Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHS’ overall wait times are also fantastic today. 45 for SDD, 20 for ToT last time I looked (those are the only two I can remember off the top of my head). I’m sure the hurricane and being a relatively slow time is also helping.

DHS’ overall wait times are also fantastic today. 45 for SDD, 20 for ToT last time I looked (those are the only two I can remember off the top of my head). I’m sure the hurricane and being a relatively slow time is also helping.

I am sure the hurricane has a LOT to do with it. People probably are planning on leaving today or tomorrow at the latest AND I know several people in the Sept thread have cancelled their trips. That means lighter crowds.

Our trip in October 27-31. Plan to do EMH at DHS on Oct 28. What kind of wait should we expect for Smugglers Run if we're there at rope drop (0600)? I know it's very early to know for certain, but there seem to be folks here who have these things down to a science. Thank you!

Our trip in October 27-31. Plan to do EMH at DHS on Oct 28. What kind of wait should we expect for Smugglers Run if we're there at rope drop (0600)? I know it's very early to know for certain, but there seem to be folks here who have these things down to a science. Thank you!
I'm sorry but it really is too early to know. At Disneyland it's usually something like 35 minutes if you get there 30 minutes after park open. But the crowds at DLR are much later arrivers because a huge chunk of them are local and the traffic in LA is insane. It also usually opens at 7 or 8, not 6, and on EMH days at DL, Galaxy's Edge isn't open. So there just isn't much to go on.

All that said, I'm betting they'll be something like an hour if you get to the ride 15 minutes after park open, which is realistic if you show up to the gate at 6. If you get to the park before 5, you probably will barely wait at all! The fun thing about RD is that you control your destiny to a large extent - the more you are willing to wait not in line, the less you'll wait in line. We'll know a LOT more in 2 weeks!

Day three, Smugglers Run is posting a 105 minute wait, everything else is at 5 minutes at 6:55 AM.

Looks like AK opened a few minutes early, FOP is at 60 minutes, 5 for the rest.

So it looks like SR has been busiest first thing in the morning with wait times dropping as the day goes on, yes? When is Slinky getting busy? I’ve been working so haven’t been able to check wait times before 10:30. I’m thinking tomorrow it’d be better to ride SDD first right at 9:00, hit Tower, ST, and then SR.

So it looks like SR has been busiest first thing in the morning with wait times dropping as the day goes on, yes? When is Slinky getting busy? I’ve been working so haven’t been able to check wait times before 10:30. I’m thinking tomorrow it’d be better to ride SDD first right at 9:00, hit Tower, ST, and then SR.
Every ride in the park except SDD has FPs available before 10AM tomorrow. You won’t have to wait in a line all day after you do SDD (except SR). And yes, do SDD first, my best guess is 45 minutes at 9.

I absolutely hate these early hours and am annoyed Disney has chosen to tack on hours at the beginning of the day instead of the end, but it is what it is so we’ll be up bright and early for them. :headache:
I'm the thrilled one that they are having early hours! I'm normally up way before 6 am - and usually in bed by 9:30 pm - and I'm an East Coaster - so as a morning person naturally - I was thrilled they put the extra hours in the morning. I have a mid-September trip plan and I plan to be at the bus stop at my resort each day by 5am. And I'll probably call it a day around dinner.

Every ride in the park except SDD has FPs available before 10AM tomorrow. You won’t have to wait in a line all day after you do SDD (except SR). And yes, do SDD first, my best guess is 45 minutes at 9.

I def won’t be waiting in a 45mn line for anything other than SR. I don’t do lines, I do fp. :) If I can’t get a same day fp for it I’ll skip it. I didn’t pay a crazy amount of money for an annual pass to wait in long lines, though I’ll make an exception for SR for the first ride anyways. It seems to be hovering btwn 80-95 mn today which isn’t bad.

Day 4 (Day 1 for DHS), 7:55:

DHS:
MFSR:80
SDD:40
TSM:20
RNR:15
TOT:10

MK:
Meet Mickey:20
Speedway:15
Meet Cinderella:15
Dumbo:15
Space:10
7DMT:10
IASW:10

AK:
FOP:30
Tough/Bug:10

All other rides/shows have 5 minute posted waits at all 3 parks.

DAK and MK are very quiet. DHS is more in the normal EMH range. I do imagine a lot of people cancelled trips with the threat of a hurricane. I’m not sure how useful looking at waits will be until next weekend.

Day 4 (Day 1 for DHS), 7:55:

DHS:
MFSR:80
SDD:40
TSM:20
RNR:15
TOT:10

MK:
Meet Mickey:20
Speedway:15
Meet Cinderella:15
Dumbo:15
Space:10
7DMT:10
IASW:10

AK:
FOP:30
Tough/Bug:10

All other rides/shows have 5 minute posted waits at all 3 parks.

DAK and MK are very quiet. DHS is more in the normal EMH range. I do imagine a lot of people cancelled trips with the threat of a hurricane. I’m not sure how useful looking at waits will be until next weekend.
These times are surprising/exciting, but with the approaching storm i am assuming this probably isn’t an indicator of what to expect in the coming weeks??

These times are surprising/exciting, but with the approaching storm i am assuming this probably isn’t an indicator of what to expect in the coming weeks??
The last 4 days the really consistent thing at MK has been that waits for things that appeal to small children have been normal, and waits for the roller coasters have been lower than usual.

A few days late but wanted to report my experience. We did EEMH at MK on the first day (8/29)

Contempo Cafe didn't open until 6am, but the little coffee kiosk on the first floor opened crazy early. Doesn't help for mug refills, but could get a bakery item or buy coffee before your trip to the park.

We were traveling with kids ages 7, 5, 5, 5, 5, 3 so we were moving slowly between rides, having to re-park strollers, and not picking things in the correct order of priority.

6:42am this was the entire crowd waiting to get into MK

6:45 let through train station
6:53 PP photos. All photographers had lines maybe 1-2 families deep
6:57 We were at the back of the pack waiting to RD Tomorrowland with this crowd ahead of us

6:58 Here's what the bridge to Fantasyland looked like

7:03 In line for Space
7:07 Boarded
7:17 Tomorrowland Crowd

7:18 In line for Speedway
7:23 In vehicle
7:30 In line for Buzz
7:31 Boarded
7:38 Walked straight onto Peoplemover, our crew were the only folks we saw on any of the ride vehicles
7:56 Crowd for Welcome Show
8:00 Delay while some of our group went for coffee and muffins
8:09 In line BTMRR
8:13 Boarded
8:22 Splash down, kids don't want to do PotC, decide to do Magic Carpets while we wait for adult who had to be 2nd rider for BTMRR
8:32 on Carpets, longest wait of the morning because they kept letting more groups get into empty cars rather than just cutting the line and sending us up. Wait worth it for the kids as Aladdin and Jasmine were on the ride with us.

8:37 In line Jungle Cruise
8:39 Boarded, see while on boat the Splash posting a wait
Kids all insist they don't want to do Splash, even those tall enough. Our friends take the kids to do SotMK while Hubby and I ride alone
8:56 In line Splash
9:00 Boarded
9:02 View of Frontierland crowds from Splash

9:16 Off of splash, need a BR break and to meet back up with crew doing SotMK. Since they're in Liberty Square and kids want to meet Mary Poppins, opt to hit breezeway restrooms and line up for Mary's 9:30am set.
PP went down and our FP anytimed while we were waiting for Mary. Did some FP adjusting.
9:32 First family to visit with Mary. Nice, long visit, still only 2-3 families in line behind us when we finished at 9:37
9:43 In line HM
9:49 Boarded
Sunscreen break in shady part of HM exit
10:06 In line Small World
10:08 Boarded
Break to get strollers from Rapunzel, hit restrooms
10:31 In line Barnstormer
10:38 Boarded
10:46 In line UtS
10:49 Boarded
11:03 Hungry half in line for Cinna Roll at Gaston's, other half in line to meet Gaston (we had met in Feb but other family hadn't)
11:10 Friends meet Gaston, find us finishing up cinna roll, all take another restroom break
11:23 PP photo Lumiere magic shot
11:28 FP tap for 7DMT
11:34 Boarded
11:47 In line Monsters Inc
12:07pm Show started
Friends head to 1:05 CRT ADR.
12:43 Pick up Pecos Bill mobile order, demolish food like crazy people who have been running on fumes all morning
1:05 Aloha Aisle mobile order pick up
1:10 Sunshine Tree Terrace citrus swirl
Stopped to enjoy both iced treats on black rocks by Sunshine Tree Terrace
1:27 In line Philharmagic
1:52 FP tap for Enchanted Tales. One child doubled tapped, burning her PP anytime. CM told us to visit Guest Experience team after show to get it restored
1:57 In first show room
After show, rain starting. Hubby to cover strollers parked by castle while I take double-tapper to Guest Experience team. Rain gets heavy and we shelter in Sir Mickey
2:23 Kids do the photo studio in Sir Mickey to wait out storm as no one is waiting Really cute set up, girls loved it, but they all look like sweaty messes!
Friends running long at CRT, still only on main courses. We're running out of park time, so we opt to use PP anytime without them
2:41 FP tap for PP. Line very backed up but unsurprising given the length of downtime.
2:54 Boarded
3:04 In play area for Dumbo. Ride was a walk on, but kids wanted the play area, not the ride
3:18 Goodbye to friends, walk down to Tomorrowland
3:26 FP tap for Space
3:33 Boarded
Head to Main St for sundaes before leaving
3:49 Treats acquired and rapidly demolished
4:00 Walking back to Contemporary to catch 4:30 sad bus

This was the most incredible MK day ever! When they announced EEMH, we added a park ticket and a night at the Contemporary specifically to see how much one could accomplish starting MK at 7am when everyone else was at the opening of SW:GE. Our experience was even better than anything we could have hoped for. The park felt completely deserted until at least 10:30. When things did pick up, it went from seeming like an after hours event to low, early morning crowd levels.

Even the low posted waits were higher than reality. Most of our delay from entering a line to boarding was little legs walking slowly through queues. HM was posted at 15 minutes, so we thought we'd have time to sunscreen, and we ended up walking directly into the next opening of the stretching room. UtS was also posted 15 but we walked straight through to our shells. Had we been traveling with an older group who had different priorities, we could have easily done Space, BTMRR, and Splash back-to-back multiple times before meeting resistance. When we got off of Space and saw how dead the line still was, the adults tried to convince the kids to go again, but they wanted to drive the race cars. Same deal after Buzz- the adults were angling for Space again but the kids wanted Peoplemover.

FWIW, we didn't do much refreshing because there simply wasn't a need for FP throughout the morning. However, we started the morning with PP, 7DMT, and WtP passes. Between PP anytiming and the kids passing on WtP (we had done on our MNSSHP night) we were able to pick up Enchanted Tales at 1:10 and Space at 2:15, both for parties of 5, with very little effort.

I'm sure the EEMH crowds will pick up as September turns to October, but I would HIGHLY recommend going through the effort of dragging yourself out of bed early at least one morning just for the experience of touring Magic Kingdom as the sun rises.

jAh5xxkm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter