Extended Evening Hours

Wondering why it matters why they moved it. They make changes all the time. We'll be there in early March and I won't trust what hours hour until a week before we leave, and even then it could change!

The extended evening hours have had a pretty consistent schedule of M at Epcot and W at MK since they started last year. I believe this will only be the 2nd or possibly 3rd time it’s moved. And the move for the cheer group in early February seems like it will take a lot of the value out of it for eligible resort guests. They don’t seem to move these or change them once they are set. Sure, if the park hours change, then the hours will be pushed back, but changing the day is unusual. For me, the day matters because we will make our park plans around attending. My tentative touring plan had us doing the MK Wednesday evening. Now, we will need to plan to go on Tuesday.

Any thoughts on if these extra hours affecting daytime park attendance at the parks?

DD and her bf will be there without a hopper, so I'm wondering if it will be worth choosing their Epcot and MK days WITH the extended hours or to AVOID the extended hours days.

They make changes all the time. We'll be there in early March and I won't trust what hours hour until a week before we leave, and even then it could change!
Except that we have to make park reservations way in advance, and ADRs two months in advance. If Disney changes which nights have extended hours, that completely messes with your vacation schedule. Especially because it's really difficult for most families to stay out until 1:00 a.m., and then get up and rope drop for a 7:30 early entry the next morning. If Disney switches the extended evening hours days, that blows up my entire plan. If they do it after I have already made park reservations and ADRs, that would be infuriating.

How have the lines for the buses back to the hotels been towards the end of the extended park hours? Is it as hectic as regular park close?

Has Disney done away with the night time extra magic hours for deluxe resorts? I just looked online and it’s not showing any dates for next week that have the extra magic hours listed. It was showing a couple weeks ago.
Anyone know?

When they have extended hours at certain parks, do you need anything else besides a park reservation that day? We'll be staying at BLT, but I'm not sure if I need an additional bracelet or anything else. TIA =)

When they have extended hours at certain parks, do you need anything else besides a park reservation that day? We'll be staying at BLT, but I'm not sure if I need an additional bracelet or anything else. TIA =)
Nope. They’ll scan your MB (or room key card if you don’t have a MB) to confirm you’re a guest at a qualifying resort.

Hollywood Studios added to Extended Evening Hours!

https://blogmickey.com/2022/01/disneys-hollywood-studios-added-to-extended-evening-theme-park-hours/
This raises all kinds of questions.

The first DHS night is on a Wednesday. Is that in lieu of MK that week? Will they alternate which parks have extended hours each week? If so, that would be extremely disappointing!

Is this just a temporary spring break thing? If so, why not do it in March also?

If they are going to have extended hours at three parks each week going forward, and Epcot remains on Monday and DHS now takes over Wednesday, then when will MK be? I'm guessing that Disney would rather not do it on Friday or Saturday. I think they are using Extended Evening Hours in part to try to incentivize deluxe guests to stay longer, and not just come for the weekend. That's why they have generally only done these on Mondays and Wednesdays so far. Maybe MK will be Sundays or Thursdays? Or even Tuesdays? (Though it that were the case, you would think they would have announced it for April 12.)

Last edited:
If they want us to extend our stay, then they need to announce it further ahead of time. I would happily rearrange things to fit these into our schedule, no matter what park they are. Yes, I realize they announce it in time to book dining at 60 days. But 60 days is usually not enough time to rearrange vacation schedules, time off of work, flights, or to extend a disney deluxe resort stay.

I'm excited for HS, but hope it doesn't replace MK. I was most excited for MK!

If they want us to extend our stay, then they need to announce it further ahead of time. I would happily rearrange things to fit these into our schedule, no matter what park they are. Yes, I realize they announce it in time to book dining at 60 days. But 60 days is usually not enough time to rearrange vacation schedules, time off of work, flights, or to extend a disney deluxe resort stay.

I'm excited for HS, but hope it doesn't replace MK. I was most excited for MK!
Agreed. We planned a July trip to have our first park day as Wed to do extended hours at MK. I want that more than HS. If MK moves to Tues we would have to move our whole trip and I don’t think that’s possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter