Fake AI generated images are all over Facebook...

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
and it's getting really annoying.

I like to scroll through FB to see things relevant to me...but so often I'm now getting random posts of dogs, cats, interior designs, etc. that are all AI generated fake photos but say "photo of the day!" or something about "It's my birthday and no one celebrates"....crap....then tons of comments underneath about how adorable it is. Part of this is engagement farming that the creator will try to get to go to a shady website or something.

It's a dangerous precedent because of how easy it is to make super realistic (but not quite perfect) "photos". I guess it's cheaper than buying images for this kind of thing, but it's very important for people to be aware of what fake images look like these days as we are now at a point where a lot of things can be faked.

Just a reminder to always be aware of what you're seeing and...like April Fool's Day, don't take what you see at face value.

Photo shop has been available since 1988. So photos that are doctors are nothing new.

True, but it's waaaaay easier with no skill required now. I can make a completely believable "photo" in 30 seconds by typing a few words into an image generator

True, but it's waaaaay easier with no skill required now. I can make a completely believable "photo" in 30 seconds by typing a few words into an image generator
You are correct. I attended a Journalism Ethics seminar 7 or 8 years ago with some pretty amazing pieces of doctored videotape being show. The warning was, do not trust video unless it is from a trusted source. Of course, even my OLD Pixel 3A phone has capability of erasing things from photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter