Extra, Extra Magic

Well, we can book an onsite resort same as anyone else to get EMH. But those who are truly local- say 2 hour drive or less- don’t need a hotel to visit. We just (usually) go for day visits. Some passholders can’t afford to stay on property after paying big bucks for the pass to begin with. :P

So yeah, speaking as a local passholder with not much money to spare- it does stink that there are no mornings for two months where I have equal access to the rides at three parks.

Ouch...that does hurt. :sad1:

While I never want to be happy about something that is disappointing and "not worth it" to other people, I am legitimately overjoyed with the amount of people who say they can't or wont be getting up that early. We're staying at the Boardwalk and while 6am is 5am for us, you can bet your bottom dollar we'll be getting up at 5am (4am body time) to go over to DHS and nothing would make me happier than everyone else staying at their hotels sleeping . We're "go back and nap" people so by 10am we'll be ready for a swim, a nap and then another round by 4pm-ish.

Couldn't agree more a11ie. My family and I love getting to the parks early, taking a late morning/mid day break and then returning to the parks around dinner.

While I never want to be happy about something that is disappointing and "not worth it" to other people, I am legitimately overjoyed with the amount of people who say they can't or wont be getting up that early. We're staying at the Boardwalk and while 6am is 5am for us, you can bet your bottom dollar we'll be getting up at 5am (4am body time) to go over to DHS and nothing would make me happier than everyone else staying at their hotels sleeping . We're "go back and nap" people so by 10am we'll be ready for a swim, a nap and then another round by 4pm-ish.

We are not morning people, but in this case agree- its beyond a no brainer to knock out SWGE (and TSL) early.

There will be plenty of years to come to "wish" we could enjoy SWGE when its not soo busy.

Those years we will have FP+ for later in the day, and be back to sleeping in.

What an opportunity IMO. :darth::chewy:

I am overjoyed they’ll be doing this during our next trip, just wish they would include Epcot too.

Surely, there will be an AP thing at some point?

What do we think the longest day a person could do during this extra/extra phase? 6am to 11pm, if you switch to EPCOT or MK on an evening EMH night? I need to not challenge myself to do this.
A few years ago I did 7AM-1AM at MK. Got there 30 min early and stayed 30 min after close, so it was more like 6:30-1:30, 19 hours. No breaks all day, it was wonderful.

But I plan on doing 6AM to whenever the last park closes on Oct 31st (not the Halloween party though), then slog through the W&D 5K the next morning haha.

A few years ago I did 7AM-1AM at MK. Got there 30 min early and stayed 30 min after close, so it was more like 6:30-1:30, 19 hours. No breaks all day, it was wonderful.

But I plan on doing 6AM to whenever the last park closes on Oct 31st (not the Halloween party though), then slog through the W&D 5K the next morning haha.

I’ve done the same during Christmas week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter