FAMILY TRIP TO WDW

What a fun report, It makes me wish I could have come with you and your family. I also have many fond memories of watching Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights with my parents.

Thank you so much dazedx3. I do love writing these trip reports. I can relive the whole trip anytime I want and not forget anything.

Well, I cannot believe I missed your TR! I rarely visit the DIS anymore so do miss a lot. This was such a fun trip to read about - kudos to Karen!!! THREE Medals!! Way to go....very impressive. I would love to do the 5k in January some day...mayay be for my 70th if I can find someone willing to do a long weekend Girls Disney trip. The 5k is around World Showcase and can be walked, which is perfect for me. We all walk so much at WDW that the 5k around WS would be very doable. Wish me luck!

Anyway....it is now July so you all must be getting very excited for the October and Dec trips!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED the Halloween Party and I am not even a big Halloween fan in general! The fireworks are awesome...and you will have s much fun going Trick or Treating...it was like being a kid again for a night. So much fun!!

Of course, nowhere compares to Disney decorated for the Holidays...it is too bad you didn't get to see the Osborne Lights (or have you been during the holidays before?)....it was quite something and disappointing for everyone I know who loves Disney during the holidays. Maybe Disney will come up with something else in the future.

Are you all going to the Christmas Party? I've done it twice (maybe 3 times)... The Christmas a parade is womdefful and I always go teary when Santa arrives at the end.

Very excited for you all and your upcoming trips!! Where will you stay for the shorter trips?

Happy planning!!

Good to see you again Minnie&Nana. I think I am looking forward to Trick or Treating at Disney more than the kids. I am really looking forward to the Halloween parade to see the Headless Horseman. I've heard that is awesome.

Ron and I have been to the Christmas party a couple of times. It was a lot of fun. We always used to go the second week in December so we could see the Osborne Lights and the arch at Epcot. Sometimes we would be the last people to leave, just so we could watch the arch change with the Christmas carols. I went with Chuck and Karen once at Christmas time when Jesse was little and we saw the Osborne Lights but I doubt he remembers it. It's sad that they will no longer be there.

On our December trip Karen and I will dress up as our favorite animals. Yes we are strange. Karen loves flamingos and has a flamingo hat and sunglasses. I love owls and have an owl pendant, earrings and a t shirt. I'm also going to wear a gray headband with some gray feathers in it. See. I told you we were strange. We will just do this one day when we are at AK.

I am so looking forward to these trips.

Thanks for reading.

I love that you and Karen will be dressing up as your favorite animals (I love Flamimgos too!)....what about for the Halloween party? I am too shy to wear a costume but I loved trick or treating in the park!! It is true, I had more fun than the kids!

Thanks so much for sharing your trips with us...I enjoy it so much!

Karen and I will be wearing the owl and flamingo stuff in December, and just for our day in AK. LOL For Halloween Karen and I will be pirates, Jesse will be Indiana Jones and Zoey will be Ariel. Chuck will be Chuck.

I just read your trip report and had to tell you how much I loved it! You have a unique way of writing- to the point and genuine, with insight and humor. Your love for your family shines through!

I am a grandma (just got back last month from WDW with my family, including my three grandkids!) and I really enjoy reading trip reports by other grandmothers. Two of my grandkids are close to the ages of your two, so I really enjoyed reading about your trip! Your grandkids are adorable. I can so relate to the post about your grandkids shaping your hair into various styles while in the swimming pool! :rotfl: And I love the two photos of you with your grandkids on the People Mover. Truly photos to cherish!

I am VERY impressed with all the wild rides you went on!:thumbsup2 I am not a fan of coasters or anything that goes too fast or spins too much!:scared1: :scared:

Thanks so much for sharing your adventures, and I hope your upcoming trips will be as much fun as the one you just wrote about!

Thank you so much luvflorida, for the nice compliments. Thank you for the compliment on my grandkids too. They are so looking forward to our trip in October and December. Wellllll, so am I. LOL The first time I went on Rockin Roller Coaster I was petrified, but I was determined to do it. I was so proud of myself and I loved it. Jesse loved it too. He was so brave to try it.

They both love to give me hair styles in the pool. They also love it when I dry my hair. I make sure to have it standing up in all directions so they will laugh at my new hairdo.

I will be writing trip reports on our upcoming trips too, so stay tuned.

Reading your original posts and this trip report. I just want to say that your son, DIL (love her, she looks like the sweetest) and your beautiful grandchildren are great. You are very blessed
to have such a happy and great family.

I am in NJ also, you are so lucky to get down to WDW three times in one year. We go yearly but my husband is not the biggest fan and after the last trip, he complained about being there (what's wrong with him?). Think we are going to skip next year. Maybe I will go down with my children and leave hubby home. We all love it but him.

Thank you for reading kandb. My daughter in law is the sweetest person in the world. And she tortures me to no end. LOL She gets me giggling every time we are together. I am so blessed to have such a caring family.

We usually go to DW every two years. But this year is a one time thing. We wanted the kids to see the Halloween decorations and party and the Christmas decorations and party. The grownups want to visit the food and wine festival.

My husband loved DW and we went every year for many years. When he retired we could only go every two years. After he passed, I spread some of his ashes at his favorite places there.

I'm from south Jersey around the Smithville area. Not too far from Atlantic City.

I just finished your trip report and LOVED it! I felt as if I were right there with you Can't wait to read your future reports!

Hi Angelrose! I also just finished reading your whole TR this afternoon. I loved the photos and your writing style...to the point and very funny at times! It looks like you had a blast! What a fun family. Everyone is always smiling! It put me in a good mood. We are visiting this Nov. again after being there in June. First time for the family, but I had been in Nov. before with my SIL when they still had Super Soap wknd. So I have seen the Osborne lights before. Too bad they are no more as the rest would've loved them. But that's ok. We may very well likely do the Christmas party. So that would be a first for us all! :goodvibes You and your family are adorable!! ::yes::

We are staying offsite as well. We love Windsor Hills!!:thumbsup2

Looking forward to your next report and we'll be that much closer to our Nov. trip!:jumping1:

I really enjoyed reading your trip report angelrose. I'm looking forward to reading about your upcoming trips!

Thank you so much mommalovesglitt, BellaBaby and Susan R for reading. I love writing trip reports. I think in a previous life I was a real writer. LOL We did have a blast and we didn't stop laughing through the whole trip. Especially that rainy day. I am so lucky to have such a great son and daughter in law, not to mention my wonderful grandchildren.

I am mostly all packed and only 12 days to go! But I'm not excited at all, Nope, not a bit as you can tell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter