FAMILY TRIP TO WDW

Zoey wanted to go find Jesse, so we got together and finished with the maps. We were all starving at this point so we had lunch at Pecos Bills. Those burgers were mighty tasty.

ry%3D400

Now it was time for our fast pass to Pirates of the Caribbean. We all love that. We rode the Magic Carpets and then walked over to Peter Pan. We got in the fast pass line for Peter Pan. Now that is my all time favorite ride in the whole park. I always have to wave bye bye to Nana as we take off for Neverland. Our last fast pass was for Pooh. I had a hard time getting in and didn’t think I was going to be able to get out. The lap bar was just too close. But I did manage.

We got in the standby line for It’s a Small World and then it was time for a snack. Chuck and I had strawberry sundaes, Jesse and Karen had chocolate and Zoey had chocolate/vanilla swirl.

We were headed to Carousel of Progress when a young woman stopped us and asked Zoey if she could have her autograph. It was so cute and had her picture taken with her. Zoey was just thrilled.

We were all bushed by then but we did Carousel of Progress. Now I love that, but I was falling asleep and Karen did fall asleep. We were going to leave, but it was time for the parade. It was a really cute parade. I was waving at all the characters. Donald blew me a kiss and Merida, shook her hair at me because we have the same color. When we were at Universal, one of the characters helping with the wands called me Weasley. So I am the long lost grandma of the Weasleys and Merida’s long lost cousin.

We joined the throng leaving the park, made it to the car and had dinner at Olive garden.

Another fun filled day. Tomorrow and Sunday are Karen’s race days. Tomorrow she is doing a 10K and Sunday she is doing a half marathon. The rest of the family will spend the day in the pool and just relax.

February 20, 2016 – Today was a lazy day for everyone except Karen. She finished her 10K and felt great afterward. I slept in and read and every once in a while I would actually get up aaaaand then back to lounging and reading. I even dosed off and on until Karen came back. She told us all about the race and getting her medal and having it engraved with her name and date. After she took a short nap, we had lunch and went into the pool for an hour or so. The kids took great delight in giving grandmom new hairstyles in the water. I even had a Mohawk. After playing in the pool, I got a shower and got back to reading. I think we all needed a day off. Well, all except Karen.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We all went out to dinner at Cracker Barrel. I found a gold color pair of earrings like the ones I got in the Tennessee Cracker Barrel that were silver. I have gotten so many compliments on the silver ones, I thought I would get the gold ones too. They were even cheaper than the ones in Tennessee. These were only $8. I do love a bargain.

We came home and I watched Lawrence Welk. Yes, I am that old and nerdy. That music just makes me smile.

Tomorrow is another quiet day for us and Karen’s half marathon.

February 21, 2016 – Karen did it. She finished her half marathon in a little over 3 hours. We’re pretty darned proud of her.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The rest of the family slept in. I got up at 6:30am and just stayed in bed and read. I did spend time playing with the grandkids. Then I would shoo them off and get back to reading. I did doze off once in the morning and once in the afternoon.

Around 4 we all got dressed and went over to Epcot. We had a quick dinner at the Electric Umbrella. Then we took a walk around Mousegears. I picked up another Elsa hand sanitizer, but was looking for 3 more. I also picked up 5 of those raspberry white chocolate chip cookies. Only one is for me. The others were for Jesse and Zoey and some friends of mine. The lady at the counter was so nice when I asked if she had any more of the Elsa hand sanitizers. She checked and found out where they were and then got them for me. I thought that was so sweet of her. I wish I had gotten her name but just didn’t think of it.

We took a ride on Spaceship Earth and then walked around the countries. We then got ready for the fireworks. We had a fast pass for them. No seats, just a nice view if you got there early. We sat down by a fence and I was eating a cream filled pretzel. A duck was right behind me. Ok, I was very naughty and threw him a piece. He walked around and then came back and gave me a little nuzzle on my ear. I laughed so hard. Karen said I had said I wanted a boyfriend and here he was. Chuck shooed him away but he did come back and poked me gently in the back. No more for you!

The fireworks were nice, I just miss the old ones. The real IllumiNATIONS. Now that was a wonderful show.

We came home and everyone but me went to bed. I typed out this report and now I’m getting a nice hot bubble bath.

Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom.

February 22, 2016 – Our first Fast pass ride was the Jungle Cruise. We had a very good skipper this time and her jokes were very funny and some new ones thrown in as well.

We spied Mary Poppins and of course we all had to get our pictures taken with her. I love Mary Poppins.

ry%3D400

Notice all three of Karen's medals.

ry%3D400

It was time for lunch and we were entertained by Sonny Eclipse. Good food and very cute entertainment.

Buzz Lightyear came next. Let’s just say that I’m not the world’s best in the scoring department and leave it at that.

We all love the People Mover and it’s a nice relaxing time between running around to rides.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The next thing we did was Carousel of Progress. I have loved this since the 1964 World’s Fair. We have to see it a couple of times each visit to Disney World.

I took a little time out while the rest of the family did the Speedway. It was getting pretty warm so we had an ice cream break.

My second favorite ride came next; the Haunted Mansion. It never disappoints. We walked around and decided Mickey’s Philharmagic was the perfect way to relax and enjoy the air conditioning. Next the kids went on the carousel and I rested.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

It was full dark by now and Zoey wanted to see the Little Mermaid. We all got our pictures taken and she said she liked my hair which was the same color. I told her I was her long lost granny. When we left, she waved goodbye to us and said, “Goodbye granny fishy”. Oh how we laughed at that.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We got some pictures taken around the castle and then we went to see Merida. She said she liked my hair and I told her the same thing I told the Little Mermaid. I am your long lost Granny. She laughed and waved goodbye. Next was the 7 Dwarves Mine Train ride. That is really cute, but I have a hard time getting in and out of that one.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We had dinner at the Liberty Tree and it was fabulous. It’s served family style. The turkey just melted in your mouth and the stuffing and mashed potatoes were equally delicious. Karen and Chuck liked the ham, but I have never liked ham so I passed. The dessert was Johnny Appleseed tart with vanilla ice cream. Just scrumptious.

As we were leaving I got to see Tinkerbell fly and watched the fireworks. It was a perfect end to a perfect day.

February 23, 2016 – Today we were back at Animal Kingdom. We spent most of the day finding more Wilderness badges for the kid’s books. We had a light lunch at the Yak and Yeti. I love eating here.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We rode dinosaur and then we saw the Finding Nemo show. What a wonderful show that is. They have such amazing voices.

Now it was time for our last dinner at Boma. Oh we all enjoy that so much.

I can’t believe we only have one more full day in our vacation. Magic Kingdom here we come.

February 24, 2016 – It’s raining, it’s pouring. But we’re at the Magic Kingdom and we don’t care. Chuck and the kids and I got ponchos. I also got a hat because the brim stops the rain from falling on my glasses. We were a happy bunch and the Magic Kingdom was deserted. Karen didn’t get a poncho and was jumping in puddles along with the kids. I just stood in puddles, my jumping days are over. We were rather damp to say the least. Karen was singing “Singing in the Rain” and dancing all over with Jesse. One of the cast members said she wanted to dance in the rain too, so Jesse danced with her. It was very funny.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The photopass guy did tell us to act crazy. HONEST!

ry%3D400

Now here we are back to normal again.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Chuck took Jesse on the Astro Orbiter and the rest of us just walked in a store. They all did the Speedway but again, I opted out. We went on Thunder Mountain and then Chuck, Karen and Jesse went on Splash Mountain. I stayed with Zoey in the little store near there. We all went on Buzz next. Chuck got a perfect score! We had lunch at Pecos Bills. I do love their burgers.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You can see my pathetic score on the left.

Next we went on Buzz again and then we met Buzz. We had to do Carousel of Progress again and then the Haunted Mansion. Country Bears was next and it was fun as usual. We had to stop for a snack and we went back to get cake pops and cookies again at the Big Tent.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

There is a playground for Dumbo. You can wait there until your fastpass is ready or just relax in there while the kids go crazy. Chuck was making sure that I didn’t mind taking the kids for dinner the last day while they had their romantic dinner at Mexico. I said it would be fun. Chuck said, “thanks mom, just for that we won’t put you in a home just yet.” OMG I laughed so hard. I did hit him later on, just because.

ry%3D400

While we were resting, Chuck called the store in the Animal Kingdom Lodge to ask if they had gotten his Adventurer’s Club sign in and they said yes. He asked them to put one aside for him and we would pick it up by the end of the day.

We were rested so we got the kids together and went on Dumbo. Do you know how much fun it is to ride Dumbo in the rain? Yeah, me neither. OK so it was fun; that is until my new hat blew off and fell in the water. ICK! They retrieved it for me and I washed it off in the rest room. It did dry out fine later that night.

ry%3D400

Karen took the kids on the carousel and I found a place out of the rain to watch and wave to Karen and the kids on the carousel.

Chuck wanted to take Jesse to the Shooting Gallery and Karen, Zoey and I went into the Jewelry store to look around. Then Karen took Zoey to meet Tinkerbelle. Zoey was so excited to meet her. We slowed down a bit and took our last ride on the People Mover. We had dinner at the Plaza and saw the Electrical Street Parade. Not quite all of it but most of it and then we went To the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Chuck finally got his sign. We drove home happy and tired. “I’m singing and dancing in the rain”.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

What a fun time you are all having! Loved the parts when you fell asleep - I too have been known to take little "naps" in certain attractions - maybe it's a redhead thing :crazy: (just kidding!) I too have red hair and one of my granddaughters (age 3) has my red hair too. Your grandkids are so adorable! Loved the pace your family took in visiting the parks especially having a couple of relaxing days. Can't wait to read all about your second week!

February 25, 2016 – Our last day! How did that happen? It was just yesterday when we came here. But we were going to make the most of our time. We had slept in a bit and got started at Epcot.

Our first ride was Spaceship Earth. We all just love that ride. I think we did Test Track next. We walked around a little and we separated for lunch. Karen took the kids to Sunshine Seasons and Chuck and I went to the Mexican Cantina. We had the same lunch we had before and it was just as good. We got the beef tacos with rice and black beans. We sat inside and just watched the water in the lagoon there. Did you know there is a place inside at the cantina? SHHHHHHH don’t tell anyone, but right after you get your food, there are two doors. One is for employees and the other isn’t marked but that is the quiet indoor seating. We’ll just keep that between us, OK?

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

My car and Zoey did the design. Pretty and fast!

We got back together with the rest of the family and I stopped in the UK to buy a Doctor Who shirt and the listened to the musicians for a while.

We walked back to Spaceship Earth again; our last time for the vacation. We did the Land ride which is always fun. Then we split up and Chuck and Karen went to their dinner at Mexico and I took the kids to Sunshine Season for dinner. They love it there because they can pick out their own food. After our dinner, I took the kids to The Living Seas and let them look at all the fish upstairs while I sat down. It was very relaxing and the kids got to run around. They did love the fish.

Sadly all good things must come to an end. We all got together and walked out saying good bye to the big golf ball. We got to the house around 6:30pm. I packed the last few things and waited for my limo. He came a few minutes early. Thank goodness because traffic was a bear going to the airport. I got there around 7:30 and everyone in the world was in line for security. I’ve never seen it so crowded. Finally it was my turn. The security guards were very sweet to me and gave me a wooden cane to walk up to the scanner. I got through the scanner and one security guard checked my Tink socks. Nothing in there but feet.

I got my shoes on and my coat and bag but didn’t see my own cane. A young man in back of me handed it right to me. I thought that was so sweet. I got to my gate by 8:10 and found a seat. My gate was the size of a closet with only a couple of rows of seats. But I had a seat. My flight was supposed to board at 9:20 and leave at 9:55. I’m reading and I hear that the Dallas/Fort Worth flight was now boarding. HUH?? Isn’t this the gate for Atlantic City. I checked my boarding pass again. Yep, I’m in the right place, but I don’t think I’m going to Dallas/Fort Worth. It seems that their plane was delayed and so mine was too. My plane would be leaving until 10:30. That meant that I would get home until 12:30am on Friday. Finally we boarded and the flight was uneventful.

My cousin Joan was waiting for me and we laughed that it was so late and we were both so tired. I got home around 15 minutes later. I jumped into my jammies and kissed my bed. It’s always nice to come home and sleep in your own bed again.

Even though it was late, I called Chuck to tell him I was home. I really hated to wake him because I knew they were going to leave in the wee hours on Friday morning.

Their drive home was fine until South Carolina. The computer in their van died. The service man at a dealership did what he could but a replacement part wouldn’t be available for three weeks. EEEKKK! He jury rigged the computer so that they could drive home, but without a gas gauge and some other things. And for an additional annoyance they had a constant PING going for the next 11 hours of driving. They did make it safely home, and that is what matters.

This has been such a wonderful vacation. I must thank Chuck and Karen for all the planning and making reservations and fastpasses. They did an awesome job.

Now it’s only 215 more days until our October trip!

Thank you heaven2dc. We did have a wonderful time and I can't wait for our October trip.

Now I wasn't the only one to fall asleep.

ry%3D400

Zoey was so tired she fell asleep using Chuck's foot as a pillow.

What a wonderful time! We did multiple trips last year and it can get very addictive! Enjoyed your trip report!

I enjoyed reading your trip report, thank you for posting! Your family is beautiful, and congrats to Karen's for her running! That's impressive!

It sounds as if you all had a marvelous time, and I LOVE how you all handled a rainy day--you are my kinda people!

We have never gone to Universal, but after your report we may have to think about that.

I have a confession to make--I love Lawrence Welk, too. I used to watch him with my grandma while I set her hair on Saturday night for church on Sunday. Many years later he was on re-runs on PBS and I would watch it with my kids. Corny, maybe, but a nice reminder of a gentler, slower time. :)

Thanks again for your report!

Wow! Impressive body of work-thanks for all your effort. Looks like a fabulous trip.

W O W ! That was a wonderful report... so worth waiting for, humorous and so easy to follow. The picture/story of you asleep made me laugh. Thank you for sharing your trip with your beautiful family with us. Looks like a fun bunch!

Great report, great trip! I always enjoy reading about how much fun you have with your family.

I got home from Disneyland late last night and am having serious Disney withdrawal! Thanks for sharing your trip report to bring back some of the magic!

what a great trip report, I sure enjoyed it!! I loved all the pictures and I can't wait to read about your next trips!! Your family is so cute and so are you!!

Thank you all for posting. I really appreciate your responses. I did have fun taking notes each day and then putting them into my report each night. We had so many pictures to choose from. We had over 3,500, from Chuck's camera, Karen's camera and the Photopass people.

Calitex, nice to know another Lawrence Welk fan. Those shows bring back nice memories for me too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter