Fall 2008 PIs

jbellgator

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I know people are still waiting to find out about PIs for Spring, but I wanted to see if anyone is planning on applying for a PI for Fall of next year. I'm going to be applying for Operations Management, Guest Relations and College Recruiting. I hope to hear from anyone who is applying next semester, and good luck to those who are going through the application process right now!

I plan on applying for Operations Managment and if they bring it back Catering Managment. I'm already nervous! I graduate in May so I plan on hopefully starting my real Disney Career. :scared1:

I plan on applying for Operations Managment and if they bring it back Catering Managment. I'm already nervous! I graduate in May so I plan on hopefully starting my real Disney Career. :scared1:

Well good luck! I'm also graduating in May, and right now a PI at WDW is the only thing I want to do-so hopefully I'll get something!

Hey JBellGator... :) I am definitely applying for a Professional Internship after graduation in May--it's the only thing I want to do, too!! I am getting more and more excited as the time to apply approaches, but I am nervous as well. :)

Hey guys! I'm applying for a PI in the fall too. I applied for the spring positions, but the one I really wanted and did all my networking in wasn't open for the spring. I graduate in december so I really hope this works out. Oh yeah, I'm applying for MK Event Assistant, Merchandise Special Events Planning, and Floral Events. Good Luck everyone!

Hey guys!

I'm planning on applying for a fall PI. Does anyone know when they post the listings on disneycareers.com?

I've heard that most positions should be posted by mid to late January, but I'm not positive about that. Whenever it is, it doesn't seem soon enough!

BTW- Hey LaMagique! See ya in a few weeks!

Does anyone know how likely it is to get a full time position after a professional internship?

It depends on what position you are looking for. I don't know anyone who wanted a full time job and didn't get one. The thing is it's not always where you want to work.

I've heard that most positions should be posted by mid to late January, but I'm not positive about that. Whenever it is, it doesn't seem soon enough!

BTW- Hey LaMagique! See ya in a few weeks!

My recruiter told me they should be posted this week or the next...I hope so!

It depends on what position you are looking for. I don't know anyone who wanted a full time job and didn't get one. The thing is it's not always where you want to work.

After a professional internship, will you be offered a somewhat "professional" job? Or are you talking about an hourly position in the park?

I plan to apply for a few, most likely with the Disney Events Group, but I'm also going to look into other events/communications type roles. The youth events internship with DEG might be ideal for me since they deal primarily with youth music events at the parks, I think, and part of my concentration at school is the music industry. Is there anywhere with a complete listing of internships before they are posted on disneycareers.com?

I'm excited for them to get put on the site! I suppose we'll have a lot of waiting to do if we apply immediately though...

Does anyone know how soon after they post the positions we should apply? (Sorry that is a way awkward sentence, but right now, I don't know any other ways to phrase it). Does it matter?

After a professional internship, will you be offered a somewhat "professional" job? Or are you talking about an hourly position in the park?

For the most part professional jobs. Again it all depends on what line of work you are looking to get into. I had a friend that worked full time in guest relations while she waited for a statused position to open up. She did eventually get her full time position but she was working "a hourly position in the park" until then.

For the most part professional jobs. Again it all depends on what line of work you are looking to get into. I had a friend that worked full time in guest relations while she waited for a statused position to open up. She did eventually get her full time position but she was working "a hourly position in the park" until then.

Oh, well that's what I was wondering. I really don't mind working in the parks and would rather enjoy it for a year or two. But unfortunately I would only be able to do it for so long because of these dang college bills! :lmao:

Hey guys, I checked with a friend of mine who has connections in professional recruiting and she told me the new openings should be posted Jan 15th. Hope that helps!

Question: Did any one else get the e-mail about the Cast Marketing Internships? And are those for Spring or are those for Fall? They never specified in the e-mail... :) Thanks!

Question: Did any one else get the e-mail about the Cast Marketing Internships? And are those for Spring or are those for Fall? They never specified in the e-mail... :) Thanks!

I got it. They must have sent it to all alumni.

The wording made it sound like, to me anyway, that it was for this Spring.

It said "currently recruiting" as opposed to "will be recruiting".

They also said to send your resume into Casting Marketing which is totally off process from the typical way to apply for a professional internship.

"Currently recruiting" may be debatable, but because the message came from Casting Marketing instead of Professional Recruiting and because the instructions to apply were off process, I'm pretty confident that they are trying to find people for the Spring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter