Fall 2008 PIs

It did sound that way. She asked me what I had the interview in and she said give it till the end of the week, so I hope that is good news!

Makinmusic- what did you apply for? I also had an interview 2 weeks ago today so I called casting today to see if they could give me any information and they say to wait till the end of the week and see, she said that they may still be figuring out things.

I interviewed for ticketing and education coordinator for the college program.
Thanks for letting me know! I figured I wouldn't get a call right at two weeks but still every time my phone rings I run to it like a crazy person. lol :rotfl2:

makinmusic-

I've tried...they just say that it is now in the hands of the recruiters and that you will hear from them one way or another...meaning even if you don't get the position you should get an email or something.

Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck, as well!!

Dancinralph: did your husband hear anything? I thought we were supposed to hear something either way at the beginning of the week.:cheer2:

Nope, he hasn't heard anything :( They did tell him he would hear either way, but they are either behind or they just didn't tell people who didn't get the position. Did you apply for any other PI's?

yeah but DVC was my only second interview, my recruiter said I should be getting a call for another one but I didn't hear anything about it yet. :cheer2:

My husband applied for 4. DVC, brand marketing, another marketing one and another merchandise one. They said he would get a call for more second interviews but hasn't. I don't know what the deal is. He is really qualified, had a great resume and is definitely Disney material! :) I guess though that almost everyone who applied probably is all those things too though. I keep hoping that they are just really behind, but the realisitic side of me is thinking that it might be over! Good luck to you, I hope you do hear something!

My husband applied for 4. DVC, brand marketing, another marketing one and another merchandise one. They said he would get a call for more second interviews but hasn't. I don't know what the deal is. He is really qualified, had a great resume and is definitely Disney material! :) I guess though that almost everyone who applied probably is all those things too though. I keep hoping that they are just really behind, but the realisitic side of me is thinking that it might be over! Good luck to you, I hope you do hear something!

Dont think that because your husband is well qualified and not been contacted, that the others are better qualified. The last 2 batches of PIs that I have seen personally at my work locations were less qualified than many of the cast members that they were working with.

1 paticular PI that I worked with had no prior college program experience, had no prior work experience, didnt do her job, and was mean and rude to her cast members and the guests.

I dont know how they select the PIs that make it into the program, but so far at my work location they are 1 for 4. 1 great one, 2 bad ones, and 1 horrific one.

On a less than steller note however, the great PI didnt manage to get a TA or statused position, the 2 bad ones and 1 horrific one are now full time managers at Disney ( well one is still waiting on the official word )

Dont think that because your husband is well qualified and not been contacted, that the others are better qualified. The last 2 batches of PIs that I have seen personally at my work locations were less qualified than many of the cast members that they were working with.

1 paticular PI that I worked with had no prior college program experience, had no prior work experience, didnt do her job, and was mean and rude to her cast members and the guests.

I dont know how they select the PIs that make it into the program, but so far at my work location they are 1 for 4. 1 great one, 2 bad ones, and 1 horrific one.

On a less than steller note however, the great PI didnt manage to get a TA or statused position, the 2 bad ones and 1 horrific one are now full time managers at Disney ( well one is still waiting on the official word )

crimsontide,

hopefully, if I get the opportunity to be an MI for rooms and related, i would be the ultimate manager, meaning people would want to work with me/for me..altho i never managed before, i do know what kind of management style i would use, based on my experience of having a few managers that i worked with, so i have an idea of what works, and what doesn't. hopefully if we end up working together, you would enjoy working with me :)

Dancinralph: I didn't hear anything about G and C brand marketing either... I know the marketing ones are obscenely competitive so who knows... good luck to you guys too!:cheer2:

did anyone get their packet of info yet?

My accept date was April 3. I was told I would have it in 2wks or so and it has not arrived yet. I'm thinking maybe I should have had it sent home and have my mom mail it down to me as opposed to sending it to my CP apt.

I guess if I don't get it by Fri, I'll email my recruiter and see whats up. I can't see how its that hard to put some papers together and mail them out?! lol

did anyone get their packet of info yet?

My accept date was April 3. I was told I would have it in 2wks or so and it has not arrived yet. I'm thinking maybe I should have had it sent home and have my mom mail it down to me as opposed to sending it to my CP apt.

I guess if I don't get it by Fri, I'll email my recruiter and see whats up. I can't see how its that hard to put some papers together and mail them out?! lol

I was told 2 weeks as well, but I accepted my offer over 6 weeks ago! I emailed my recruiter about it and she said that they would probably go out in mid-late May, and not to worry about it as it's the same information that was in the email.
Let me know if your recruiter says something different!

Just a matter of opinion, but does calling casting or calling the department for your PI, make you look impatient, and could this hurt your chances at getting accepted???

I haven't heard from any of the 3 PI(s) I applied for at all, :guilty!!!! I'm beginning to lose hope, even though they will let you know by 16th, this wait just seems endless, going into another week wondering if they will call or not!!!!!!!!!:sad2:

I was told 2 weeks as well, but I accepted my offer over 6 weeks ago! I emailed my recruiter about it and she said that they would probably go out in mid-late May, and not to worry about it as it's the same information that was in the email.
Let me know if your recruiter says something different!
ya i'm just worried bc I'll be leaving my CP apt on May 16 so I hope to get it before then so I don't have to worry about it getting lost :( What email are u talking about? The only email I got was to go to a site and fill out something like paperwork but ya that was all I got

I was never even told about an info packet. The only reason I knew about it was because it was mentioned on the online acceptance form! :) I emailed Michelle (animal programs) with a couple of specific questions about my position and she said she would be sending me an email within two weeks outlining the specifics about my position. I'm assuming the packet is just general information about the Disney look, etc. so this email seems to be in addition to the packet, but I'm not sure. It might be good to check with your individual supervisor/contact since every department seems to be handling things differently!

ya i'm just worried bc I'll be leaving my CP apt on May 16 so I hope to get it before then so I don't have to worry about it getting lost :( What email are u talking about? The only email I got was to go to a site and fill out something like paperwork but ya that was all I got

I was told the info packet is much of the same information. The "Disney Difference" laid out, a Disney look book and information on check in.

Just a matter of opinion, but does calling casting or calling the department for your PI, make you look impatient, and could this hurt your chances at getting accepted???

I don't see any harm in calling just to see whats going on! As long as you are nice about it and don't get irritable if they say they can't tell you anything! As I said in another thread, I personally feel it doesn't hurt to show you are still interested. Sometimes people accept offers then turn them down, so if you show them you are really interested, you might you would be more likely to get the position when they are looking for a second person to offer it to.
Plus the worst that can happen is you find out the position is already filled! Good luck! Let us know what you find out!

hey guys... i have two questions

first, to people who have had PIs before: does anyone know the day to day schedule when we first get there? I know we check in on the 20th, but does anyone know when we have traditions, and whether we go to Disney U for a few days or straight to our work locations?

second... my friend wants to know: have food and bev management calls gone out yet?

Question...Since I did the CP last spring and I've been a Campus Rep since then, will I have to go to Traditions again? I wouldn't mind if I did, I enjoyed it the first time, but it would be fine by me if I got to skip that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter