Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
7:20 am September 18:

SDD: 30
MFSR: 15 (looks like folks are following the advice to go to TSL first and its resulting in higher wait times there!)

FOP: 30

7DMT: 30
Meet Cinderella: 15

Everything else 5-10 minutes! I can’t believe this, I hope it stays close to this for our trip in 11 days!

7:20 am September 18:

SDD: 30
MFSR: 15 (looks like folks are following the advice to go to TSL first and its resulting in higher wait times there!)

FOP: 30

7DMT: 30
Meet Cinderella: 15

Everything else 5-10 minutes! I can’t believe this, I hope it stays close to this for our trip in 11 days!
Hoping it's like this tomorrow! 15 minute wait for MFSR just a moment ago!

Could be just random wait time variability as things get going in the AM, they were likely single-tracking it that early and a crowd built, may have been a delay/some downtime on that one track. I suspect some combo of one or all of those factors may have been involved.
The wait times are normal again this morning for TSM so I imagine this is exactly right. I am going to assume that they had an issue with one or two of the tracks and it’s not a permanent change to EEMH procedures.

First, thank you for this thread! Hopefully this is the right place to post these questions.
2. Has anyone successfully entered the park for eemh on resort check-in day? Will have magic bands and have done online checkin.

Thanks!
There have been reports in various threads that this has not been a problem.

We had excellent luck with EEMH and wish they had it all the time.... We did AK on 8/29 and 9/3. We walked on everything, even FOP that was 10mins. We did MK on 8/30, 9/2, and 9/6. Again walked on everything. Then we did HS on 9/5. We walked on everything and then headed into Galaxy's Edge at 8am and waited just 20mins for Smuggler's Run.

We slept in a bit and didn’t walk in the gates to HS until 7 today. We did SDD, TSM, took a snack break, Rock n Rollercoaster, TOT, another snack break, registered for Jedi Training, then we finally headed to Batuu at 8:30. Got in queue for MF at 8:40, we were off the ride and had already done a photopass by 9:05. It was so fast.
KTR - Can you tell me what time Jedi Training registration is available? I'm trying to figure out if I need to show up at 6am to register my 4 kids. Doesn't sound like that's quite necessary that early from your post. I just want to be prepared. If registration is closer to 8am, as I've heard in different places, was there a line before 8am? Thanks.

KTR - Can you tell me what time Jedi Training registration is available? I'm trying to figure out if I need to show up at 6am to register my 4 kids. Doesn't sound like that's quite necessary that early from your post. I just want to be prepared. If registration is closer to 8am, as I've heard in different places, was there a line before 8am? Thanks.
When we walked up sometime between 8-8:30 there was no line. It was already open and if there was a line it had already been worked through. They still had slots available for all shows as well. Only my younger two were planning to do it, but they pretty much begged my older kids to join in as well. I think they had a ton of openings. Plus we wanted an early show and maybe they were concerned it wouldn’t fill.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but we are going to be in Disney in 3 weeks time for a few days and I had it all planned out prior to the announcement of the EEMH. I've made a few changes based on them but not sure what to do about our first day! The original plan was to go to Epcot in the morning to do Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space and Nemo and then jump over to MK after that. I have fast passes booked for the 3 mountains in MK from 12.30pm onwards. We have a full day planned at MK later on so should we skip going there on the first day and hope to get everything we want done on our full day visit (have FPs that day for SDMT, Space and Haunted Mansion)? We are staying onsite and have multi-park tickets but I've never been before and feel totally clueless. The kids are a bit older so aren't interested in a lot of MK and might appreciate a trip to the pool instead before we go back for Epcot Forever. I don't want them to miss out but if MK is going to be mobbed in the afternoon is it worth it? Especially if the morning might be quiet when we have our MK day. Waaaargh. I could honestly employ someone full time as my Disney adviser - this is already the most stressful holiday ever and I haven't even got on a plane yet!! Thanks for any thoughts.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to ask but we are going to be in Disney in 3 weeks time for a few days and I had it all planned out prior to the announcement of the EEMH. I've made a few changes based on them but not sure what to do about our first day! The original plan was to go to Epcot in the morning to do Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space and Nemo and then jump over to MK after that. I have fast passes booked for the 3 mountains in MK from 12.30pm onwards. We have a full day planned at MK later on so should we skip going there on the first day and hope to get everything we want done on our full day visit (have FPs that day for SDMT, Space and Haunted Mansion)? We are staying onsite and have multi-park tickets but I've never been before and feel totally clueless. The kids are a bit older so aren't interested in a lot of MK and might appreciate a trip to the pool instead before we go back for Epcot Forever. I don't want them to miss out but if MK is going to be mobbed in the afternoon is it worth it? Especially if the morning might be quiet when we have our MK day. Waaaargh. I could honestly employ someone full time as my Disney adviser - this is already the most stressful holiday ever and I haven't even got on a plane yet!! Thanks for any thoughts.
Just to clarify...how many days in the parks? And are any of them partial days (arrival/departure days)?

Just to clarify...how many days in the parks? And are any of them partial days (arrival/departure days)?
We can have 6 full days if we choose. We arrive on the Wednesday night and leave on the Tuesday but can leave at any time we choose on the Tuesday. Was planning two days at HS, 2 at AK, 1 at MK and the thorny Epcot day!! Thanks xx

Sorry - read too fast. You’re just looking for first day advice. I’d still ask how many days you’re there and where you’re going each day. And it depends on which day you arrive - is it a party day at MK - and are you planning to go to it? Generally, non party days are slammed at MK and the afternoon would be the most crowded time.

Sorry - read too fast. You’re just looking for first day advice. I’d still ask how many days you’re there and where you’re going each day. And it depends on which day you arrive - is it a party day at MK - and are you planning to go to it? Generally, non party days are slammed at MK and the afternoon would be the most crowded time.
Our Epcot day is a MNSSHP day at MK but our full day isn't and it's the Saturday (ooops)... So, go on the first day so that we might not need the whole day on our full day? Sorry, I feel like I've hijacked this whole thread! I would change it all now if I could but those pesky FP make that a non-starter! xx

Our Epcot day is a MNSSHP day at MK but our full day isn't and it's the Saturday (ooops)... So, go on the first day so that we might not need the whole day on our full day? Sorry, I feel like I've hijacked this whole thread! I would change it all now if I could but those pesky FP make that a non-starter! xx

I’m assuming your first day is October 10th - definitely going to be the lowest crowds you’ll see, so I would plan a full park day, if it was me. Are you staying onsite? If so, you’ll get so much benefit out of starting at rope drop. Rope Drop Epcot at 8am, do what you had planned - and then head to Magic Kingdom. Touring Plans is predicting a crowd level of 2 at MK that day, which is almost unheard of - so you should be able to get a lot done. Crowds will be so low you would probably be fine without rope dropping Thursday and Friday if your people like to sleep in. Whatever you do, enjoy Thursday and Friday! Crowd levels will pick up over the holiday weekend, dropping off slightly Tuesday, but not as low as before the weekend. Lots of schools have fall break during Columbus Day week, so do as much as you can your first two days and plan more afternoon breaks for the other days. Have fun!

Last edited:
For what it's worth I've been checking times every 30 minutes in the morning and at 7:30 (7 minutes later), it was SDD 40 TSM 45.

TSM should have a shorter wait than SDD. Disney should run the ride at full capacity, simple as that. Running one track is a disservice to their guests.

So we did EEMH at HS on Wednesday. We got up at 6 and were at the park before 7 (Epcot resort). TSM was a walk on and we could have ridden it several times over and we could have done SDD but MFSR posted at 15 min at 7:15 or so. By the time we got there it had jumped to 35 but we only waited 20. It was 50 minutes when we got out and didn’t really seem to drop again. Saw the land, grabbed breakfast at docking bay 7 ( food was pretty good but small selection). Walked on Alien Saucers, 10am Ogas. Loved it. We got a table by chance and the atmosphere was neat. My 7 and 10 year old liked it. 11am lunch at SCI Fi (kids loved it and their food, I thought the food was fine and the atmosphere was great). Then we went back to SWGE(dad and I) to ride single rider for MFSR (5-10 min wait and we got to be engineers together). Then we secretly adopted a Porg for the grandkids. Great day. Loved SWGE. Need to go back to get more of the details. We did MK for the afternoon and it was a zoo.

Yep. Overall crowd levels for October 1-11 range from 3-5. Individual parks range mostly from 2 to 6.
Thank you. All the talk of October being busier I was thinking it would be higher (than that), but compared to September maybe that seems more crowded.

So we did EEMH at HS on Wednesday. We got up at 6 and were at the park before 7 (Epcot resort). TSM was a walk on and we could have ridden it several times over and we could have done SDD but MFSR posted at 15 min at 7:15 or so. By the time we got there it had jumped to 35 but we only waited 20. It was 50 minutes when we got out and didn’t really seem to drop again. Saw the land, grabbed breakfast at docking bay 7 ( food was pretty good but small selection). Walked on Alien Saucers, 10am Ogas. Loved it. We got a table by chance and the atmosphere was neat. My 7 and 10 year old liked it. 11am lunch at SCI Fi (kids loved it and their food, I thought the food was fine and the atmosphere was great). Then we went back to SWGE(dad and I) to ride single rider for MFSR (5-10 min wait and we got to be engineers together). Then we secretly adopted a Porg for the grandkids. Great day. Loved SWGE. Need to go back to get more of the details. We did MK for the afternoon and it was a zoo.
You got into Ogas without a reservation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter