Fantasmic: how early to get a spot?

Glad to hear this as I just booked Blue Bayou for the Fantasmic dining package on 10/27. It'll be both my first dining there and my first time seeing the show; gotta make it memorable!

You're in for a treat. The only downside is they give you the cushion after your meal, so you have to lug it around with you for the rest of the day. Thankfully, we were staying at the Grand so we brought them back to the hotel. Just before the show, we went back to shower and pick up the cushions. It would be better if you picked them up at the restaurant just before the show, or better yet, hand them to you in the roped off area reserved for Blue Bayou guests.

You're in for a treat. The only downside is they give you the cushion after your meal, so you have to lug it around with you for the rest of the day. Thankfully, we were staying at the Grand so we brought them back to the hotel. Just before the show, we went back to shower and pick up the cushions. It would be better if you picked them up at the restaurant just before the show, or better yet, hand them to you in the roped off area reserved for Blue Bayou guests.

:-) I have a backpack I take with me in the parks, so my hope is the cushion will fit in there.

:-) I have a backpack I take with me in the parks, so my hope is the cushion will fit in there.

We keep the cushions with us to use on bumpy rides, e.g. Matterhorn, Maters, IJA, etc. BB gives you a plastic bag to carry the cushions. And you can always get a locker if you decide that you need more space in your backpack. But take advantage of those cushions for the parades and rides -- they really help!

Another vote for Hungry Bear at least. It’s not that much more than just eating there anyway. The view is worth it. My celiac DH had the ribs and I ordered nuggets and a burger from the regular menu. We sat and had a great view. If you go to the first show stay and have a great view of fireworks and the projections. I think they reserve the option to make you stand but in a recent thread about this no one had ever had to stand.

I was just searching for the same info and found this thread. OP, what option did you end up doing? Dining package, fast pass? How early did you go to get a good view? How was your experience?

I have a question. If you do a dining package and there are two F! showings on that day, then is the voucher you receive good for the first performance, or can you choose?

I have a question. If you do a dining package and there are two F! showings on that day, then is the voucher you receive good for the first performance, or can you choose?

Usually, which showing you get depends on when you make your reservation. Earlier dining gets the first show and later dining gets the second. I think the cut off is around 7 pm. Unless the first showing is sold out, you are allowed to choose which showing you prefer. For example, when we dine earlier, but want the later show, I have always been allowed to request FPs for later.

Lots of great info. Helping lean me towards getting the dining package for F!. If it's even going to be available when we go. Going Mon-Thur 11/12-11/15 and saw on boards that they historically move F! to weekends during Holiday season.

Usually, which showing you get depends on when you make your reservation. Earlier dining gets the first show and later dining gets the second. I think the cut off is around 7 pm. Unless the first showing is sold out, you are allowed to choose which showing you prefer. For example, when we dine earlier, but want the later show, I have always been allowed to request FPs for later.

So that choice is done when you are at the restaurant? Our res is for early- 4:15pm (the latest time they had left since I just made it and it is only 2 weeks away!), so that'd mean the early showing.

The dining packages are now open, and it looks to me like they are only doing it on weekends. It seems to be playing on the 11th and the 16th, based on the dining reservations available.

So that choice is done when you are at the restaurant? Our res is for early- 4:15pm (the latest time they had left since I just made it and it is only 2 weeks away!), so that'd mean the early showing.
If you look at your reservation online or on the app, it should say which show your FP is for. If it says "First Show" and you would rather have the second show, just ask your server if you can have FPs for the later show when you get to the restaurant.

My reservations for River Belle Terrace don't show a First Show or Second Show designation :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter