Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

PoeticMoe, we just got off the Dream and our middle DD is currently 12. She and her friend (whose family also went) LOVED the Edge. It's the tween club for 11-13 year olds. We had the same school delima...our kids schools had the first week of October off for fall break for years. So we scheduled our 2009 and 2011 cruises around that break so they wouldn't miss school. Well, when they released the calendar for this school year, no fall break! They moved it to Presidents week. It was too late for us to move the cruise that we had been planning for almost two years, so we took them out of school. So now we are planning this cruise around the "new" school schedule with the hopes that they don't change it again! If they do, we will probably have to take them out again.

Whew - that's good to know your DD enjoyed Edge. I wasn't too worried about my son, just didn't want DS to be bored, or in his words, call the Edge "lame"! :eek: The club does look pretty cool. :)

Whew - that's good to know your DD enjoyed Edge. I wasn't too worried about my son, just didn't want DS to be bored, or in his words, call the Edge "lame"! :eek: The club does look pretty cool. :)
It's funny because I have one in each club (or I did on the cruise we just got off of). So the day we got on the ship we decided to go check out each of the clubs, the club/lab, edge and vibe. We made it to the club/lab first and it was awesome, we had a hard time getting the younger ones, and DH's to leave...they were "driving the ship". :rotfl: Then we went to Vibe and it was amazing! Last we went up to Edge and after seeing the other clubs I felt like it was anti-climatic, I didn't think it looked as "awesome" as the other ones. However, every time I called my DD on the wave phone she was in her club having a blast and didn't want to leave. I guess DCL knows what they are doing.

We are in room 6566.

I will start the FE list:
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566

I' in for the FE 6688 DH/DW/DS10

We will be doing the FE this cruise as well. :thumbsup2
DW(Andrea), DH(Ryan), DD19(Ashley), DD13(Riley) and DD8(Bailey):cool1:

Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
DISMOM73 - DH/DW/DD8/DD13/DD19 - 6670 and 6672
THE GREAT CORNHOLEO - DH/DW/DS10 - 6688

Please add us to the FE list as well.

Me (Monie) and DS (12). Cabin 8164. Thanks! :thumbsup2

POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 8164

Morning all!

I put our deposit down this morning on the cabin I had on hold. Now I feel officially booked! :thumbsup2 Fantasy Feb. 16, 2013 here we come! :banana:

Congrats on putting your deposit down! :cool1: I just wish DCL would hurry up and release the Magic and Wonder itineraries so that we know for sure we are sticking with this one. Like I said before, I think the only one we would switch to is Bermuda. I am a type A planner and I NEED TO KNOW!

Just thought I would pop in and say "HI". The thread started off strong and has been quiet for a bit. I just booked our summer DL trip. We've never done a summer trip before, we usually try and go slower times, but it's a graduation trip for my oldest DD who will be graduating from high school in June. :banana:

Hey everyone! Just poppin in to say "hey"! :goodvibes Still waiting on our school system to release our 2013 calendar. :rolleyes1 I went ahead and booked a Spring 2013 cruise on the Fantasy as well, just in case our school system tries to do something funky for 2013. Need to make sure we're covered either way. Ugh....the wait....:confused:

If you're planning to stay near port the night before, Feb 2013 dates can now be booked at Country Inn & Suites.

I had been holding a Radisson at the Port reservation because that hotel was allowing booking in Feb 2013 a while back. CI&S was not, but when I checked today their window is open online.

I stayed at CI&S before our first cruise this year on the Magic. We liked it. The rates are cheaper than the Radisson and there is a nice breakfast included. For this year's stay I was able to get an incredible rate ($70) due to a promotion they were running at the time, but for Feb 2013 I have reserved with a AAA rate.

Hi All!

I booked this cruise for my family this week after taking our last ever Carnival cruise in December. I have heard wonderful things about Disney Cruises (and I know from experience that Disney does things very well), so I'm pretty excited about it.

But can anyone tell me what fish extenders are and what is the FE list? (I assume FE = Fish Extender?)

Thanks!
Kate :)

Hi Kate! Glad to have you join, plus we haven't had any activity on this meet thread for a while!

Fish Extenders are things you can hang on a fish next to your stateroom door. Below I'll put in a picture of our hand-made one from our first cruise. (We may use it again on this upcoming cruise.)

Once the cruise gets closer, we'll organize a complete list of who is participating in an exchange -- stateroom numbers, people per party, usually ages of children so gifts can be appropriate.

Then on the cruise you visit each stateroom door and leave little gifts in the pockets of the Fish Extender. The gifts don't need to be anything big, just like little items from a dollar store for example, but it's fun to do. Many people get into customizing magnets or other mementos specific to the cruise or the kids' names, stuff like that.

fe2.jpg

Wow! you're very creative.....and that sounds like a lot of fun!

Hi all :goodvibes going to decide today on a stateroom then book. Hard decision...either complete back of boat which has a big verandah BUT has whitewall (I want see through) or 7570 which is midship of boat and close to elevator not whitewall BUT regualr size verandah. Ughhhhhhh I'll be booking with the hopes my girls will be on mid winter recess (2013 calenders aren't out yet) Cruising with~ dh Erik 45, dd Gianna 13,dd Kayla 12 and Linda (me) 47 <<<ages at time of sailing. I'm excited just unsure of stateroom to pick :confused3 lol.

Hi there! My family is booked on this cruise. DH, myself, DS-13, DD-9. We picked this cruise so that we would still be in the inaugural sailing year. We have sailed on each of the ships during their inaugural sailing year. Unfortunately we missed the boat on sailing on the Fantasy for the Maiden Voyage. When DH first suggested it, I wasn't comfortable with the deposit being non refundable. But then when I decided I wanted to go ahead and just book it, the price for our family had doubled. :sad2: Oh well....maybe when Disney adds to their fleet (I'm sure they will, right?).

Anyway....also wanted to ask if anyone watched the Fantasy float out last night/this morning? Here's the webcam liink: FANTASY ON WEBCAM

Anyway....also wanted to ask if anyone watched the Fantasy float out last night/this morning? Here's the webcam liink: FANTASY ON WEBCAM

Welcome to the cruise meet! :goodvibes

I checked out the live cam for the float out, but later enjoyed these videos of the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVFE64IWows&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC6UM0LT2yc&feature=related

Also a detailed photo gallery here:
http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=199

Hi all going to decide today on a stateroom then book. Hard decision...either complete back of boat which has a big verandah BUT has whitewall (I want see through) or 7570 which is midship of boat and close to elevator not whitewall BUT regualr size verandah. Ughhhhhhh I'll be booking with the hopes my girls will be on mid winter recess (2013 calenders aren't out yet) Cruising with~ dh Erik 45, dd Gianna 13,dd Kayla 12 and Linda (me) 47 <<<ages at time of sailing. I'm excited just unsure of stateroom to pick.

Welcome to the cruise meet! Did you figure out your decision? The midship 7570 sounds good to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter