Fall/Fall Advantage 2008

Mrs.CptnJackSparrow

Official Fall PI
Hey! I thought I would start a thread now that the application is available. Im so excited. I already scheduled my phone Interview for next Tuesday, Jan 22. Any advice? What kind of questions do they ask?

Good Luck to everyone!!

Yeah! I need to set up my interview too, but first I need to get all the details straightened out with my college on how credit is going to work and so on. I'm doing that tomorrow. I'm also curious about what questions they will be asking...any advice!?? :confused3 :banana:

some of the questions they ask are about what roles you checked off.
they will ask you questions about you, to figure out who you are and get a background... like about school and your disney experiences.
i had a question where the interviewer asked me what I would do if a child was too short for a ride (attractions) or, what would you do if a family wanted to eat in your restaurant, but all seats were filled (full service food), or what would you do if a guest wanted to find a specific item, but you didn;t have it in your store (merchandise)...

I love that there is already a fall/fall advantage thread! I'd love to start meeting you all for possible roommates!!!

To piggy back on what Katy said - a question they ask for character performers is "what would you do if a child was pulling on you?" As long as you sound really excited about the program and indicate that love Disney you should be good to go. They are looking for energetic people who would be good at helping the guests at the park.

I've just finished my application, but will be going to a campus presentation on Feb. 18th - that's ironically the same day I have to give my Oral Defense (to earn my Masters degree), so it'll be a big day for me - hope my nerve can handle it!

I can't wait for the audition info to be posted, anyone thinking of auditioning in Chicago?!?

Thanks everyone for the great advice for my phone interview. Im so excited and nervous.

Berlioz70, Im auditioning too, but Orlando, which I know will be super crowded. I visited your livejournal and its funny how we have almost the same choice. Mine is entertainment (i know its difficult but I'd love to be Jasmin), then attractions (Kilmanjaro Safaris), and then BBB was but I changed my mind and choosing Character attendant and Hospitality.

Chicago audition here!!
I am pretty excited! I cannot wait! It has been a long 8 month wait!
If I want to go into entertainment, when is the best time to do my phone interview? i want to do it near my audition date, but the dates are not up on the disney audition web site...
any suggestions on what i should do?

Thanks everyone for the great advice for my phone interview. Im so excited and nervous.

Berlioz70, Im auditioning too, but Orlando, which I know will be super crowded. I visited your livejournal and its funny how we have almost the same choice. Mine is entertainment (i know its difficult but I'd love to be Jasmin), then attractions (Kilmanjaro Safaris), and then BBB was but I changed my mind and choosing Character attendant and Hospitality.

Oh that is funny! At least it doesn't sound like we'd be competing against each other for anything :hug:

I feel like I check the audition dates every day (even though they won't be posted until mid-February). That can just not come soon enough for me! What's your height?

Chicago audition here!!
I am pretty excited! I cannot wait! It has been a long 8 month wait!
If I want to go into entertainment, when is the best time to do my phone interview? i want to do it near my audition date, but the dates are not up on the disney audition web site...
any suggestions on what i should do?

You actually want to make sure you do it far enough in advance from the audition to allow for enough time to receive your invitation. I'm guessing they already know some of the dates, but are just waiting to post them until they know them all. The dates are supposed to be posted by mid-February, I would suggest waiting to interview until you know where you are going and it's date so that they can put you down for a specific place/date during the interview.

Last semester I did my interview three days before the audition and it was really tight. First the interviewer had to decide if they thought I would be good as a character, then they passed my name onto someone else. Typically an applicant would receive an official offer to attend the audition via e-mail; but because of my quick turn around between the interview and audition, my recruiter had to make some extra calls for me and I received a phone call from the entertainment department instead of an e-mail.

I did the audition at Omaha in October - it went really really well and I was offered a role (see blog for an explanation on why I had to decline)! A friend of mind did Chicago, she said there were about 100 people there in the fall and she made it through as well.

After the dates are posted I'll have a better idea where I'm going - but Chicago is the closest for me too, maybe I'll see you there!

Im 5'3 and 3/4" lol... I say 5'4" lol pretty difficult height range I think its chipmunk height. I have my interview tuesday, will they send me a letter that Im accepted but waiting on my audition? like meaning im accepted no matter what just waiting on which role? do they do that? wow so many questions

Im 5'3 and 3/4" lol... I say 5'4" lol pretty difficult height range I think its chipmunk height. I have my interview tuesday, will they send me a letter that Im accepted but waiting on my audition? like meaning im accepted no matter what just waiting on which role? do they do that? wow so many questions

5'3-5'4 - I think Chipmunk is right - or it might be Pooh - sounds like your in a good place because they could either pull you up or down based on what they need.

Yes, you're right. I received a very brief acceptance letter that basically said they are waiting to hear about my audition. Because my audition was the first weekend they did auditions - I waited over two weeks to hear back from Entertainment. I then got my acceptance for Entertainment via e-mail:

"Congratulations! You passed your recent Walt Disney World® Character Audition and will be invited to participate in a Character Performer Role in the Disney College Program!!

You will receive your official Disney College Program invitation within the next few weeks, and it will provide you with all the information you need to make a decision about participating in the program."

After that I received a packet in the mail with more information on how to accept the position. A friend of mine did one of the last auditions and she got her e-mail in less than 5 days - I was very jealous!

Based on what I've read through these threads, if you do not make it through the audition then you'll get an e-mail from Entertainment telling you that and will have to wait for another letter with your role offer (I may be wrong about that though). Hopefully you won't have to worry about that :cheer2:

I would suggest waiting to interview until you know where you are going and it's date so that they can put you down for a specific place/date during the interview.

I did the audition at Omaha in October - it went really really well and I was offered a role (see blog for an explanation on why I had to decline)! A friend of mind did Chicago, she said there were about 100 people there in the fall and she made it through as well.

After the dates are posted I'll have a better idea where I'm going - but Chicago is the closest for me too, maybe I'll see you there!

Thanks for that advice, as I wasn't sure when I should call for my interview, so I guess I'll wait until the audition dates are posted as well. As far as the audition process, I've read a little about what goes on at the Audition, but I really want to find out more....what was your audition like?

So the interviewer's might ask some questions regarding your role and "what would you do if" type of questions? Hmm...what would I do if a kid was pulling on me? Is there a right answer to this? I'm not sure what I would say...:scared:

Thanks for that advice, as I wasn't sure when I should call for my interview, so I guess I'll wait until the audition dates are posted as well. As far as the audition process, I've read a little about what goes on at the Audition, but I really want to find out more....what was your audition like?

So the interviewer's might ask some questions regarding your role and "what would you do if" type of questions? Hmm...what would I do if a kid was pulling on me? Is there a right answer to this? I'm not sure what I would say...:scared:

I have no idea what the right answer is either: I said I thought they would be pulling on me for a couple of different reasons, either to get attention or to be mean. So I said something along the lines on getting down on the child's level (costume permitting of course) and giving he or she a hug/attention. Or indicating to the character attendant that I need some help - all without using my voice!

You can read my blog for a brief overview of the audition, let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to know!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking for that question. I read your blog and it was helpful! I'm off to do more investigating...

I've got a question - I submitted my application earlier today but have not recieved an e-mail confirming they got it. Are we supposed to get an e-mail, does anyone know how long it takes?

Berlioz70, I applied yesterday night around this time and got the confirmation letter this morning. So dont worry. Im not too too worried about the audition. I have done many dance auditions and did ballet my whole life. So animating (pantomine) isnt too far fetched for me. But I try to stay grounded. Disney is pretty picky.

SOoo I have another question from you. I think I have read the answer to my question before but I will ask again. If I dont get an entertainment role, am i still able to get my second choice? or am i left to whatever they want to put me.

Berlioz70, I applied yesterday night around this time and got the confirmation letter this morning. So dont worry. Im not too too worried about the audition. I have done many dance auditions and did ballet my whole life. So animating (pantomine) isnt too far fetched for me. But I try to stay grounded. Disney is pretty picky.

SOoo I have another question from you. I think I have read the answer to my question before but I will ask again. If I dont get an entertainment role, am i still able to get my second choice? or am i left to whatever they want to put me.

My understanding is that they'll cast you as if you hadn't indicated Entertainment. In other words, they'll still have your list of which ones you preferenced, but there is no guarantee that you ever get your first pick.

This may have been unique to me because I only selected three roles, but they never asked my preference order - they viewed the three equally I think. So if I didn't get entertainment, I think they would have just given me the role that they needed more people for.

Another question...I've been doing a ton of researching this evening...:thumbsup2

So, I will be attending a "presentation" on a college campus that is near mine since DCP isn't visiting my campus... but this presentation is not until April 10.

I plan on auditioning in Oklahoma City and I'm wondering... if the auditions in OK come before my campus presentation on April 10th...should I go ahead and just do the e-presentation and interview well before my audition? Or do you think that auditions won't be until after April? Or do you think it's not going to matter if I audition before I interview?

(I've already viewed the e-presentation, but was going to go to a live presentation too before I interview)

Your help and advice is much appreciated!!! :flower3:

Another question...I've been doing a ton of researching this evening...:thumbsup2

So, I will be attending a "presentation" on a college campus that is near mine since DCP isn't visiting my campus... but this presentation is not until April 10.

I plan on auditioning in Oklahoma City and I'm wondering... if the auditions in OK come before my campus presentation on April 10th...should I go ahead and just do the e-presentation and interview well before my audition? Or do you think that auditions won't be until after April? Or do you think it's not going to matter if I audition before I interview?

(I've already viewed the e-presentation, but was going to go to a live presentation too before I interview)

Ooooo - I completely understand your concern! Last fall, some people showed up to the auditions (without interviewing or being invited) and it really wasn't a big deal. They still auditioned with the rest of us, but then they were told to home immediately, watch the presentation, and get their interviews set up.

I liked doing the interview beforehand, because if I had any questions about the process they were the best people to ask!

The following is in regards to my institution, I'm not sure if all recruiters are the same - The advantage to visiting the campus presentation was that all of the campus reps were there and they each talked about their roles/experiences, they also did a kind of panel thing. As for the actual presentation - it's identical. The recruiter really didn't answer any questions, the student reps handled ALL of the questions.

If you look at the list on-line it has the advisor's name for each insitution. I'm betting that even though your institution isn't going to be visited, there is still probably someone on campus that works with students in the program. I'd suggest contacting the person on-line to get the name of your contact person - then they can put you in contact with a student campus rep to answer all of your specific questions.

If I were in your situation, I would wait until the dates are posted to see if the one in OK is before or after the 10th. If it is before, then I would go ahead and do the e-presentation/interview, then attend the college presentation later if you have any more questions.

Also you should keep checking back because this list isn't 100% complete yet. There might be a soon presentation for you to attend. Push comes to shove you can always do the online presentation and interview, and then just go to the presentation to make sure you didn't miss anything. Because last semester they actually ran out of space and they are doing a summer program which means even less space in the summer (housing-wise. once the beds are full they stop hiring people) you should interview as soon as you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter