• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic Wheelchair Seeting

Good news for power wheels users at Fantasmic is that there are electrical outlets at the base of the light poles next to the upper tier of accessible seating...Perfect for charging low batteries during the show...

Forevryoung said:
As I said, I was there in June and there were plenty of seats next to the wheelchair spaces for us to sit. I think this was about needing a bunch (4 or 5) seats in addition to the wheelchair.

Sorry I didn't realize your trip was in June. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm guessing/hoping that the companion seating that JudithM said was gone in April had been put back in place by the time you went in June. Maybe they were just testing a new seating arraingement and then found out it wasn't better then the old way?

BillSears said:
Sorry I didn't realize your trip was in June. Thanks for clearing it up.

I'm guessing/hoping that the companion seating that JudithM said was gone in April had been put back in place by the time you went in June. Maybe they were just testing a new seating arraingement and then found out it wasn't better then the old way?
As far as I know, they never got rid of all the companion seating. There places where they just have spots for wheelchairs/ecvs and then there are spots with companion seats. One of the problems they had to deal with was that there are a lot of parties of 2 or 3 where they are all using ecvs. So, to have a companion seat for each wheeelchair/ecv spot means that those parties would not be able to sit together.
When we went in March, my FIL was using, so he and my DD sat next to each other in the back row. The rest of us were sittingf in front of them. But, the party next to us had one person with a wheelchair with her DH sitting next to her and the rest of their party sitting in front of them. We did not ask, but I think if we had asked for a chair so my DH could sit next to his dad or DD, they would have provided one. Empty spaces are more adaptable.

BillSears said:

I hope this was/is the case. I just asked my husband & he remembers it the way I mentioned - only seating for companions was in front of the back row with the wheelchairs/ECVs. The rest of our group went on around to the other side for "regular" seating (my term!). We commented at that time to each other about the change in seating.

I posted all the following information in a CM-only thread, but I thought I'd repost it all here incase anyone else needed any clarification.

We ask that no more than parties of 6 be seated in our Special Needs sections. We do make exceptions for parties of up to 9, depending on how early the party arrives for seating. Parties of 10 or more must separate due to the limited seating. If you are able to transfer (and willing), please let a host/hostess know, it makes seating so much easier. If you require seating with a back support, we have VERY limited seating in the Maleficent and Sebastian sections, or we also have the option of giving you a wheelchair to sit in, if you do not already have one.

Special Needs seating is available in all 10 sections of the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater, with parties of 2 (ONLY 2) and parties needing reflective captioning (No more than 4, please) seated in the Mickey section.

Yes, there is seating directly next to the guest in the wheelchair/ECV. Only one person from their party may be seated in that seat, with the rest of the party seated on the designated benches directly infront of the guest in the wheelchair/ECV.

The exception to that, however, is if you are seated at either end of the section, since the 2 end benches can hold up to 4 people. And, yes, there is an exception to this rule as well: The Mickey section (remember, only for parties of 2 and parties of up to 4 requiring reflective captioning)

This is all true for each section, except for the Pocahontas section. There is no seating in this section directly next to the guest in a wheelchair/ECV. Guests seated in this section are seated as follows: The guest in the wheelchair/ECV is seated at the top, while the rest of the party is seated in the rows directly infront of the guest travelling in the wheelchair/ECV.

**Edit: Btw, we really don't recommend you charging your personal ECV in the outlets that are in the theater. Power spikes do happen, and the possibility that your ECV could be ruined exists, and Disney is NOT responsible for such a situation. We recommend you charging it at Darkroom, Oscar's or GR. Obviously, if it's a Disney ECV going bad, we have the ability to replace it.

Hope that clears everything up :)

xtinkerbell84x said:
This is all true for each section, except for the Pocahontas section. There is no seating in this section directly next to the guest in a wheelchair/ECV. Guests seated in this section are seated as follows: The guest in the wheelchair/ECV is seated at the top, while the rest of the party is seated in the rows directly infront of the guest travelling in the wheelchair/ECV.

Thank you so much for clarifying the information for us! We knew we weren't imaging our seating arrangements :)!

Thanks for the information. My last time at Fantasmic we actually had 5 with 3 in wheelhcairs and 1 using reflective captioning. The guys sat in front of us

Thanks. That's pretty much what I wrote except I didn't have any specifics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter