Fantasmic Dining Package :)

I searched all over the website and I don’t see the cushion mentioned. Was it mentioned before and now they have discontinued it?

Regarding my daughters, they are 12 and 14. At least the younger one will probably order off of the kids menu. Will they still charge “adult” pricing if she orders a child’s portion?

We did the BB package on Saturday, we weren’t given any cushions and neither was anyone in our section. Hopefully that isn’t a permanent change, it was a really nice touch.
Oh no! We've done it several times and we've always been given a cushion! I think it even stated so on the Disneyland dining page. I'll have to go look...

What time did you line up, and what are these cushions you brought? Did you keep them in a locker during the day?
Thanks!
We brought BB cushions from when we had done the BB package before. They fit in a tote bag we had with us -- lightweight and easy to carry. But the cushions would have fit easily in a locker if we'd had one. Foam kneeling pads, like large gardening cushions from Home Depot, would also work just fine and are just as portable.

I was just looking into getting an on the go fantasmic dining package and saw this under the know before you go about viewing areas "All viewing areas are standing only" so is that just for the holidays that it is no longer seated?
The last time we did a dining package (a few months ago), I asked a F! CM in the HB section specifically about that wording -- she said that in the past year that she'd been working that section, they had not asked guests to stand. It has happened a few times, but not in recent memory.

Has anyone done the RBT Premium Dining Package (where you eat on the terrace at RBT during the show)?

Any thoughts on that experience would be great.
How much you like that package depends greatly on how much you need an actual chair. If you can sit on the ground, the view from the regular dining package areas cannot be beat. It is far superior to the RBT patio view (which is not in any way a "premium" view, in my opinion, because it is too far back from the water and has the possibility of being too obstructed by other patrons on the patio, by pedestrians, and by shoulder kids in the standby area in front of the restaurant). But, if you must view the show seated in a chair, this is the only option -- and it does come with dinner. Our personal favorite package is BB, followed by HB. We've seen the view from the RBT patio and would not pay for it. It just isn't worth it for us, but we are fortunate enough to be able to sit on the ground for now.

Yes, I would like to know as well if they discontinued the cushions...
If there are no cushions and no gumbo/other soup as starter, I gotta rethink the BB dining package... might do HB instead...

I just booked this for Friday, 12/20 HB, 1st Show. Any recent or personal experience with this? It states 6:15. If we show up at HB at 6:15 is that ok or should we arrive much earlier? Any idea what time we should line up for the first showing of F! with the 9:00pm start time? Thank YOU!

Last edited:
I just booked this for Friday, 12/20 HB, 1st Show. Any recent or personal experience with this? It states 6:15. If we show up at HB at 6:15 is that ok or should we arrive much earlier? Any idea what time we should line up for the first showing of F! with the 9:00pm start time? Thank YOU!
Your pick up time is during prime dinner hours, so I would show up a bit earlier because there probably will be a line and a bit of a wait to get your food. What time you return to the F! viewing area depends on how busy the park is that day. If the park is very crowded, I would line up earlier than the stated return time if you want to be seated up at the front of the viewing area. If you don't care where you sit, you could line up later. If the parks are busy, don't return to the area late -- you may not get to sit together if the viewing area is full.

I can’t say anything about arriving at HB...
But for lining up... On my FP it said to arrive at 8:15 for the 9pm show... I showed up at about 8 (dec 1st, it wasn’t a crowded day but FP packages were sold out according to the CMs) and I was something like the 6th „group“ for the BB section... there were already a couple more groups for the HB section...
By 8:15 the viewing sections were all already pretty full and by 8:30 the CM had problems to fit in the newcomers...
I had some snacks (popcorn) and something to drink (soda and hot chocolate) and actually really enjoyed my wait...
I would rather arrive a little early than a little to late...

Hi!

Piggybacking on this thread. Is the HB package only available as the On the Go? I’m looking at the reservation website, and that’s all I see. How would that work exactly and what time do you suggest reservations for dinner? What time does Fantasmic start?

Thank you!

I'll just say that I did a dining package at RBT a couple years ago and the food was excellent if that factors into your decision. It was a little on the sweet side as I think they are taking the idea of Southern cooking having a ton of sugar in it to heart (it does, but, you know). I really liked the Maleficent desert thing too (and it was less sweet than the beans!). Overall it was a great experience and I had a great spot for the show!

Hi!

Piggybacking on this thread. Is the HB package only available as the On the Go? I’m looking at the reservation website, and that’s all I see. How would that work exactly and what time do you suggest reservations for dinner? What time does Fantasmic start?

Thank you!
When we did it last April, we picked it up and just sat down at HB and ate ours as soon as we picked it up. We picked up at 530 and the show was at 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter