Fall 2010 Professional Internships

sneekypeeks

Mouseketeer
Hey guys, figured I would get the thread started. Anyone hear when the applications will be up? I figure around mid February. I am applying for the Food and Beverage and the Retail Management Internships.

Is there a Fall 2010 PI Facebook page yet?

Yes, there is. But it only has like 10 members.

I just posted a thread like this as well, so I guess everyone can disregard that.

I'm going for Guest Relations.

I have heard that non alumni/management ones will be posted tomorrow/today (the 22nd) but I am not positive of this by any means.

I'm applying for a few. Rooms and Related Management, Magic Kingdom Event Assistant and Disney Event Group Client Concierge. I heard these were all extremely competitive (ha, but which one's aren't?). If I don't get it, I think i'm moving down regardless and going full time and trying to work my way up.

I'm waiting to apply!

I'd like to apply to a marketing internship, a management internship, and GR.

Does anyone know how the hours for Florida-Site (Non-Management) PIs work? Is it sorta like the CP in that they're scheduled a large number of hours?

I'm a Hospitality Major up at Valencia CC in Orlando, and need to do an internship as part of my program. Because we're local, WDW posts Internships through our Placement Office that only requires 10 hours per week, which would work much better with the whole going to school factor.

If I did apply for a PI, I would probably be going for something in HR (Casting Services/College Recruiting/Human Resources) or Guest Relations.

Most of the PIs are O&T so you work the regular 40 hours a week. Based on the ones you mentioned, I'd say you're looking at a 8-4:30 schedule M-F. Guest Relations would be different.

I will be applying for a few different Finance positions (Advisory and Assurance, Financial Reporting).

I am an interior architecture major. So I will be sending in my resume for an Engineering PI, specifically for interior design or architecture. I also want to apply for Disney Design Group.

I will consider more as they are posted, but I definitely want to stay in design in some shape or form. I just want to see their descriptions and requirements before I make my decision.

Has anyone applied for a management PI before? I am putting the finishing touches on my resume, and was wondering if we are supposed to submit a cover letter with it?

Thank you! I know I'm supposed to put my resume on my profile. So I assume when I click on "apply for job" that is when I submit my cover letter?

Some Finance PI's went up yesterday. I have not started the app's yet as I do not think they are all listed because there was more last session.

I am confused...

One some of the postings, it states:

Materials Required:

College transcripts (official or unofficial)

So, do I attach a transcript with my resume, or wait on sending that until they ask?

Thanks! :)

I'm curious about this as well. Should I just put them all into the same document?

Trying to remember, but it seems like there was a place to build a profile first. When you clicked to download your files, you had the option of choosing resume or cover letter, so each document could be downloaded independently. It's been awhile, though, so you might have to play with it.

As a current CM I use the internal process: I have my seven different resumes saved to my profile. Then when I apply for a role I select the Resume I want and then upload a new Cover Letter written specifically for that role.

It's been a long time since I used the external process, but I'm thinking it's the same way?

I applied for the Lodging PI so far, and basically, you go ahead and upload your resume onto your "profile"... then once you select "apply for job" it immediately takes you to upload a cover letter. After that it's pretty routine application questions. The overall process took me about 15 minutes. Now I'm just hoping for an interview.

I heard alumni applications will be up first week of february, but by no means am i sure of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter