Fantasmic opening weekend...

Before Covid they used to offer dining packages and a Fastpass/Virtual Queue option. When the show came back post-Covid they only offered dining packages without a virtual queue option. There was only limited standby.

I agree going back to the complete free-for-all days is not ideal, but I do hope they offer a blended dining package or virtual queue option.

I like Fantasmic, but I am not interested enough to pay for a dining package. The virtual queue would provide me with a no extra cost option if interested in seeing the show.
that would help alto but....we wont know how they deal with them or not. Will it be first come first serve or a ticket system

I think they should do it like WOC. A mix of premium viewing dinner packages, dessert package with actually seats and a virtual queue.

I miss when they still had the paper machines and you got a ticket.

I am thankful it looks like 2 shows a night so lots of opportunities to see it.

I think they should do it like WOC. A mix of premium viewing dinner packages, dessert package with actually seats and a virtual queue.
I happened to be lucky enough to attend the last dessert party for Fantasmic way back when. It was a fabulous experience but took up a lot of valuable real estate with the chairs. I’m sure they figured out they could make a lot more money packing people in like sardines on the sidewalk…I glad I got to experience it once. We had great treats too!

They are leaving money on the table...I might do it twice within the first month

That's easy money being left there....only thing I can think of is....will the show opening be delayed?

Not sure what other reason

Interesting.....might be just another platter like for the Pixar Parade

Or maybe switch which locations you can eat at

I just want to thank everyone for posting updates and developments on the Fantasmic dinning packages or lack there of (at the moment). We are heading to DL for our first time in a little over 60 days and I’m wanting to book a dinning package when they are available so I check this thread everyday and I appreciate the efforts in keeping everyone informed.

I just want to thank everyone for posting updates and developments on the Fantasmic dinning packages or lack there of (at the moment). We are heading to DL for our first time in a little over 60 days and I’m wanting to book a dinning package when they are available so I check this thread everyday and I appreciate the efforts in keeping everyone informed.
If you hit the 60 day mark and they haven't released the dining packages, my advice, assuming you want to hit at one of the typical package locations anyway, is to book a regular dining reservation when they become available.

The problem is going to be for the first 60 days is that most of the reservations are going already be booked so it will have to be an add on to regular reservations.

I just booked a Disneyland stay for June. I totally forgot about Fantasmic coming back in May until I saw this thread. Now Im on the hunt for a dining package too!
If I remember correctly, there won’t be any dragon (yet) in the show, right?

If you hit the 60 day mark and they haven't released the dining packages, my advice, assuming you want to hit at one of the typical package locations anyway, is to book a regular dining reservation when they become available.

The problem is going to be for the first 60 days is that most of the reservations are going already be booked so it will have to be an add on to regular reservations.
That's what I did with Blue Bayou so, fingers crossed I can request it when I get there. I'm going mid-June and all the the BB reservations are gone for my week. We were planning on eating there anyway, so no issue if there isn't a package...but it would be great if we can just request it when we dine since we have an 11am reservation!

I have a theory..

This week is about Pixar fest starting
Next week will be half-way to Halloween

if they are going to make a fantasmic announcement regarding dinning plans, virtual Que, whatever.... I think it will come the week of May 6th.

I also have a feeling they are really changing it up. I think that because of the removal of restaurant names from the website page and the complete removal of any mention of the hungry bear package.

I for one would welcome a dessert party option like the one for world of color.

I also have a feeling they are really changing it up. I think that because of the removal of restaurant names from the website page and the complete removal of any mention of the hungry bear package.

I for one would welcome a dessert party option like the one for world of color.
The whole situation is incredibly bizarre! I agree with you. It would be great if they offer a dessert party, dining package, AND a no additional cost virtual queue option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter