Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

Ok, that is just way cool seeing our ship float out! Know where the maiden voyage is going from/to? Wouldn't THAT be an awesome trip to be on!

Ok, that is just way cool seeing our ship float out! Know where the maiden voyage is going from/to? Wouldn't THAT be an awesome trip to be on!

"maiden voyage"?? what's that??

The maiden voyage the term describing the first official sailing of the ship.

The first official sailing with customers, or the maiden voyage, is March 31 2012 from Port Canaveral on a Western Caribbean itinerary -- the same itinerary our cruise is on. You can still reserve that cruise for about $3,200 per person :).

Before that...the Fantasy is sailing to New York City first. No details are out yet about what is going on in NYC; if there were be some kind of preview cruise from there, or just preview events, or what.

Later the Fantasy ends up in Florida, and I've heard that before the maiden voyage there are one or more inaugural cruises with celebrities and for travel agents.

The maiden voyage the term describing the first official sailing of the ship.

The first official sailing with customers, or the maiden voyage, is March 31 2012 from Port Canaveral on a Western Caribbean itinerary -- the same itinerary our cruise is on. You can still reserve that cruise for about $3,200 per person :).

Before that...the Fantasy is sailing to New York City first. No details are out yet about what is going on in NYC; if there were be some kind of preview cruise from there, or just preview events, or what.

Later the Fantasy ends up in Florida, and I've heard that before the maiden voyage there are one or more inaugural cruises with celebrities and for travel agents.

Thanks for the 411 jcarwash, you sure know your stuff :)

It's official I booked stateroom 7570 :banana:
I hate having to wait over a year for this vacation. I wonder how much the same category will be in later months, you knowwww they go up in price :eek: I've been on mthe Magic 3 times and my daughters wanted to go on the new ship w/ the water slide/tube. I'm glad I'm not a rookie anymore & know what and how to pack. Geeeeezzzzz...is it really over a year wait??? :sad:

Hi there
Just paid my deposit so will be joining you on the cruise!. We are from the UK have had a fab time on the Disney Magic in the Med the last 2 summers. I turn 40 next Feb (on last day of the cruise) & thought I'd just have a wee look to see where Disney cruise line were sailing to on my birthday. What started as a wee look ended up as a booking within two days-you only live once!!!

On the cruise will be me, husband, kids (boy-7 and girl-almost 5) and my mum. Initial plan is to try & keep it as a surprise for the kids until Xmas day. We will also be taking them to WDW for the 1st time so think they will be beyond excited.

Ship looks so so lovely-cannot wait. Booking this has cheered up my January 2012 -think how excited we'll all be by January 2013!!!

:yay:

DW and I booked this cruise while we were on the Dream last week. :goodvibes There will actually be about 30 of us (at least so far). DW and I are in 9174. We currently have the entire back of deck 9 booked so we can open up the walls to the Verandah's and share the space. :cool1: If you are on deck 10 above us or deck 8 below us I appologize in advance as it will likely be a party atmosphere on Deck 9 Aft! :thumbsup2

DW and I booked this cruise while we were on the Dream last week. :goodvibes There will actually be about 30 of us (at least so far). DW and I are in 9174. We currently have the entire back of deck 9 booked so we can open up the walls to the Verandah's and share the space. :cool1: If you are on deck 10 above us or deck 8 below us I appologize in advance as it will likely be a party atmosphere on Deck 9 Aft! :thumbsup2

MILFORD! Dude! You are going to give me a bad reputation with all of our cruise mates...

If I am going to get a bad rep, I want to earn it myself :rotfl2:

DW and I booked this cruise while we were on the Dream last week. :goodvibes There will actually be about 30 of us (at least so far). DW and I are in 9174. We currently have the entire back of deck 9 booked so we can open up the walls to the Verandah's and share the space. If you are on deck 10 above us or deck 8 below us I appologize in advance as it will likely be a party atmosphere on Deck 9 Aft!

MILFORD! Dude! You are going to give me a bad reputation with all of our cruise mates...

If I am going to get a bad rep, I want to earn it myself

Welcome to the cruise meet! Are all 30 people on the DIS?

Good thing I'm on deck 2! :goodvibes

Welcome to the cruise meet! Are all 30 people on the DIS?

Good thing I'm on deck 2! :goodvibes

Yes, I believe that 95% of them are on here. They may or may not post over here. We have a thread running for our small tight knit group. We all meet on the DVC member cruises the last two years. Most of us have abandoned ship from going on any more DVC Member cruises since they have gone down hill in value and we were paying a large premium to attend those. :confused3 So we are kind of doing our own mini-member cruise cause most of us are also DVC Members.:thumbsup2

I am directly below you!!! We have 2 cabins underneath!

Did somebody say "party"?? Mind if I crash? lol Have a blast, I'm on deck 7.

We don't mind at all!!! Please join us!!!! We LOVE making new friends! Consider this your warning, though, we are a CRAZY group! That's why we all get along so well. And we have DVC and the DISboards to thank for our wonderful friendships!! :thumbsup2

I see that Andy (Carmouse10) has joined in over here as well as Milford! (Disrailfan) :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter