Fantasmic - disappointed!

goofyintoronto

DIS Veteran
I have to admit, after seeing Fantasmic for the first time this past trip, I was disappointed. Yes, it was our first time seeing it after many many prior trips. We never bothered before because of the massive line ups!

We left Fantasmic after about 15 min into the show (because if we stayed for the whole thing, our ToT FP+'s would have expired). Thank goodness we left early because the line up for ToT was RIDICULOUS!

Anyway, I really wanted to like Fantasmic (notice my tag? lol) but I didnt. I just didnt think it was all that great. Maybe I was expecting more, I dunno. Had I been impressed, i would have stayed for sure. Now tell me, is the best part towards the end? Im curious. :confused3

Anyone else disappointed in Fantasmic? Or is it just me?

You were disappointed because you left early! The best part is the ending (IMO).

We went on Christmas Day last year - first time after many, many trips to the Parks - and we were less than impressed by it. We had reasonably good seats but the visuals weren't as amazing as we'd been hoping, and I'm not sure we're going to bother to go back. And I say this as someone who truly loves Illumniations.

lol..........you should do a series of "First 15 Minutes of" reviews. It might come in handy for people who know they're going to be late for everything so they'll know what they're missing. :rotfl:

I doubt you're the only one!

We actually really enjoyed it though. My husband liked it more than Wishes :eek:

Funny, your "tag" at the left expresses the same sentiment.... sorry your expectations weren't met. Do you like Wishes better? Why or why not? Do you like IllumiNations better? Why or why not?

I personally think Fantasmic is half a celebration of all things Disney and half a story about Mickey's dreams/imagination/nightmare. I would rate the show higher if were more story focused.

I rate the 3 shows as follows:

Wishes 10 Great story, great presentation, visually spectacular, good music, emotional. I usually try to see at least twice every trip and for my last night.

Fantasmic 7 Story overshadowed by non-story elements, but presentation makes up for it. I still make room to see at least once most visits

IllumiNations 5 Weak story, slow presentation, inconsistent visually, inconsistent for music and emotion. I only watch if convenient.

But that based on what I like and how good I think each is for "story" and presentation.

:eek: OMG never! Lol! I loved wishes way more!

We actually really enjoyed it though. My husband liked it more than Wishes :eek:

:lmao: What a great idea! only problem with that is the fact that the seats get filled up 1/2 hour before the show begins. So late-comers wont get a seat.
lol..........you should do a series of "First 15 Minutes of" reviews. It might come in handy for people who know they're going to be late for everything so they'll know what they're missing. :rotfl:

I wasnt impressed with illuminations either to be honest. My absolute fave is Wishes. I dont know what it is about it, maybe the music in combination with the fire works, and the fact that its in my fave park, but i absolutely adore wishes and could watch it every day if my son would cooperate. He hates fireworks. :mad:

Funny, your "tag" at the left expresses the same sentiment.... sorry your expectations weren't met. Do you like Wishes better? Why or why not? Do you like IllumiNations better? Why or why not?

I personally think Fantasmic is half a celebration of all things Disney and half a story about Mickey's dreams/imagination/nightmare. I would rate the show higher if were more story focused.

Wishes 10 Great story, great presentation, visually spectacular, good music, emotional. I usually try to see at least twice every trip and for my last night.

Fantasmic 7 Story overshadowed by non-story elements, but presentation makes up for it. I still make room to see at least once most visits

IllumiNations 5 Weak story, slow presentation, inconsistent visually, inconsistent for music and emotion. I only watch if convenient.

But that based on what I like and how good I think each is for "story" and presentation.

I like it more than Wishes as well.

Personally, I don't care for Illuminations and will only return to see it if people in my party want to, but since so many other people like it I know it's just my personal preference. I always think it's funny when people characterize the relative entertainment value of the three shows as facts.

My DH and I both enjoy Fantasmic much more than Wishes but that's just us. That's the beauty of Disney - there is something for everyone. :thumbsup2

Anyone else disappointed in Fantasmic? Or is it just me?

You can put me in the its just not worth it category and probably wouldn't waste my time unless it was really a slow time and we could just walk up 10 minutes before the show. I call it Mickey's Bad Acid Trip since I just don't get it. I get Illuminations in that its a "play" in three acts.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: hilarious!
You can put me in the its just not worth it category and probably wouldn't waste my time unless it was really a slow time and we could just walk up 10 minutes before the show. I call its Mickey's Bad Acid Trip since I just don't get it. I get Illuminations in that its a "play" in three acts.

Ok I just saw the last half of Fantasmic on youtube (started where I left off), and honestly, still not impressed. The fire on the water was my fave part. Otherwise, its just meh. :confused3

My ratings are the same as this. We LOVE Fantasmic and definitely see it every trip. We don't love it as much as Wishes though . And Illuminations, to me, is just eh... we usually catch it once, but I would be ok skipping it. For some reason it doesn't effect me the way the other two do.

I only saw F! once but I absolutely love it. My fav part is when Mickey at the beginning starts waving his hands back and forth to the music. Can't wait to catch it again!

My favorite part of Fantasmic is at the end when the boat comes around the corner with pyrotechnics and the characters on board. I was so mad when I took my niece, at that moment the group of people in front of us decided to get up and head for the exits. She didn't see it! They weren't the only ones. I think it's rude to get up and ruin it for others!

I love Fantasmic. I can't imagine, after all the hassle it takes to just get in and get seated that I'd ever consider leaving in the middle just to go on ToT which is often pretty much a walk-on ride...

The only time I am ever disappointed is when the dragon is not in operation or the show gets altered for any reason. Great show, one of my favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter