Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. All the talk of October being busier I was thinking it would be higher (than that), but compared to September maybe that seems more crowded.

You got into Ogas without a reservation?

I read it that they had a 10a reservation for it

7:01 am September 19
FOP: 60

SDD: 35
MFSR: 35
TOT: 10
RNR: 10
AS2: 10

Meet Cinderella: 15
Meet Ariel: 15

All other rides 5 minutes.

Bonus times: 7:31 am
FOP: 40

SDD: 40
MFSR: 40

7DMT: 20

All other rides 5 or 10 minutes

MK again this morning for us. We did Pooh, Meet Ariel, a couple impromptu PhotoPass sessions, and Under the Sea. All were walk-ons. At 8 we did Belle then we moved over to Tomorrowland and did the PeopleMover and Buzz as walkons. At 9:30 the only line in Tomorrowland was to meet Stitch. We also did Laugh Floor and CoP, shopped, ate twice, and saw the Move It Shake It parade before leaving a little after 11.

Supposedly the average guest does 10 attractions in a day, we did 8 in a morning without using a single FastPass.

I’m assuming your first day is October 10th - definitely going to be the lowest crowds you’ll see, so I would plan a full park day, if it was me. Are you staying onsite? If so, you’ll get so much benefit out of starting at rope drop. Rope Drop Epcot at 8am, do what you had planned - and then head to Magic Kingdom. Touring Plans is predicting a crowd level of 2 at MK that day, which is almost unheard of - so you should be able to get a lot done. Crowds will be so low you would probably be fine without rope dropping Thursday and Friday if your people like to sleep in. Whatever you do, enjoy Thursday and Friday! Crowd levels will pick up over the holiday weekend, dropping off slightly Tuesday, but not as low as before the weekend. Lots of schools have fall break during Columbus Day week, so do as much as you can your first two days and plan more afternoon breaks for the other days. Have fun!

It is yes. Wishing we had booked to go the week before now (we nearly did!) but hindsight and all that. Thank you so very much for your time and help. xx

Thank you for everyone who shares their experiences on this thread.

We went to HS this morning. Bus was waiting at 5:30 at Kidani. After picking up at Jambo we were off and got to HS right at 6.

Took about two minutes to get through security and get our Mafic Bands scanned.

Walked straight on through to the Courtyard and decided we would head to MFSR instead of TSL - Way more people headed there.

6:16 In line for MFSR. There was a cast member with a sign saying it was 60 minutes from that point but I knew that was overexaggerated. We rode and were off by 6:50 so just about 30 minutes. We walked and enjoyed the atmosphere and walked to TSL straight through (it was open both ways all morning)

In line for SDD at 7:15 with posted 35 minute wait. We're rode and were done at 7:35

Walked on to TSMM.

Mobile ordered at Woody's Lunchbox at 7:50 and had the breakfast bowl...yum!

Took our time and went back on TSMM with 5 minute wait. Done by 8:30

Bathroom break and over to ToT. Walked on and done by 9:10

People watched outside until 9:55 then rode again at 9:55 with FP+.

Went over to SDD at 10:30 with 45 minute wait. Took 35.

Had an 11:30 ADR At Oga's. In line at 11:15. Inside at 11:20. Loud and crowded and we had to stand but glad we got to experience it anyway. Out by 11:50. Took a pucture with Photopass and out the gates at noon.

We could have done more I think but we are old and didn't feel like pushing it. We did everything we wanted to do and were happy with that.

DH said crowds were definitely the lowest we have ever had at HS, Even just walking around.

Off to EEMH at MK tomorrow.

6:45 am September 20:
MFSR: 30
SDD: 15
Everything else: 5

7:05am
FOP: 60

MFSR: 20

7DMT: 30

7:21am
FOP: 45

MFSR: 25

7DMT: 25
Meeting Mickey & Minnie: 20
Speedway: 10
Meet Tinker Bell: 10

I'm confused... I have plans to go to EMH at Hollywood Studios in a couple weeks...at 6am. I thought the whole point of it opening this crazy early was to give people willing to go this early a chance to see Star Wars. I just noticed that the Disney World website says that the Star Wars area isn't open for EMH. Is that correct? If so, I can't see why in the world I'd want to wake to and be at Hollywood Studios that early (no offense to those that think that sounds awesome).

Jess

I'm confused... I have plans to go to EMH at Hollywood Studios in a couple weeks...at 6am. I thought the whole point of it opening this crazy early was to give people willing to go this early a chance to see Star Wars. I just noticed that the Disney World website says that the Star Wars area isn't open for EMH. Is that correct? If so, I can't see why in the world I'd want to wake to and be at Hollywood Studios that early (no offense to those that think that sounds awesome).

Jess

Wherever you read that is incorrect - all of SWGE is open at 6am for these "Extra" Extra Magic Hours. More info here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/extra-extra-magic-hours/

I did HS yesterday solo (other half likes to sleep in) and got to the bus stop at Contemporary at 5:40, got on the bus at 6:05 (had bad bus luck this whole trip to and from contemporary). Through security by 6:20
Once in however, crowds were very low. Walked a very empty black spire area. Ate breakfast at docking bay 7. Went on MFSR, once in single rider and once in regular line. Regular line wasn't much longer. Had a drink at Ogas, no wait to get in at 7:20a. Finished up SWGE by 7:45. TSMM, RR, and ToTx2, left by 9:20. Again, waited a long time for the bus when leaving.

Has anyone popped into Oga's during EEMH? Wondering if it's a popular spot before 9 am.
We went in during EEMH pretty early so I don't know if it ever gets crowded close to 9:00 AM.

AWESOME Cast at Oga's-Heather is AMAZING-if you get here as your server you will know what I am talking about!

DHS this morning, arrived at 8. Alien Saucers first where the right side broke while we were in line immediately spiking the wait from 5 to 20. Then TSM, around 8:30 they opened another track (or maybe another 2) We were halfway through our posted 25 minute wait, but when that happened, the line started moving, and we were on in just a couple more minutes.

Then Woodys Lunchbox and EEMH was over.

I can confidently report that they are no longer running all 3 TSM tracks for most of EEMH, hence the huge spike in 7:00 hour and 8:00 hour TSM waits recently.

At 1 track TSM capacity is lower than AS2 and at 2 tracks it it comparable to SDD, but it’s the only ride without a height requirement in the park, and it’s September so most of the kids here are 5 and under, so it’s very popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter