Fall 2010 Professional Internships

alumni only are up.

Disney College Program Alumni-Only
Professional Internships Application
Thank you for your interest in Disney Professional Internships!

We are not accepting applications at this time.

Fall 2010 Disney College Program Alumni-Only Professional Internships will be posted mid-late January 2010.

?

Disney College Program Alumni-Only
Professional Internships Application
Thank you for your interest in Disney Professional Internships!

We are not accepting applications at this time.

Fall 2010 Disney College Program Alumni-Only Professional Internships will be posted mid-late January 2010.

?

Thank you for your interest in our Company and for taking the time to apply for WDW Professional Internship (College Program Alumni Only) - Fall 2010.

We are reviewing the background and experience of those who have applied for this position and may contact those individuals whose experience aligns with the qualifications of this position.

Again, we thank you for your time and interest in our Company!

The Walt Disney Company and affiliated companies

:confused3

Thank you for your interest in our Company and for taking the time to apply for WDW Professional Internship (College Program Alumni Only) - Fall 2010.

We are reviewing the background and experience of those who have applied for this position and may contact those individuals whose experience aligns with the qualifications of this position.

Again, we thank you for your time and interest in our Company!

The Walt Disney Company and affiliated companies

:confused3

I'm confused, too. There are CP alumni only and regular PIs posted if you look around at all the different job descriptions.

Hopefully any current or former PI's can answer this.

Did any of you apply/accept a spot in the CP as a backup plan? If so, and you were accepted into a PI position, were you able to have your program fee transferred to the PI fee? (Totally understandable if that's not the case, just curious.) Also, if you accepted, how did you notify them you were doing a PI instead?

You can accept the CP then get hired for the PI. There are no negative effects of doing this. The $100 does count if you are in housing for your PI. Not everyone opts into housing.

I had my phone interview scheduled for 10 am this morning. The interviewer called the wrong number. Another 26 hours of stress....love it :surfweb:

Hopefully any current or former PI's can answer this.

Did any of you apply/accept a spot in the CP as a backup plan? If so, and you were accepted into a PI position, were you able to have your program fee transferred to the PI fee? (Totally understandable if that's not the case, just curious.) Also, if you accepted, how did you notify them you were doing a PI instead?

I accepted the CP for Spring 2009 as a backup plan, which was a good thing as the economy caused Disney to cancel all but a few of the management internship positions. I wound up coming as a CP. There was noise about the internships not being offered for the Fall as well, so I applied and accepted an extension of my CP. In April, out of the blue, they called and offered me a management internship for the Fall. After I accepted, I called the CP office, explained, and declined the extension. She congratulated me profusely and wished me well.

I had been told when I applied for the PI that it would be no problem to transfer the program fee, btw.

Just remember, though, that you can't be here on a student program longer than 12 months, so you can do a regular CP season and a PI, but not advantage, nor can you extend your PI at the end of your program. I did not know that going into the PI and my leader tried to get them to let me extend, but it was "no". I did wind up getting statused, but my situation is extremely unique.

I had my phone interview scheduled for 10 am this morning. The interviewer called the wrong number. Another 26 hours of stress....love it :surfweb:

Oh NO!!! I was sending all kinds of pixie dust today, so I'll keep it coming (it never expires anyway... ;) )

I accepted the CP for Spring 2009 as a backup plan, which was a good thing as the economy caused Disney to cancel all but a few of the management internship positions. I wound up coming as a CP. There was noise about the internships not being offered for the Fall as well, so I applied and accepted an extension of my CP. In April, out of the blue, they called and offered me a management internship for the Fall. After I accepted, I called the CP office, explained, and declined the extension. She congratulated me profusely and wished me well.

I had been told when I applied for the PI that it would be no problem to transfer the program fee, btw.

Just remember, though, that you can't be here on a student program longer than 12 months, so you can do a regular CP season and a PI, but not advantage, nor can you extend your PI at the end of your program. I did not know that going into the PI and my leader tried to get them to let me extend, but it was "no". I did wind up getting statused, but my situation is extremely unique.

Thanks so much Gray!

I did know about the 12 months, which is why I applied for Fall only, in the event I was rejected for the Fall PI.

You might know this too, were you able to upload a cover letter to the Alumni Only application? Or did you only apply for Management PI's?

Thanks again for the help. At first I did a far back search for PI threads and saw that this was discouraged, then I saw your post saying that it was fine. I'm glad you saw this thread and reassured me!

One more question (sorry!) and this is open to everyone: What was the screening interview like? Do you remember any of the questions? It was so easy to prepare for the CP interview because of the wealth of information. It is much harder for the PI!

Thanks so much Gray!

I did know about the 12 months, which is why I applied for Fall only, in the event I was rejected for the Fall PI.

You might know this too, were you able to upload a cover letter to the Alumni Only application? Or did you only apply for Management PI's?

Thanks again for the help. At first I did a far back search for PI threads and saw that this was discouraged, then I saw your post saying that it was fine. I'm glad you saw this thread and reassured me!

One more question (sorry!) and this is open to everyone: What was the screening interview like? Do you remember any of the questions? It was so easy to prepare for the CP interview because of the wealth of information. It is much harder for the PI!

You are very welcome! I can't help with the cover letter question as there was no "alumni only" option for Spring '09. I understand they revamped the system the following semester.

The initial interview, as I recall, was simply making sure you understood the requirements as far as Disney Look, transportation, etc. The second screening was more about why I wanted to work for Disney and then situational questions, "Give me an example of a time you..." kind of things. There was discussion about the roles I had chosen (I had both management and non-management, 5, if I recall...) then the interviewer told me she would be moving my application forward in all 5 areas. After that, I only received one interview request for the Retail Management internship.

You are very welcome! I can't help with the cover letter question as there was no "alumni only" option for Spring '09. I understand they revamped the system the following semester.

The initial interview, as I recall, was simply making sure you understood the requirements as far as Disney Look, transportation, etc. The second screening was more about why I wanted to work for Disney and then situational questions, "Give me an example of a time you..." kind of things. There was discussion about the roles I had chosen (I had both management and non-management, 5, if I recall...) then the interviewer told me she would be moving my application forward in all 5 areas. After that, I only received one interview request for the Retail Management internship.

Thank you so much!! :)

Question - I applied for an Animal Programs internship the other day. It said to have my transcript saved in my computer, but the application never asked for it. Did I miss something, or is that something they'll ask for if I pass some sort of screening? And about how soon do you think I'll hear anything?

Thanks!!

Did anyone attach a cover letter for a specific position for Alumni Only? I'm only applying for one.

Did anyone attach a cover letter for a specific position for Alumni Only? I'm only applying for one.

Yes, I uploaded two separate cover letters on my work bench profile. Granted, they were incredibly similiar to one another, but I still thought it would be good to have one for each position.

Yes, I uploaded two separate cover letters on my work bench profile. Granted, they were incredibly similiar to one another, but I still thought it would be good to have one for each position.

Thanks so much!! I haven't filled out the app yet (this week!) and I was worried that after I poured a huge amount of time into my cover letter, I wouldn't be able to upload it because it's like a common application.

I'm sure this has been asked, but what is everyone applying for?

Just had my screening interview. I don't think it went that well. When she asked about my job history, all of my jobs were out of order. At the end, I asked her if she was passing my resume on instead of asking the most professional "Is there any reason you do not believe I am qualified for these positions". My answers just seemed kind of all over the place. Oh well, she said I would know something in about four weeks. Here is to waiting and praying.

I applied for Lodging Management, Retail Management, Operations Management, Guest Relations and Training and Development

Just had my screening interview. I don't think it went that well. When she asked about my job history, all of my jobs were out of order. At the end, I asked her if she was passing my resume on instead of asking the most professional "Is there any reason you do not believe I am qualified for these positions". My answers just seemed kind of all over the place. Oh well, she said I would know something in about four weeks. Here is to waiting and praying.

I applied for Lodging Management, Retail Management, Operations Management, Guest Relations and Training and Development

I'm sorry! :( Don't think for the worst quite yet.

Could you post what your questions were? If you rather send a PM, that's fine too. :)

So I had my MI screening interview last Friday. It was rather awkward as I couldn't really hear the recruiter and had to keep asking her to repeat herself (it sounded like perhaps she had a headset on and the mouthpiece was too far away or something!)

But she was very nice and at the end said I did a fantastic job.
That night I filled out the PI Alumni application. I had THAT screening interview scheduled for yesterday... and the same woman called!

She said that technically the screening interview she did for Management Internships would apply to the alumni-only PIs as well, but that she saw my name and recognized it since I did such a fantastic job last week and wanted to call back to ask some more role-specific questions for the new PIs I applied for and ask my top 4 choices overall!

She said at the end "You did a fantastic job last week, and continued to do so today, and I'm very hopeful that something good will come your way."

I'm really happy! Like I said, it was very awkward so I thought I didnt' do very well - but I guess it was fine! I mean, she was very nice so she could just be saying that haha but it makes me cautiously optimistic... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter