Fantasyland February 2022 Exercise Thread

I'm going to wrap up my info posts a bit early this month, on Saturday, because on Sunday we're leaving for Florida! I'll be back to wrap things up sometime the first few days of March, so keep posting!

Speaking of March, we're into the last week of February already. Is there a volunteer to host in March?

:thanks:

Congratulations to Bethislucy and PollyannaMom for exceeding goal and achieving Shanghai Green!

Shanghai's Fantasyland boasts the largest Disney castle, the Enchanted Storybook Castle. Like Hong Kong's new castle, it celebrates all the Disney princesses (though it was the first to do so, since Shanghai Disney opened in 2016, while HK's castle was not reimagined until 2020). Here's an article by Walt Disney Imagineering about the castle and here are pictures from D23. The Enchanted Storybook Castle is super pretty when lit up at night!

Just about everything associated with the castle touches on Disney princesses. I mentioned the "Once Upon a Time" Adventure yesterday -- that's in the castle. Just inside the walls is Storybook Court, where various princesses appear. This is listed as "Selfie Spot with Royalty" on the Shanghai Disney website. There is a stage in front of the castle that hosts the Golden Fairytale Fanfare, a live show about the princesses. And for girls who want a princess makeover, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is in the castle.

Here's a Disney Parks Blog entry on Shanghai Fantasyland with a couple of pictures. I hadn't realized that the Alice in Wonderland maze was themed to the Tim Burton version!

Let's wrap up our look at Shanghai's Fantasyland with a review of the dining options. There is one table service restaurant, the Royal Banquest Hall, located in the Enchanted Storybook Castle. But it's not focused on princesses--instead you can see Mickey and friends in royal regalia! There are several quick service options: Merlin's Magic Recipe for Chinese, and Pinocchio Village Kitchen (which has roasted duck pizza!) and Tangled Tree Tavern for Western, Chinese, and Asian. There also are Fairy Godmother's Cupboard and Troubadour Treats for snacks and drinks.

Is it too late to drop out? This move is kicking my behind. Note to self: don't move the same week both of us are leaving one job and starting another, in the middle of a snow storm, while protestors are threatening to shut down the highways. :scared::scared: I just keep repeating "only 220 days until Disney" 😜

I went ahead and took you off the list. Best wishes for the move!

I'm going to wrap up my info posts a bit early this month, on Saturday, because on Sunday we're leaving for Florida! I'll be back to wrap things up sometime the first few days of March, so keep posting!

Speaking of March, we're into the last week of February already. Is there a volunteer to host in March?

:thanks:

Did anyone ever pick up March??

I don't have a theme prepared or anything, but I can copy one of my old spreadsheets and be in charge of the numbers if nobody else actually wants March. (If someone has a fun idea for this month, I'll gladly take April instead.)

We made it!! After starting the early morning with a Home Alone moment - someone didn’t set the alarm correctly 🙄🤦‍♀️ - and woke up 20 minutes before the Uber was coming. But we got here! Enjoying the warm sunshine!! We haven’t made it to a park yet, but Disney Springs has been fun for dinner.
30minutes Monday to end February with 360/400. I’m good with that!
Pack your patience for sure—Disney Springs was JAMMED last night. It’s so nice to be warm, though, after last week’s ultra cold snap at home.
I heard the weekend was nuts all over. I guess because of the races ?? Better now!

Raya- good luck!!

Did anyone ever pick up March??

I don't have a theme prepared or anything, but I can copy one of my old spreadsheets and be in charge of the numbers if nobody else actually wants March. (If someone has a fun idea for this month, I'll gladly take April instead.)

No one has picked up March, so it would be great if you took it.

We are on the Galactic Starcruiser until tomorrow so I will finish up February tomorrow night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter