decor which was transfered to the reception site. My aunts and cousins did the set up for us which was fine as I have a family who is not only creative, but wanted to help in some way. Disney said that if they did it for us they would charge a set up/take down fee.

ok ok... thank u both so much for the help... i cnt believe how hard DL makes it to find this info... ok next question... does nebdy know how much it would cost to get a tent for an outdoors reception? would an outdoors reception be a bad idea for a Dec. 20th wedding? i've lived in CA my whole life and have repeatedly gone to the beach in Dec, but i'd love to get some opinions....

I don't know the cost, but there is an outdoor reception location that may or may not be available. It is located on the 3rd or 4th floor (where the pool is) at the PPH. You will find a tented location that can be enclosed for a reception. I know of one person who was scheduled to have her reception there a few years ago but due to rain they moved her inside the Pavillion Room.

I have watched the fireworks from this location, but it is quite a distance away. Also, the noise from the pool area might be an issue. But who knows, the hotel might close it early due to a private event.

Pierside Pavillion
PP.jpg

When I went to our initial meeting the person I spoke to said they were re-doing the location at the PPH, although she didn't say when it would be available. It might be completed by 2010.

I would not recommend an outdoor event in December in anaheim, it can get unpredictably cold. I fee like inland the weather can get a lot more unpredictable than the coasts where the weather tends to be pretty stable.

Yay for this forum! We decided TODAY to have our wedding reception in the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion at DL. Thanks to all of your advice, we have decided to use outside vendors for our favors, flowers, and music. HOWEVER...

Does anyone know how much Disney charges for those light-filled curtains that decorate the room? I've seen them in most pictures but am not sure how much they will charge for that option. This is one decoration piece that I just cannot do as a DIY project.

A second question is, how much is the "additional" fee for a holiday wedding? Valentines Day falls on a weekend next year and we're considering it.

Hi Eri,

I don't know the exact cost of the lighting, as we decided early on to forgo it, but at our initial meeting I was told it was somewhere in in the 3k range, which is not cheap, in fact that's most of our floral budget :scared1: I would call them for definite pricing, also ask them about using an outside vendor for that, whether they would allow it or not that is.

If you are seriously considering v-day next year I would book soon, as I have been told they are taking bookings up to 18 months in advance since at this point in time they are down to one ceremony site and other people may have had the same idea. Good luck!

Thanks kingLouie. But $3k just for light curtains?!!!?!!? My goodness. We'll have some numbers to crunch :cool1:

Thanks kingLouie. But $3k just for light curtains?!!!?!!? My goodness. We'll have some numbers to crunch :cool1:

Hey there! I don't know if you got your answer yet or not...you probably have, but the ceiling drapes with lights are $1800. I totally hear ya! It's one item that my fiance and I can't live without!!! It just MAKES the room! :)

Wow! That's precisely the kind of wedding I've ever wanted if and only if my DH agree with me to have that kind of wedding on our 50th wedding anniversary that will happen too soon.:dance3:

:banana::banana::banana:

Hello all, for those of you who have already had the initial meeting with the wedding planners, I was wondering what I could come to expect. If anyone knows how much (percentage) is due down to lock in your date, that would also be helpful! ;)

Has anyone had an in park wedding in DL as opposed to DCA. I am curious as to if there is a substantial price difference or not.

:confused:Any info would be great!

I believe that the current price of the deposit for most locations is $2k. The cost difference bewteen DCA and DL ar every different! I know that price fluccuates but if I recall correctly DCA starts at ~$35k and DL ~$65k.

At your planning sessions you'll discuss possible locations, minimum expenditure, floral and entertainment, menu options, etc. This is your opportunity to give your planner an idea of who you are and what kind of wedding you are interested in. Always bring ideas with you (including pictures) and inquiring about options available, even if out of your budget.

Happy Planning.

Thank you for all the great info Keri! I wanted to PM you but I don't have enough posts just yet. But I am grateful for the info!! Just the thought of this dream coming true makes me sooo excited and happy!:cloud9:

Yay for this forum! We decided TODAY to have our wedding reception in the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion at DL. Thanks to all of your advice, we have decided to use outside vendors for our favors, flowers, and music. HOWEVER...

Does anyone know how much Disney charges for those light-filled curtains that decorate the room? I've seen them in most pictures but am not sure how much they will charge for that option. This is one decoration piece that I just cannot do as a DIY project.

A second question is, how much is the "additional" fee for a holiday wedding? Valentines Day falls on a weekend next year and we're considering it.

I know I'm a bit late, but my DF and I just got the lighting priced and it's $2k for the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion. :sad2: Needless to say, we had to ditch that...

Hope this helps, and good luck with your planning! :goodvibes

Hi :wave2:

DF and I are actually getting married on the DCL in Nov this year:cool1:.
We are breaking the trip with a few days in Disneyland before we fly to WDW and we wanted to have an engagement shoot.

Can anyone recommend a photographer ? if you have contact details that would be fantastic.

Don’t mind if it’s Disney or outside (if you can have outside) I just have no idea who to ask and don’t want to leave it to chance that we can organise something when we when we arrive.

thanks so much

DL does not have designated portrait photographers like WDW does. They only have the Photopass ones. When looking for a photographer look for ones who ahev shot DL weddings. Plus take into consideration if they ahve an AP or if you will be buying their pass(es) that day. Off the top of my head I think* some brides have used Jen O'Sulivan, Joe Lumina, and the Boutwells.

What a great idea! I actually just took our own engagement pics in Disneyland this past Feb... we're lucky in that our photographer also happens to be my future sister-in-law! I highly recommend her! I adore my pictures and she is so much fun to work with... here's her new site! www.amyhinden.com... pm me if u want to see some pics!

Does anyone know if they allow ceremonies in parts of the park that are not listed in the planning guide? we are hoping for, and please don't judge, at the Haunted Mansion. it just is a sentimental place for us. does anyone know if that location is allowed?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter