Famous People You have met While at WDW

lauran cameron

One little spark of inspiration...
hey Dis'ers I thought it would be cool to start a thread where we could all share tales of celebrities we have seen or met while at the world!!! ::MickeyMo

I'll start:

I met Raven Scimone waiting in line for The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. She was still all the Cosby show so she was still a little girl...but I had her sign in my autograph book. How ironic that years later she became a Disney girlie ::MinnieMo

how about you? :listen:

We met the wrestler King Kong Bundy years ago at MK. He was really nice, took pictures with the family, signed autographs.

Donny Osmond in the lobby of the Contemporary. He was leaving...but he actually said hello to my husband.

PamNC

I've seen Montel Williams 3 different times - once at Blizzard Beach and twice at MGM - on three different trips. He must be a big Disney fan. And I have met many soap stars during my 4 trips to Super Soap Weekend. One year when Vanessa Marcel was still on soaps she brought Brian Austin Green with her. He was nice.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We met Mickey Mouse.....that was pretty cool.................

I'm just kidding.............

We've never met anyone..........or maybe we were just too preoccupied to notice............. :guilty: :guilty: :guilty:

I saw the 1996 Dream Team Olympic Men's and Women's b-ball team. They were in a parade in World Show case right before the olympics. I got a lot of great pictures for my brothers who were big on basketball.

A few years ago we ran across Whoopi Goldberg at DL, in the art gallery. She smiled at my DH...dumb me, I was looking the other direction! A few minutes later a security team closed off the area.

I stayed across from Steven Tyler at the Boardwalk when RnRC opened. And I bumped into Debbie Gibson at the Mission:Space media event. I sang "Only in My Dreams" to everyone for the rest of the evening.

Len

After having entered through the International Gateway one evening just to catch Illuminations, I saw a couple who was trying to take their own picture of themselves. The guy had his arm outstretched, camera in hand, and leaned back to get the shot. As a photographer, I always offer to help out when I see this kind of thing.

We walk over and I offer to take their picture for them. The woman says the camera has been acting up and that its not working as it should. I said I could take a look at it. While I'm looking down futzing with the settings and resetting them as they should be, my girlfriend says to the guy "You look a lot like Jason Priestly". The guy replied, "That's because I am".

He could not have been any nicer, chatting with us. They were grateful that we were able to reset their digital camra properly and we chatted a bit about hockey. He's a Vancouver fan and I'm a Flyers fan. He got booed in Philadelphia when they put him on the Jumbotron when Vancouver came to town. I told him he was in good company, we've even booed Santa Claus.

Then he offered to take a photo with us. One of the highlights of our trip was showing all our friends the photo because we're all huge 90210 fans.

lentesta said:
I stayed across from Steven Tyler at the Boardwalk when RnRC opened. And I bumped into Debbie Gibson at the Mission:Space media event. I sang "Only in My Dreams" to everyone for the rest of the evening.

Len

S'cuse me Len. That's DEBORAH Gibson. :rolleyes1

pardon me Anim8ed while i swoon!!!!! :love: :love: Jason Priestly is a total hottie - even after the reconstructive surgery. i would not have been able to control my giddieness and my DH would have been super embarassed!

- lori

We met Jodi Benson coming out of Flying Fish one day. Who is that?, you ask. She was the voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid. My wife was thrilled to see her and they spent about 10 minutes talking. Apparently, she visits WDW a lot on various Disney business.

Stephanie from Full House...she was just trying to have a good time and some teenagers just kept chasing her. I actually saw her running away towards the exit when she was "discovered"...Price of fame I guess.

This was not at WDW but at Universal. We were in the Jurassic PArk store when the sales assistant says 'keep it to yourselves but if you wait around a little I hear Steven Spielberg is coming'. Of course we were like OMG, anyway sure enough, he turned up and we got our photo taken with him - a very nice guy, a little shorter than I thought he would be. Noone ever believes me and I have to get out the photo every time, but it is the truth.

I met Frank Dicopoulis of Guiding Light at Downtown Disney at Summer Sands. I have seen Raven Simone at Guest Relations at MK, and saw Walt Willey and Eden Reigal of All My Children at Mission: Space when they were visiting for the Soap Opera Weekend. They were getting the tour of the backstage area and we were in line.

I saw Paige Davis from Trading Spaces at the Animal Kingdom a couple of years ago. I recognized her right away because I watch TS all the time but I didn't want to bother her. She was with her husband and they were watching the parade go by princess:

We met the basketball player, Scottie Pippen, a couple weeks ago at the Beaches & Cream restaurant during a late afternoon. He was with someone & they ordered take out from Beaches & Cream, then just ate it out on the patio. We got my hubby's pic w/him & he was signing autographs for a bunch of kids that recognized him.

It was pretty funny when I first saw him - I told my hubby "Oh, Scottie Pippen's here." He didn't believe me at first. :)

On our last trip we were walking down Main Street in the MK and my DH noticed Jim Kelly, the former Quarterback of the Buffalo Bills - my son went over and said hello and Jim gave him his autograph... then him and his family were wisked away by a CM who was their guide. We kind of felt bad bothering him becasue he was with his family and he does have a handicapped son who requires alot of attention. Jim Kelly was very kind and went on his merry way after..... it was really cool for those of us who are Bills fans and have seen him play.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter