Fantasmic: how early to get a spot?

MuseumMouse

Mouseketeer
Going to Disneyland the week of Sept. 10 and a good spot for Fantasmic is a high priority. How early should we or can we seek out a spot to see it? Advice on where a good spot would be is also welcome! Ideally, I would like to stay in that location for the fireworks after, too. I heard you can get a good view of them from there and the projections are also projected on the water as well as the castle? If so, this would be very appealing for us. TIA!

Going to Disneyland the week of Sept. 10 and a good spot for Fantasmic is a high priority. How early should we or can we seek out a spot to see it? Advice on where a good spot would be is also welcome! Ideally, I would like to stay in that location for the fireworks after, too. I heard you can get a good view of them from there and the projections are also projected on the water as well as the castle? If so, this would be very appealing for us. TIA!

Are you doing
1. Dining Package
2. Fastpass
3. Standby

For the 9pm show
Dining packages and Fastpass areas are open from 8pm but many people start lining up at the entrance around 7.15pm.

Standby people start waiting on the bridge area from 6pm

Yes the fireworks animations are projected onto the Fantasmic fountains and the sound is played through the speakers. I did this in June 2018 and it was an awesome experience.

Thank you! We will not do the dining package, but haven't decided between FP or standby yet. This is really helpful, though. We will definitely do the earlier Fantasmic show. So glad we can stay put for fireworks! That sounds perfect.

Thank you! We will not do the dining package, but haven't decided between FP or standby yet. This is really helpful, though. We will definitely do the earlier Fantasmic show. So glad we can stay put for fireworks! That sounds perfect.

I would really recommend the dining packages. You have to eat anyway at some point in the day, why not do the Hungry Bear dining package and then you will have access to a front viewing section for Fantasmic and the fireworks.

If you really decide against a dining package, then make sure you get a Fastpass early in the morning.

I would STRONGLY recommend a dining package. Which sounds more appealing for a good spot... standing in a crowd starting at 7-7:30, standing for F!, and more standing for the fireworks, or sitting on the ground starting at 8-8:30, sitting for F! with a great view no matter where you are sitting, then standing for fireworks?

We just got back and did both the River Belle and Blue Bayou dining packages. I would highly recommend the latter. Great food, and a foam cushion to sit on. The cushion was so much better than sitting on hard cement. Both days, we entered the viewing area at about 8:15 for the 9 pm show and there were only 1-2 rows of people in front of us, but it doesn't really matter because you sit the entire time so the view is great. There is lots of room in the viewing area and the CM's announce that everyone is to sit for the entire show. Trust me, it is worth every penny.

Hmm. You guys are giving us a lot to think about. We did not budget for a dining package, nor did we initially think it would be worth it just because we're not big into the dining experiences. We just prefer to grab quick food and keep going. That's just our style. And, two of the four of us are now celiac/gluten free (first Disney trip with dietary restrictions), so I'm not sure whether the limited Hungry Bear menu would work, though I know we could call and find out. The other thing I noticed is that with the on-the-go Hungry Bear package, it says the viewing is standing only, no sitting.

So, two follow up questions.

One, do they let you take strollers into the viewing areas? I remember sitting on the ground waiting for World of Color when we were there in 2016, but our kids sat in the stroller while we toughed it out on the ground. Then we all just stood up when the show started. We had a FP for that, so this was in the FP viewing area. Having the stroller was surprisingly helpful.

And, does buying Max Pass help you in any way when it comes to viewing Fantasmic? (and/or fireworks)

Most always report being able to sit in the dining package areas....even Hungry Bear.

Hmm. You guys are giving us a lot to think about. We did not budget for a dining package, nor did we initially think it would be worth it just because we're not big into the dining experiences. We just prefer to grab quick food and keep going. That's just our style. And, two of the four of us are now celiac/gluten free (first Disney trip with dietary restrictions), so I'm not sure whether the limited Hungry Bear menu would work, though I know we could call and find out. The other thing I noticed is that with the on-the-go Hungry Bear package, it says the viewing is standing only, no sitting.

One, do they let you take strollers into the viewing areas? I remember sitting on the ground waiting for World of Color when we were there in 2016, but our kids sat in the stroller while we toughed it out on the ground. Then we all just stood up when the show started. We had a FP for that, so this was in the FP viewing area. Having the stroller was surprisingly helpful.

And, does buying Max Pass help you in any way when it comes to viewing Fantasmic? (and/or fireworks)

If Fantasmic is high priority for you, the dining package will make your night so much more enjoyable. You will have to carry your kids if you go the Fastpass route, unless you get front row. I don't know how early you would have to line up for that though.

I have heard Hungry Bear can be sitting or standing. I believe they were sitting when we went, but during busy times, I heard they will make them stand to cram more people in.

I am not entirely sure whether strollers are allowed in. I recall seeing a wheelchair but don't recall any strollers. There would have been plenty of room though. It shouldn't matter though, as your kids can sit on the ground or in your lap and should be able to see no problem. This beats carrying them for the entire show. Even if they are light, that will get tiring.

As for MaxPass, I believe you need a paper Fastpass. I don't recall seeing a MaxPass for F! on the app.

Hope that helps.

I actually came onto the boards because I had a few questions about Fantasmic, so I hope it's okay to jump on this thread too. We are going Nov 6 - Nov 11 and trying to plan days and reservations, and I haven't seen Fantasmic in years even though we go at least once a year. Is it likely that week that Fantasmic will only be on Friday and Saturday? We will probably do Fastpass, when do Fastpasses usually run out? And it sounds like anything besides dining package areas are strictly standing the whole time?

You ask about a good spot. The only way to get a good spot is through a dining package.
Dining packages have assigned zones. Zones are indicated on the picture below.
As you can see to get the best spot you'll need a Fantasmic! Dining package at the Blue Bayou.

Curlyxz posted this map Aug 6, 2017
Fantasmic 2017-08-06 F! map.JPG

You have to park the stroller in a designated area inside the dining package area. So your kid(s) can’t hang out in it while you’re waiting. (And have them out when they start letting you in so you can park it very fast!)

On the plus side, your wait time for a dining package spot will be an hour or less (as low as 20 minutes if you don’t mind being in the back/off to the side). In the dining package area, you aren’t packed together like you are for WOC, so it’s not a bad wait at all IMO.

I love Fantasmic! and we’ve seen it a few times since it returned last year. If my 5-year-old is with me, I’ll only watch it with a dining package. We usually get in line about 7:45 for the 9:00 show, take some snacks and a little blanket to stake out our spot, and enjoy the show! They usually let us in about 8.

The Hungry Bear section has the best angle for fireworks viewing, IMO. And I’m sure they can accommodate dietary restrictions.

I don’t do dining packages for anything else, ever. But I do one for Fantasmic! Every. Single. Time.

I actually came onto the boards because I had a few questions about Fantasmic, so I hope it's okay to jump on this thread too. We are going Nov 6 - Nov 11 and trying to plan days and reservations, and I haven't seen Fantasmic in years even though we go at least once a year. Is it likely that week that Fantasmic will only be on Friday and Saturday? We will probably do Fastpass, when do Fastpasses usually run out? And it sounds like anything besides dining package areas are strictly standing the whole time?

Welcome to the DIS!
1) During low/non-peak season, F! usually runs on weekends only (Fri., Sat., Sun.).
2) FPs for F! run out early, usually around noon or by early afternoon. Get your FPs early for peace of mind. The FPs will not interfere with your ride FPs.
3) Almost all non-dining package FP areas are standing. There is a very small area for free FP viewing that is sitting (just to the right of the RBT regular dining package area), but that is for the first group of people allowed into that area. Unless you are tall, it is worth waiting to be in the front of the free FP areas so that you can have a decent view of the show.

We did Hungry Bear in May over Memorial Day weekend (Sunday night). My daughter and I are also gluten free due to celiac. As far as I know, all of the adult entrees for the F! package are gluten free. I had heard some negative things here about the food, but ours was great. Maybe because our pickup time was the earliest available, 3 p.m., our food was very fresh, hot and delicious. I had the salmon; she had the pork riblets and her friend had the chicken. You can also order off the regular menu, and they have a gluten-free friendly hamburger bun. Adults cost is $30, kids is $20, and that includes a drink. We liked the HB seating area, and it was surprisingly empty-- the BB area next to us was packed like sardines, but there were only two rows in our section, and we were encouraged to sit down. We sat on our sweatshirts to soften the cobbles. :) It was a great view and we voted it to be a great deal!

Here's a link to somebody's blog talking about their experience at HB, with pictures: http://www.alexisgfadventures.com/2018/01/fantasmic-on-go-package-at-hungry-bear.html

We did Hungry Bear in May over Memorial Day weekend (Sunday night). My daughter and I are also gluten free due to celiac. As far as I know, all of the adult entrees for the F! package are gluten free. I had heard some negative things here about the food, but ours was great. Maybe because our pickup time was the earliest available, 3 p.m., our food was very fresh, hot and delicious. I had the salmon; she had the pork riblets and her friend had the chicken. You can also order off the regular menu, and they have a gluten-free friendly hamburger bun. Adults cost is $30, kids is $20, and that includes a drink. We liked the HB seating area, and it was surprisingly empty-- the BB area next to us was packed like sardines, but there were only two rows in our section, and we were encouraged to sit down. We sat on our sweatshirts to soften the cobbles. :) It was a great view and we voted it to be a great deal!

Here's a link to somebody's blog talking about their experience at HB, with pictures: http://www.alexisgfadventures.com/2018/01/fantasmic-on-go-package-at-hungry-bear.html

You can order off the regular menu instead of the food that's part of the package?

Yes! Just did that two weeks ago. I ordered the Turkey Caesar wrap with fries and drink. They told me that the package price doesn't change, but I was ok with that because I preferred the regular menu items.

Oh that's good!! There's no way my daughter is eating anything from the fantasmic package...and my husband loves the Turkey wrap. I don't mind paying extra for the good seating, but I wasn't really wanting to pay that for food we would all not really be looking forward to.

Oh that's good!! There's no way my daughter is eating anything from the fantasmic package...and my husband loves the Turkey wrap. I don't mind paying extra for the good seating, but I wasn't really wanting to pay that for food we would all not really be looking forward to.
I was super happy with this package. I have it booked again on my next two trips because I like the Hungry Bear regular menu, they still give it to you in a to-go box (so you can eat there or wherever you want), and the drink was still included. On top of that, the view for Fantasmic was great! I showed up at 8:30 and still had plenty of room to sit (albeit off to the side more). Then being able to watch the fireworks right after with the projections on the water was so perfect. Then head over to Haunted mansion while the crowds cleared out!!

I was there Saturday and was able to get a spot for the second showing on the steps by Cafe Orleans about 30 mins before. There were kids asleep in strollers behind us. It's not a front and center but you have a pretty good view of the stage and leftmost water screen.

I would STRONGLY recommend a dining package. Which sounds more appealing for a good spot... standing in a crowd starting at 7-7:30, standing for F!, and more standing for the fireworks, or sitting on the ground starting at 8-8:30, sitting for F! with a great view no matter where you are sitting, then standing for fireworks?

We just got back and did both the River Belle and Blue Bayou dining packages. I would highly recommend the latter. Great food, and a foam cushion to sit on. The cushion was so much better than sitting on hard cement. Both days, we entered the viewing area at about 8:15 for the 9 pm show and there were only 1-2 rows of people in front of us, but it doesn't really matter because you sit the entire time so the view is great. There is lots of room in the viewing area and the CM's announce that everyone is to sit for the entire show. Trust me, it is worth every penny.

Glad to hear this as I just booked Blue Bayou for the Fantasmic dining package on 10/27. It'll be both my first dining there and my first time seeing the show; gotta make it memorable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter