• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic - disappointed!

I just saw it for the first time this past week after many trips with family who refused to wait in line and I was also a little disappointed... I loved the Pocahontas part and the ending, but I was bored with the water projections after awhile. I think I had built up the anticipation too much over the years with everyone describing this huge fiery battle with sorcerer Mickey. It was really a small part of the show... :confused3

Wishes (and HalloWishes which I got to see for the first time) delivered as usual, however! :thumbsup2

Ok I just saw the last half of Fantasmic on youtube (started where I left off), and honestly, still not impressed. The fire on the water was my fave part. Otherwise, its just meh. :confused3

The only time we've seen Fantasmic was on a drizzly, cold evening in December 2010 when the first show was canceled due to rain but the second show went on since it was only a slight rain by then. There was lot's of available seating for anyone who had stuck around to see if it would be shown. My favorite part was also the fire on the water because that was the one point in the evening that I warmed up a little! I felt so bad for the cast members with skimpy costumes, Ariel in particular.

I never understand the point of threads like this. Some people love it, some don't...just like every other attraction at WDW.

This is exactly my beef about Fantasmic. The water projections got sooooooo boring. Thats why i left. I wasnt impressed with princesses passing by on the boats either, or the dragon. It just didnt do it for me. Ultimately i decided i'd have much more fun riding ToT! So we left. :confused3 Glad I did too because ToT was NOT a walk on that night. Line up was huuuuge. Which surprised me!
I just saw it for the first time this past week after many trips with family who refused to wait in line and I was also a little disappointed... I loved the Pocahontas part and the ending, but I was bored with the water projections after awhile. I think I had built up the anticipation too much over the years with everyone describing this huge fiery battle with sorcerer Mickey. It was really a small part of the show... :confused3

Wishes (and HalloWishes which I got to see for the first time) delivered as usual, however! :thumbsup2

Jeez, I ask for thoughts but instead I get scolded about leaving in the middle of the show. Amazing. For the record, its not like I took my time getting up. Its just the two of us, and we made a very quick exit....its not as if I left right at the moment when there was a float passing by right in front of us.
My favorite part of Fantasmic is at the end when the boat comes around the corner with pyrotechnics and the characters on board. I was so mad when I took my niece, at that moment the group of people in front of us decided to get up and head for the exits. She didn't see it! They weren't the only ones. I think it's rude to get up and ruin it for others!

I love Fantasmic. I can't imagine, after all the hassle it takes to just get in and get seated that I'd ever consider leaving in the middle just to go on ToT which is often pretty much a walk-on ride...

This is a forum where we can share thoughts and opinions, is it not??? The whole point is to do just that, share.
I never understand the point of threads like this. Some people love it, some don't...just like every other attraction at WDW.

This is exactly my beef about Fantasmic. The water projections got sooooooo boring. Thats why i left. I wasnt impressed with princesses passing by on the boats either, or the dragon. It just didnt do it for me. Ultimately i decided i'd have much more fun riding ToT! So we left. :confused3 Glad I did too because ToT was NOT a walk on that night. Line up was huuuuge. Which surprised me!

Jeez, I ask for thoughts but instead I get scolded about leaving in the middle of the show. Amazing. For the record, its not like I took my time getting up. Its just the two of us, and we made a very quick exit....its not as if I left right at the moment when there was a float passing by right in front of us.

This is a forum where we can share thoughts and opinions, is it not??? The whole point is to do just that, share.

Did you not expect people who love the show wouldn't question your opinion on a show you didn't see completely?

NHTikiBeckie said:
Did you not expect people who love the show wouldn't question your opinion on a show you didn't see completely?

That's exactly what I expected. I don't have a problem with that at all. What I didn't expect was to be scolded for leaving early. Lol. It's kind of amusing actually.

My point is, I am free to share my opinion just like everyone else. Even if I'm being scolded I guess? Lol. I just don't understand why someone would post that they don't get the point of the thread. You don't have to read it, nobody's forcing you.

That's exactly what I expected. I don't have a problem with that at all. What I didn't expect was to be scolded for leaving early. Lol. It's kind of amusing actually.

My point is, I am free to share my opinion just like everyone else. Even if I'm being scolded I guess? Lol. I just don't understand why someone would post that they don't get the point of the thread. You don't have to read it, nobody's forcing you.

NO! You may not share your opinion. Get out, you Negative Nancy!

I agree with you OP, back in 2010 my husband and I did the Fantasmic Dinner Package so thankfully we did not have to wait as long as the rest of the crown but even then when it finished we were like "that was it? Well been there done that." Though in the defense of the show I am not much a show person, the whole sit and watch does not go well with me. I am a more do person.

I think fantasmic is one of the best things at disney. I have seen it at Disneyland and disneyworld. I like the show better in disneyland but the seating is better in disneyworld. The best part is at very end!!! Love the mouse!! To each is own though. Everyone has a right to their opinion. What a boring world it would be if we were all the same!!!

We will never go again. It was a huge disappointment - story and show. The story theme was patched together to get all the characters involved. The show effects weren't wow.

Overall for the amount of time spent getting a good seat, waiting then hassling the crowd, there are so many other options that are so much better...in our opinion.

I love Fantasmic so much I saw it three times in 2012 during an 8 night stay, and I've used one of my FP+s on a one day trip to see it next month

I just can't see Fantasmic more than like once a year,I mean it's like 30-35 minutes long and 20 of those minutes it's water screens showing old Disney movies,it gets seriously boring!!!The end is OK but overall it's just a big let down.Illuminations on the other hand I must have seen it 200-250 times and I've yet to get tired of it,and yes I probably have seen it that many times since I usually end many days in Epcot seeing the concerts during the festivals and always stick around for Illuminations.Wishes is also awesome,I don't see it as often as Illuminations but could because I like it a lot.
That right there is another reason I don't like Fantasmic,sure it's great to sit down but I'm not too keen on standing in line to get in the theater,that's wasted park time.Wishes and Illumination you can just walk up to a spot you know is good 5 minutes before the show and enjoy.

Right on! I've seen Fantasmic several times over the years and it was just ok :bored:. I also don't like waiting to get into the theater with the throng. Wishes is great, but I hate fighting the huge crowds and protecting turf...it's a nightmare sometimes. Illuminations on the other hand I enjoy the most! Plenty of room and things going on all around the WS.

Different Folks...Different Strokes. Fantasmic is my fav show. Never miss it. Havent seen wishes in 4 trips. Havent seen illuminations in 8 trips. Good thing WDW has things that people dont like or it would be a heck of a lot more crowded at all these spots.

smcabee said:
Different Folks...Different Strokes. Fantasmic is my fav show. Never miss it. Havent seen wishes in 4 trips. Havent seen illuminations in 8 trips. Good thing WDW has things that people dont like or it would be a heck of a lot more crowded at all these spots.

True!

Interesting posts and probably what makes Disney great. Some people love it and others do not. Same with Illuminations and Wishes. That is what makes Disney great is they have a variety of things for different ages and different likes and if you do not like something then don't do it but find something better suited for you.
I went to Fantasmic and I enjoyed it as did my DD twins who are 12. My wife did not like it but she loves Illumination (which I enjoy also and yes I enjoy Wishes as well). The last time we went my Granddaughter (5) was scared of any fireworks so we missed all the shows. Of course this helped us see other things at EpCot, get an extra ride on TSM at DHS and spend a little more time around Dumbo and Goofy's Roller Coaster (that my Granddaughter loves) while Wishes was happening. Did I want to see these shows? Sure. Did I make the best out of not seeing them? Yes.
My advice at Disney is to do everything once and if you plan to go back later tailor your trip so you have the most fun for you with the understanding that if going with a new guest you may want them to see something you don't overly care for just to see if they like it.

I have to admit, after seeing Fantasmic for the first time this past trip, I was disappointed. Yes, it was our first time seeing it after many many prior trips. We never bothered before because of the massive line ups!

We left Fantasmic after about 15 min into the show (because if we stayed for the whole thing, our ToT FP+'s would have expired). Thank goodness we left early because the line up for ToT was RIDICULOUS!

Anyway, I really wanted to like Fantasmic (notice my tag? lol) but I didnt. I just didnt think it was all that great. Maybe I was expecting more, I dunno. Had I been impressed, i would have stayed for sure. Now tell me, is the best part towards the end? Im curious. :confused3

Anyone else disappointed in Fantasmic? Or is it just me?

Not staying for the whole show is no way to judge Fantasmic :confused3

I know there are people that do not enjoy it, but judging by the throngs that are there each show, there must not be many!

I, for one, think it's one of the greatest shows there, and wouldn't miss it for the world! :thumbsup2

We've been to Disney World 5 times now and are going again in Nov. this is the first time we've scheduled to do Fantasmic w/ the Fantasmic Dining Pkg. I never thought that our youngest could handle the line or sitting through the show. I'm second guessing it now after reading some of the reviews. I saw mention of watching it on Youtube -- is it the entire program? So, if I watch it w/ him and he doesn't leave after 15 minutes I can decide it's a keeper?

for us, fantasmic is just okay - more noise & flash, less substance.

we like wishes a bit more, for the older disney songs and great fireworks show. however, it feels like a 12ish minute disney commercial - cute, but unsubstantial (instead of "mine, mine, mine", it is "me, me, me" ;)).

while wishes & illuminations both have fantastic fireworks shows, we prefer illuminations. its message of the entire world as one (not just those in a disney park:rolleyes:), that we are all the same, no matter where we were born and/or live, and how there will always be someone, somewhere, suffering similar pains and others ecstatic over similar joys, how if we all put aside our perceived differences, we really can change the world, appeal to us (along with the more classic music styling and well-presented lighting:)). illuminations is definitely deeper, wishes is more "happy in the moment" - neither is wrong, just different.

just mho :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter