Extra, Extra Magic

Today’s Disney ain’t going to do it. Maybe a one day event again but they would never do several days. Just not going to happen.
Honestly, you never know, especially with Galaxy's Edge, if the crowds appear that they expect and thats a BIG if, we are talking uncharted territory.

All of the reports I have heard of the fact the ride still can't run more than 20 minutes at a time without breaking down and requiring a 2+ hour reset.
Can you point me to those reports? Also I wouldn’t call the issue a breakdown but alarms are tripped causing the reset. According to what I’ve heard things have been progressing well. And like I said Disney has said the ride will open before the end of the year in interviews and such.

Honestly, you never know, especially with Galaxy's Edge, if the crowds appear that they expect and thats a BIG if, we are talking uncharted territory.
Attractions are not designed for 24 hours of operation. Having planned maintenance at certain times like you noted would create unhappy guests because they didn’t get to ride when they went to the park due to downtime. Rides have enough issues pushing through the days as it is. They aren’t going to do multiple 24 hour days. I’ll stand by that until someone proves me wrong.

Attractions are not designed for 24 hours of operation. Having planned maintenance at certain times like you noted would create unhappy guests because they didn’t get to ride when they went to the park due to downtime. Rides have enough issues pushing through the days as it is. They aren’t going to do multiple 24 hour days. I’ll stand by that until someone proves me wrong.
One thing that I have learned with Disney is never say never on this type of stuff, they can do it, doesn't mean they will, but they can. And attractions are designed to take a lot more than you might think.

But Disney used to do scheduled early closing of attractions all the time and they still do with some attractions, so I wouldn't say they wouldn't consider maintenance breaks, it would be that far off from that.

One thing that I have learned with Disney is never say never on this type of stuff, they can do it, doesn't mean they will, but they can. And attractions are designed to take a lot more than you might think.

But Disney used to do scheduled early closing of attractions all the time and they still do with some attractions, so I wouldn't say they wouldn't consider maintenance breaks, it would be that far off from that.
Disney used to do a lot of things they don’t anymore. Parks used to be open until midnight or later pretty often but that’s rare these days. I cannot for the life of me see them having several 24 hour days. It’s an operational nightmare.

I think we all need to relax, take a deep breath and go back to the topic at hand which is extra extra magic hours at DHS, MK, and AK this fall.

I apologize. Some things really bother me and I didn't turn my filter on earlier. Posts have been deleted...so to speak. :worried:

Speaking on behalf of local AP’s, Does anyone realize that this means there will be no early entry for us at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or Hollywood Studios for 2 months!?
By the time rope drop happens... FOP at AK will be 2-3 hours long, Mine train and Slinky Dog will be the same... and forget Star Wars... the line will be out of the park by the time we’re allowed in.

And before someone says something mean in response to my last post, like we should be lucky that we live so close or that we get to go whenever we want so stop complaining. I want to state that we pay a lot for AP’s and give a lot of money to Disney all year round. All I’m saying is, as an AP, Disney should have a passholder preview like they did with Pandora. I think the extra extra magic hours thing for the other parks is great but it would be nice to have some inclusion for AP holders. It just feels like they once again make decisions for the big money grab, that one time visitor who’s going to blow it all in one shot, and not for the constant visitor who slowly spends their paychecks week after week.

Speaking on behalf of local AP’s, Does anyone realize that this means there will be no early entry for us at Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or Hollywood Studios for 2 months!?
By the time rope drop happens... FOP at AK will be 2-3 hours long, Mine train and Slinky Dog will be the same... and forget Star Wars... the line will be out of the park by the time we’re allowed in.

AP holders can't do EMH?? Why not? Because you live right there, don't do resort reservations? :sad1:

Surely, there will be an AP thing at some point?

What do we think the longest day a person could do during this extra/extra phase? 6am to 11pm, if you switch to EPCOT or MK on an evening EMH night? I need to not challenge myself to do this.

It blows my mind to think you could start walking at 4:45am from the Swan or something, and still be 100+ people back in line when you roll up at 5am.
I think a 100 back is a little light... people that our strong with the force are going to line up way earlier. Be prepared for the madness!

Wine and dine weekend runs from Oct. 31st through November 3rd.
Thanks! Do you see them extended this for my stay? My family and I are early birds and this 6am start would be amazing. We are staying the 4-10 of November and are hitting DHS the 6th!

Thanks! Do you see them extended this for my stay? My family and I are early birds and this 6am start would be amazing. We are staying the 4-10 of November and are hitting DHS the 6th!
I would say as of right now no. It will depend on what Disney sees fit based on crowds.

Ive found that the earlier the EMH, the less people make it. When AK EMH is 7AM, you can generally roll into the park around 630 and get on and off FoP within 15 minutes, whereas when its 8, you better be in line by 7. Im guessing based on trends we have seen, even MK on Christmas day at 6AM, the earlier the EMH starts, the easier it is to get in and out. And thent o run in line with that if you are not an early morning person, those parks will start to clear and it becomes easy to get in and use refresh around 11 because the early morning people, especially with little kids, are DONE. They clear and then refresh for the rest of the day becomes pretty easy. We have a long 10 day trip in June but then we are avoiding the parks until November 4th unless they do an AP preview to SWGE. I just dont see the value and we will be there in November, January, and March. Normally we do an early October weekend and then a 3 or 4 day weekend early december. SWGE and the fact the halloween parties arent worth it anymore, made us figure, wait till 11/4 and go for the end of F&W, see the Christmas stuff, and get out again till January.

AP holders can't do EMH?? Why not? Because you live right there, don't do resort reservations? :sad1:

Well, we can book an onsite resort same as anyone else to get EMH. But those who are truly local- say 2 hour drive or less- don’t need a hotel to visit. We just (usually) go for day visits. Some passholders can’t afford to stay on property after paying big bucks for the pass to begin with. :P

So yeah, speaking as a local passholder with not much money to spare- it does stink that there are no mornings for two months where I have equal access to the rides at three parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter