Extra day for early check in?

Dicentras

Mouseketeer
Hey all! Our flight lands at 9am, I’m considering adding a day before we arrive so we can have a room to crash in right away rather than waiting until 4pm(+).

Has anyone done this before? Is it ok to do, or is it frowned on since the room will be empty for the night.

Thanks!

(and since I know it’ll get mentioned, we can’t just go to a park to wait out the day - my son gets super over stimulated from travel and needs a break after the flight to reset.)

We've not done it, but know folks who have. If you reserve/pay for the room, there should be no 'frowning'! It's your room to use as much or as little for the day you reserve it. At least you know it'll be available when you arrive, and it sounds like that's important to you..... I assume you mean a "pre-day" added on to your existing reservation, so you can move in and stay. If you want to do it and the room is available, go for it. There is no down-side, except additional expense! And if you're staying on-site at a Disney resort, it could give you an extra day jump on ADRs or extras at the 60-day mark! Enjoy your trip.

I have heard folks suggest calling the front desk on the "check in" day and letting them know. The system might see a "no show" and cancel your reservation. Calling the front desk should eliminate that possibility.

Yes, you can do this. Just be sure to let them know that you won't be arriving until early the next day. They will note it on your reservation.

I was told a few years back that it is after two nights where no one has entered the room that it is considered a "no show" if the resort or MS has not been notified of a late arrival.

But, as long as they are aware of when you will get there, its no issue at all.

Yes, I always do this whenever flying redeye (landing at 7am). I call the resort a week before, and day of check-in.
In fact, I am doing this again in 2 days ☺️ I noticed during online check in there is now the arriving “after midnight” option (don’t remember if it was always there). Just to be safe, I’ll call again on Wednesday.

Hey all! Our flight lands at 9am, I’m considering adding a day before we arrive so we can have a room to crash in right away rather than waiting until 4pm(+).

Has anyone done this before? Is it ok to do, or is it frowned on since the room will be empty for the night.

Thanks!

(and since I know it’ll get mentioned, we can’t just go to a park to wait out the day - my son gets super over stimulated from travel and needs a break after the flight to reset.)

never thought about doing this, I like the idea.... if we ever have any extra points

We do it all the time, and have done it for years. We drive from the north east, and when our kids were younger we would put them in the car at 6pm and start driving. They would sleep through the night, and we would arrive at about 6 or 7 AM to a guaranteed room waiting for us.

On a similar note, when we go to Aulani, we always book an extra night at the end. We spend that last day at the beach (or at the bar at off the hook - don’t judge) and go back to our room to shower at 3:30PM or 4 PM. We then head to the airport at about 6 PM for our 10 PM flight. The room is empty that last night, and I know that there are lounges we can sign up for or even have a spa day or other ways to deal with the last day, but it’s our vacation and that’s how we choose to use our points. :-). We all vacation differently.

Bottom line, never had an issue but as mentioned above always we let the front desk know we would be arriving the next morning.

I have heard folks suggest calling the front desk on the "check in" day and letting them know. The system might see a "no show" and cancel your reservation. Calling the front desk should eliminate that possibility.

Not trying to be facetious - but seriously asking: Why would you need to call the front desk when you can just do online check-in? How are they going to know if you are actually there or not?

Not trying to be facetious - but seriously asking: Why would you need to call the front desk when you can just do online check-in? How are they going to know if you are actually there or not?

They know when you enter your room. Online check in doesn’t change that. After two days, without anyone entering, I was told it is considered a no show.

Our home resort rules and regulations actually say that notification to the resort or MS is required so that you don’t risk having the room canceled.

I know this because I had renters years ago during who didn’t show up…they canceled the room on them and abut 4 months later, i was actually some of the points from it…the extra three days…it was a 5 day trip.

No problem doing this as long as you're willing to fork the extra points for it. Would call the desk though just to let them know so they don't no-show you.

I've done it for arrivals at around 2am.
I do online checkin and say that I'll be getting in after midnight. It's all fine.
We can't actually call the front desk anyway, so I don't bother calling. Though if I were getting in two days later of course I'd call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter