Fantasmic Dining Package issues booking

Thanks to those who have responded here - in the midst of the Fantasmic Dining nightmare myself. Our window opened up yesterday for Dec 3-7 - no Fantasmic bookings available past Oct 7. Spoke and chatted with Disney - seems to be an issue with their system and show times adjusting to park closing times. Very confusing since this should not be that hard.

Any tips besides checking daily for Fantasmic Dining in December? Have all other reservations booked, including Studio ones for that day.

I went ahead and booked a normal Sci-Fi lunch and will keep an eye out for the dining packages to become available. We wanted to eat there with or without the package so I at least have a reservation at a time I want and hopefully can change it when the packages come out. I wonder if it causing problems because of the Jollywood event, with a show at 7:15 on party nights and not until 9:30 on non-party nights? When they make you jump through all these hoops to get reservations so many days out the least they could do is make sure you can actually make the reservations when they say you need to.

I went ahead and booked a normal Sci-Fi lunch and will keep an eye out for the dining packages to become available. We wanted to eat there with or without the package so I at least have a reservation at a time I want and hopefully can change it when the packages come out. I wonder if it causing problems because of the Jollywood event, with a show at 7:15 on party nights and not until 9:30 on non-party nights? When they make you jump through all these hoops to get reservations so many days out the least they could do is make sure you can actually make the reservations when they say you need to.
Don’t rely on the reservation finders. I had 3 setup and none sent an alert. I just happened to check disboards and it had been an hour since the ADRs released.

It’s crazy that’s we are paying so much money to add stress. I think they’re trying to figure out if a second show is worth the cost based on projected park attendance (one reason why the park pass is still around).

They should just open up a LL for Happily Ever After and Fantasmic; it would be worth the price vs carpel tunnel.

Has anyone had any luck? Mine has still shown nothing each day.

I wonder if the price hike of all of the QS/TS prices could have been the reason they pulled inventory? If that theory is true, hopefully we'll see some inventory come back soon! (Probably with a price increase) 💰

My guess, as I continue to stalk this: A price hike is coming, so they're holding off beyond the next 2 days at any given time so they can implement the price change. News is full of price increases on other things, like Epcot fireworks and character dining. So I'll keep checking every dang day. When I called, the CM told me they were just ALL BOOKED every single time every single day, and I said "That just can't be true--how can I get reservations at every hard to book restaurant but not this?" He just said it was popular. Sigh. Keep checking, and let us know if you get anything, friends! Good luck!

My guess, as I continue to stalk this: A price hike is coming, so they're holding off beyond the next 2 days at any given time so they can implement the price change. News is full of price increases on other things, like Epcot fireworks and character dining. So I'll keep checking every dang day. When I called, the CM told me they were just ALL BOOKED every single time every single day, and I said "That just can't be true--how can I get reservations at every hard to book restaurant but not this?" He just said it was popular. Sigh. Keep checking, and let us know if you get anything, friends! Good luck!

I gave up on trying to get something during the 12/3 - 12/9 week and was able to grab it on 12/15

No idea what Disney is doing here. We've been unable to get anything in early December - not seeing anything back in November either. No way they're all gone - one of the restaurants would show - CMs saying that have to be mistaken. The last couple days, could get a package 12/11, not that's pulled. Only 12/12 showing this morning (based on the 60 days out I can see). There has to be a point the load the other dates.

I gave up on trying to get something during the 12/3 - 12/9 week and was able to grab it on 12/15
Curious, was that the furthest out you could book?

There have been a couple times where the only day I saw with availability is the furthest out day. So for example right now, I see availability on the 12th (which is as far out as I can currently book), but nothing on any day before. Do you see availability on the 12th as well? Nothing on the 11th? And what about further into the week?

No idea what Disney is doing here. We've been unable to get anything in early December - not seeing anything back in November either. No way they're all gone - one of the restaurants would show - CMs saying that have to be mistaken. The last couple days, could get a package 12/11, not that's pulled. Only 12/12 showing this morning (based on the 60 days out I can see). There has to be a point the load the other dates.
Exactly. I see plenty on 12/12. Last time I noticed them all disappear it was around lunch time. Now I know for something popular the easy answer is they all got taken up, but I've watched it go from TONS of availability to completely gone over the span from 12pm to 2pm. Not slowly picked away, but plenty one check, to completely gone the next. So there has to be something going on right?

As I say "Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please!!!" to myself.

10/29 just added a new Fantasmic show, so it seems like Friday approx 2 weeks before they’re updating Fantasmic. We have first show sci fi dining package booked. So now our evening is cut short Fantasmic will be at 8 pm (orig planned Fantasmic at 9:30 pm) and it conflicts with something we’ve booked already.

Curious, was that the furthest out you could book?

There have been a couple times where the only day I saw with availability is the furthest out day. So for example right now, I see availability on the 12th (which is as far out as I can currently book), but nothing on any day before. Do you see availability on the 12th as well? Nothing on the 11th? And what about further into the week?

I am staying a total of 14 days from Sun 12/3 to Sun 12/17.
On my 60 day window opening, I could not see any availability for it thorough Sun 12/10 (60 + 8)
I could see openings for it on 60+9 and +10 (but I didn't want it on either of those days)

On my 60 + 3, I was able to easily book it (many openings) for 60 + 13 (12/15)

*I just checked now and I see it available on 12/12 through 12/17 (the furthest I can see now)

I am staying a total of 14 days from Sun 12/3 to Sun 12/17.
On my 60 day window opening, I could not see any availability for it thorough Sun 12/10 (60 + 8)
I could see openings for it on 60+9 and +10 (but I didn't want it on either of those days)

On my 60 + 3, I was able to easily book it (many openings) for 60 + 13 (12/15)

*I just checked now and I see it available on 12/12 through 12/17 (the furthest I can see now)
Thanks for the info!

So it would appear <knock on wood> that things seems to be getting back to normal starting on the 12th... Not that that does me any good :)

I guess that lends itself to something different. When you saw availability on your 60+9 and 60+10 days was it pretty wide open? Or was it a slim selection? If I'm doing my math right, it's still just strange (assuming it was normal availability) that if 12/10 was 60+8, then you saw availability for 60+9 which would be 12/11, and that's completely gone now. Seeing the current availability at lunch time for 12/12 right now makes me think there's no way that's sold out.

When you saw availability on your 60+9 and 60+10 days was it pretty wide open? Or was it a slim selection? If I'm doing my math right, it's still just strange (assuming it was normal availability) that if 12/10 was 60+8, then you saw availability for 60+9 which would be 12/11, and that's completely gone now. Seeing the current availability at lunch time for 12/12 right now makes me think there's no way that's sold out.
12/10 (60+8) was completely booked. It didn't even show up in the "Make a Reservation" page.
12/11 (60+9) was completely open. Not picked over open; Completely available open.
12/12 (60+10) same thing. Completely available open.

Yea, I don't know when 12/11 disappeared. I sort of gave up searching as soon as I booked it on 12/15.
I'm fairly sure, 12/11 still had availability when I booked 12/15, but I'm not 100% certain.

The only thing that I have left to book is Candlelight Proc.

12/10 (60+8) was completely booked. It didn't even show up in the "Make a Reservation" page.
12/11 (60+9) was completely open. Not picked over open; Completely available open.
12/12 (60+10) same thing. Completely available open.

Yea, I don't know when 12/11 disappeared. I sort of gave up searching as soon as I booked it on 12/15.
I'm fairly sure, 12/11 still had availability when I booked 12/15, but I'm not 100% certain.

The only thing that I have left to book is Candlelight Proc.
Crazy. Thanks again for the details!

Well, I guess that's enough theorizing for the day. :) Just back to stalking the app!

Good luck with the Candlelight Proc!

Who are you trying to get? During our trip half of my group wants Stamos and the other half wants NPH so they are split!

Crazy. Thanks again for the details!

Well, I guess that's enough theorizing for the day. :) Just back to stalking the app!

Good luck with the Candlelight Proc!

Who are you trying to get? During our trip half of my group wants Stamos and the other half wants NPH so they are split!

I'm fortunately/unfortunately? trying to go for Neil or Brandon Frasier. Only because I want to do my Epcot days on Thursdays and I specifically want to focus on "Around the World" eating (w/ slow strolling) on the first Thursday and rides (schedule & Genie+ oriented) the second Thursday.

I'll guess I'll see what happens.

It looks like 12/11 was back tonight for a little while. Searched around 10:17 pm EST. Getting returns under “all day” and the time periods as well. Around 10:55 checked again and they’ve disappeared. 😞 Appeared to still be a fair amount of reservations for parties of 2 and 4 when I looked.

Good luck to everyone who needs a package on this day (and hope those of you looking for the week prior do catch a break soon)!

Last edited:
Most bizarre approach for reservations ever - and that's saying something with how Disney handles some of these reservations. It's like they let a few go some days in December, but none other days. I really don't understand the logic or the reasons - maybe that'll be more obvious later.

I noticed that there are no Sci Fi reservations for the days that are listed now? Is that normal?

Most bizarre approach for reservations ever - and that's saying something with how Disney handles some of these reservations. It's like they let a few go some days in December, but none other days. I really don't understand the logic or the reasons - maybe that'll be more obvious later.
Logic? As if 🤣

This is just their crappy IT infrastructure doing its thing because the Mouse won’t invest in keeping it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter