Fall/Fall Advantage 2008

Is anyone still looking for a roomate, I arrive on may 28th???? I want to live at chatham, one or twno bedroom.

If you do, please contact me!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I've had a really bad day. First off, my two college friends who planned on going to the CP with me from the start are unable to go because of grades. One of them was even suppossed to be my roommate for the program and now i'm really having doubts about actually going. I know this is an experience to meet new people and I completely understand that. When I first applied for the CP I planned on going alone, but after so many months of anticipations of sharing this experience with my friends I now feel completely fallen because i'm not sure if I can make it through with no one from home close to me and that scares me.

Advice is welcomed, please PM me.

:(

So, I've had a really bad day. First off, my two college friends who planned on going to the CP with me from the start are unable to go because of grades. One of them was even suppossed to be my roommate for the program and now i'm really having doubts about actually going. I know this is an experience to meet new people and I completely understand that. When I first applied for the CP I planned on going alone, but after so many months of anticipations of sharing this experience with my friends I now feel completely fallen because i'm not sure if I can make it through with no one from home close to me and that scares me.

I'm sorry to hear that about your friends. But it will be ok. There will be plenty of other people who are in the same boat as you. Don't turn down this experience because of this. It will be ok.:hug:

Hello, I'm from Puerto Rico too. When are you arriving? And don't worry about that I'm with you, I felt the same way but then a realize that this is an aportunity of a lifetime. Not everybody have this aportunites.:hug:

Opposed to what everyone else said... if you don't feel ready then I would wait. The program is not going anywhere and since you're so young you'll get the opportunity to apply again in the future. I would have loved to do the CP when I was younger, but I wasn't ready either.

I'm finally going - I'm 24 - and I have no regrets on waiting... I feel more prepared now and have a very specific plan on what I want to get out of the experience. I read all these posts about people feeling nervous and anxious about meeting new people, theirs jobs, etc - to be honest, I have none of those feelings and I think that's because of my age and just general life experience.

Just wanted to join in on the thread!!! i've applied for the CP Grad program starting October 2008!!! just wanted to meet others going threw the application process or will be down around that time!!!

:)
my msn is valeria_chiappetta@hotmail.com

if anyone wants to chat :)

Just wanted to join in on the thread!!! i've applied for the CP Grad program starting October 2008!!! just wanted to meet others going threw the application process or will be down around that time!!!

:)

if anyone wants to chat :)

Well welcome. What are you hoping to get?

im hoping for consierge/front end resort! or attractions!!

i see your doing attractions as well?!?! congradulations! :)

Yupp I am. How long ago did you interview? I added you on MSN (bgray37 at hotmail) Message me if i'm ever on.

I was so in the same boat when my bf found out he wasn't going to be able to go. i felt like the program would not be the same as compared to what we had been looking forward to experiencing together!!!! But, I relized that it just wasn't meant to be and now that I've come to terms with it...I'm still very excited about completing the program. Who knows, maybe having your friends there would have ended up hindering your ability to meet new awesome disney friends!!!:confused3

But I too am extremely nervous about being away from home/meeting new friends...I think everyone has at least a little bit of apprehension...afterall it's very hard to know what to expect. When are you arriving???

I was so in the same boat when my bf found out he wasn't going to be able to go. i felt like the program would not be the same as compared to what we had been looking forward to experiencing together!!!! But, I relized that it just wasn't meant to be and now that I've come to terms with it...I'm still very excited about completing the program. Who knows, maybe having your friends there would have ended up hindering your ability to meet new awesome disney friends!!!:confused3

But I too am extremely nervous about being away from home/meeting new friends...I think everyone has at least a little bit of apprehension...afterall it's very hard to know what to expect in this big change. When are you arriving???

Well, after much debating and a consultation with my doctor about my condition I have decided to not attend the College Program this year. I talked with my doctor about not being completely comfortable with my recently discovered Hypoglicemia she advised me that this perhaps wasn't the best time and I should wait until I was more comfortable with it. So, due to that and not feeling personally ready for such a big step i've decided to stay. I've already canceled and everyone at Disney seemed very supportive and told me to apply again when I felt ready for the program. So i'll be doing that, more likely after I graduate because it's still and experience I want to have and i'm sure in a few more years I will be ready for it.

Thanks to everyone for the support! :goodvibes:

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will be able to apply again soon.:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter