Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went to HS this morning for EEMH. We used the boat from BC to HS and arrived at 6:15. Walked back to SWGE and were in line for Millenium Falcon at 6:25. Posted 70 minute wait but only took 50. Went back into line after a drink break...posted was 40, actual wait was only about 25 minutes. After the 2nd ride we went to TSL and were able to do AS2 (walk on), SDD (posted 25 but was about 15), and TSM twice (walk on). That ended EEMH and then we started using FP's. Really, you could easily do all the rides during EEMH, we just chose to to a couple twice instead. No need to be really early and waiting around either. Just our findings anyways.

We went to HS this morning for EEMH. We used the boat from BC to HS and arrived at 6:15. Walked back to SWGE and were in line for Millenium Falcon at 6:25. Posted 70 minute wait but only took 50. Went back into line after a drink break...posted was 40, actual wait was only about 25 minutes. After the 2nd ride we went to TSL and were able to do AS2 (walk on), SDD (posted 25 but was about 15), and TSM twice (walk on). That ended EEMH and then we started using FP's. Really, you could easily do all the rides during EEMH, we just chose to to a couple twice instead. No need to be really early and waiting around either. Just our findings anyways.
My guess is Dorian crowds really impacted this and probably will change by next week. Right?

This week is typically the slowest of the year. TouringPlans had AK and MK as 1s on the crowd calendar before the hurricane started forming.

I think the week of the 15th will be the first telling week.
Today usually isn't slow though, right? Usually around a 5 if I remember correctly. I was hoping for some data before my arrival on the 18th. :(

My guess is Dorian crowds really impacted this and probably will change by next week. Right?
I assume the hurricane has made a big difference this weekend even though this time of year is typically slower anyways. I think starting tomorrow the crowds could be even less (though we've been finding it very low all weekend already).

It was lovely at Food and Wine tonight-little to no lines at the booths and plenty of seats everywhere.

At MK this AM with crazy low wait times again - I was here the same day 2 years ago and crowds were triple. So yeah I’d say the hurricane must’ve had SOME impact. 7DMT 30 mins after “rope drop” at 25 mins? It was glorious. Rode Space Mountain twice in a row bc there was no wait. I feel so spoiled now and hoping crowds stay super low for September for everyone else visiting.

Day 6. Parks are closing early for Dorian. Epcot opened to the public at 7AM (not EMH).

7:35 AM:
DHS:
MFSR 60
SDD: 20
TOT, TSM, ST, RNR, AS2: 10

AK:
FOP, Bug: 10 (!)

MK:
7DMT: 20
Cinderella: 15
Space, Pooh: 10

Epcot (not EMH)
TT: 30
M:S 15
Turtle Talk:10
Soarin: 10

All other rides/attractions 5 min or less.

Stay safe everyone.

Today usually isn't slow though, right? Usually around a 5 if I remember correctly. I was hoping for some data before my arrival on the 18th. :(
Me too. I’m there at a similar time. I’ll keep looking (and posting wait times here if it’s appreciated) daily until then. I think the week of the 8th will help those of us going right after, but not at all someone going in October. This time of year crowds basically build every week through Columbus Day, and so far I see no reason to think this year will deviate from that. That means for pretty much everyone, EEMH will be busier than any EEMH experiences they’ve seen posted here so far. Touring Plans’s “actual” results crowd history says crowds were a 1 at All 4 parks for each of the last 5 days. That just won’t continue for 2 solid months.

But the magnitude of that build will be interesting.

I'm wondering if there will be a huge difference in crowds between September and October. Disney hotels are generally at 90% occupancy, so I'm wondering if that means that EMH crowds won't go up.

Not including this week, opening holiday weekend and Dorian have probably made anything this week unreliable.

Do they open Frontier Land up later in the morning? I noticed that there were no posted times for most, if not all, of the rides in that area earlier this morning.

Also, I see that Splash is listed as temporarily closed... is this a today issue or has it been ongoing?

Do they open Frontier Land up later in the morning? I noticed that there were no posted times for most, if not all, of the rides in that area earlier this morning.

Also, I see that Splash is listed as temporarily closed... is this a today issue or has it been ongoing?

Only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open during MK AM EMHs, FYI.

I am not holding my breath for these low times next week. I'm hoping, but afraid people will have changed their trips after the storm. Maybe, maybe not. Time will tell. But my luck usually goes the other way lol. So probably 240 wait for SR, 120 for SDD etc etc.. lol

Me too. I’m there at a similar time. I’ll keep looking (and posting wait times here if it’s appreciated) daily until then. I think the week of the 8th will help those of us going right after, but not at all someone going in October. This time of year crowds basically build every week through Columbus Day, and so far I see no reason to think this year will deviate from that. That means for pretty much everyone, EEMH will be busier than any EEMH experiences they’ve seen posted here so far. Touring Plans’s “actual” results crowd history says crowds were a 1 at All 4 parks for each of the last 5 days. That just won’t continue for 2 solid months.

But the magnitude of that build will be interesting.

I’m going Sep 21-26 (parks 22-25) and as I’m on the west coast I’m appreciating the posted early wait times very very much! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!